Librarium Online Forums banner

Wow. The new daemonettes really ARE a means to make me not want to collect slaanesh.

48K views 146 replies 76 participants last post by  Ironangel256 
#1 ·
And more than that - if these new minatures phase out the current metal range of demonettes, it will be a loss worse than any other that has befallen the hobby yet.

I was browsing over on warseer rumours just before (yes, I know, at least I'm not a full traitor as I don't actually have an account over there :) ), when I saw a thread on some new chaos demons - Juggernaut, bloodletters and daemonettes .

The Juggernaut was pretty good, not sure about the bloodletters, but I am sure about the daemonettes. They really, really, really stink. I was thinking about collecting a warhammer fantasy chaos army, lots of demons (slaanesh and tzeentch), but now I'm not so sure...

P.S I hope this hasn't already been talked about at length here. I'm tired and didn't bother searching the forum for similar posts - for which I apologise! :)

#67 ·
Perhaps it's all an elaborate scheme to get people to buy more of the current metal Daemonettes? I know I couldn't keep from grabbing two boxes of them for my BoC instead of the Eldar stuff I was going for once I saw these. xD

And, since they were mentioned by the OP: Anyone have a link to pictures of the Bloodletters and Juggernaught? Haven't seen them yet.

#69 ·

And, since they were mentioned by the OP: Anyone have a link to pictures of the Bloodletters and Juggernaught? Haven't seen them yet.
the Bloodletter and Juggernaut piccies are in the earlier reaches of this thread. it's in there somewhere...

could you change the colour of your text? you kind of hurting my eyes with that shocking pink! ;? thanks!

-Kai-Itza-

#68 · (Edited)
those models are just eww.. ;? ok corsets are hot;Y, but these things couldnt attract a horny goat in heat. :D

my opinion, go back to the old ones. ive always liked those models and have always been thinking of a slannesh army to ally with my nurgle in apocalypse so i think ill be grabbing some of them before these new ones block out the oldies!

ok heres a pic of the Juggernaut

And heres the pic of the new bloodletter

juggernaut is deadly awesome, bloodletter is very classic style

#71 ·
I've commented on the Daemonettes, so I'm leaving them alone for a minute.

But about the Bloodletter. I can't yet decide whether I like them or hate them. That's one friggin big sword, but where's the brass armour? Did it get stolen by a crafty Daemonette while the little Khornate daemon was clawing its way out of the Warp? Or does this mean that with the new Daemon Codex, we lose the Bloodletter armour save we all know and love? Either way, its silly.

I do quite like the claws and face. Not quite sure why it's scaly...

As for the Juggernaut, phwoar! It's just a shame I'll never use it...why take a Khornate Lord if it can only move 6" a turn...? But still, might buy one for the lookee-niceness-ness. Etc.

#73 ·
Not liking the Juggernaut. The original is much more solid and beastly.
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. The old one may have had larger legs but it was so static, and the way its head faced it looked like a grazing cow. *GRAZING COW OF KHORNE!*
That new bloodletter is pretty cool, i agree that some armour would help, but what's really missing is some wings. Can't have a bloodletter without some huge nasty wings8Y

#74 ·
Just my 2 cents.

Firstly, I think the juggernaught needs to look more daemon and less machine, but I think in comparison to the old one, the new one looks slightly better.

Whats up with the bloodletters Big Sword!!! It looks bigger and badder than Abaddon's . And you what they say. . . The bigger the better.:D. .:|. . Sorry.

Although I like the bloodletters body and the way it seems as though its moving. The no brass armour thing is strange, and the apparent scales/dots on his back imo don't fit.

The face also looks a little weird, but its growing on me.

But it is plastic, so I'll probably get it and convert it up some.8Y

Ahh just noticed something, the new bloodletters are on the front of the codex, at first I thought they were greater daemons of slannesh.

#75 ·
oh no! the daemonettes are horrible! like many of you have already said, they're way to static. if i was going to buy some of those, i'd have to convert some better poses, get rid of that ugly corset to unveil their breasts again, and replace their terrible crab claws.
i'd much rather buy some old ones, even though they are a bit small and metal, they're still much better.

luckily, both the blood-letter and juggernaught were very nice. i hope GW realize their mistake and create new models for their daemonettes.

#76 ·
as i already said. horrible.

those crab claws must come off! otherwise i'll be haunted by this echoing throughout my head at the moment; "Excuse me, yea you with the claws, could crack this walnut for me please? i can't get it open..."

the corsets makes me feel like reaching for the knife, and start jabbing it frantically towards them in classic horror movie style :0

must ...resist... getting more... current metal Daemonettes...

oh, did i mention that they are horrible already?

-Kai-Itza-

#77 ·
Ween yourself from GW's nipple.

If you don't like the daemonettes make/create/buy other ones.

There are lots of minis out there. Use your imagination. ^_^

The new juggernaught looks cool, would like to see it from other angles.

The new bloodletters look great. No more angry beastmen - Hurrah!

#80 ·
The plastic Juggarnaught is just plain sexy..

The new Bloodletter and Daemonettes are bleh... Bloodletter with a big scimitar the size of themselves? Come on, that's lame beyond any fantasy senses. If they had sculpted ONE single hero model to wield the big-a$$ sword then it would be cool.. but an entire regiment of slaanesh-looking khorne daemon holding it looks dumb.

The new Daemonettes.... ugh... is that even a new Daemonette? What's the difference of the new one and the old one, and I mean the OLD ones with crab hands. It just seems that they are more proportioned than before, but still the same old model with a touch up. GW is really going retro... :0

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=301366&orignav=10

Old Bloodletter... oh.. they are going retro! or perhaps out of ideas..

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947020100902&orignav=10

#82 ·
GW is really going retro... :0
The worst part is that it's really unnessicary. The current daemon designs converted to plastic would be more then enough to make the great majority of people happy. Honestly those Daemonettes are absolutely terrible.

Of course, if they just converted the current daemons to plastic then they might not get as many purcahses, but these models are really a step backward (literally, in many ways) and a letdown after the great model offering that GW has been putting out recently.

#83 ·
I'm too tired to read a host of the posts, so here's my two cents.

Personally, I kinda like the new Daemonettes. Though... I dunno. They seem to be lacking something. (Like decent haircuts! BAM!)
They really don't seem complete. Prefer the old ones overall.

Don't care either way for the Bloodletters. Swords are nice - too big though, hands too. Heads... Meh. The body and shape remind me of Saurus, however. The entire model seems oversized in all the wrong places.

And the Juggernaught? Heh. MAN that's about the best GW mini I've seen in a while (Bar possibly the new Orks). Roll on hordes of angry Khornate Juggernaught riders tromping around the countryside. Slowly. Can't wait to see that.

@Scrumhalf, Tau_Caste linked to them on page 7. Links provided again below, however.

Bloodletter

Juggernaught

#85 · (Edited by Moderator)
Personally if I was designing the Daemonettes they would be mostly naked 16yo twinks....
Maybe I am just insane but I think that while they could be more dynamic they are better looking than the metal ones for purposes of not looking as much like human women, though I would rather blades on their arms over the crab hands, though I understand the iconography.

#86 ·
I think I really like the new Bloodletters. The looks of them is far more bestial and hungry. I think the skinny look does it well and the mouth makes it look hungry for blood, violence etc.. They seem to look similar to the really old Bloodletters from the 80's.

The Juggernaught is good too. It looks like a variation on the current Juggernaught which is fine. I do think those hooves look a little like Tyranid warrior hooves though and it seems to have a Carnifex wanabe head.

The Daemonettes I think are alright but that is all. The metal ones I think have a better flow of movement in them and seem more life-like. I also think the design of the metal Daemonettes is more unusual and sensual. Thes ones, like the Bloodletters, seem to be a little more old school in the look. Good for Bloodletters bad for Daemonettes.

However if we are lucky they may re-design the Greater Daemons to look more like the originals. Particular attention to the freakshow Keeper of secrets and the next to naked ape-face Bloodthirster would be very good. The Lord of change and the Great unclean one are quite good.

#87 ·
I dont think whats been posted here as a bloodletter, actually is one. Iv seen another pic of it going through other forums (cant remember which one sorry I was looking for pics of the new eldar jetbikes they were previewing) and its alot larger than the other models around it. So perhaps a new daemon prince or sth like that for the daemon codex>?

#89 ·
I dont think whats been posted here as a bloodletter, actually is one. Iv seen another pic of it going through other forums (cant remember which one sorry I was looking for pics of the new eldar jetbikes they were previewing) and its alot larger than the other models around it.
It may or may not be. When GW make thier models they produce a special casting of the model to start with or something. I'm not sure exactly why they do it but when they do the model will appear about three times bigger than it's going to be.:X

I can remember the same thing a few years ago before the current plastic Genestealers came out. I saw a picture of one (same as you, in a forum and I can't remember where). This Genestealer was about the size of a Hive tyrant. ;o

I think that may be what we have here. The colour of the model looks odd too. It doesn't look like typical plastic as it is all shiny and very hard looking. The sword also looks a little unfinished.:?

#90 ·
I still make a stand for ugly daemonettes. Weird.. bizarre daemonettes = good.

Daemonettes are meant to be totally daemonic and freaky, yet somehow alluring and irresistable.

Daemonettes look pig ugly, yet somehow, you still find them alluring. The fact that you could find something totally ugly arousing is a lot more disturbing that pretty girls with knives.

I'm glad they're moving away from sad hormonal teens and what they like.

Also.. bear in mind that daemonettes have this effect on ALL races.. not just humans. So, it makes little sense to pander to human ideals. Especially hormonal wargamers.

#91 ·
Also.. bear in mind that daemonettes have this effect on ALL races.. not just humans. So, it makes little sense to pander to human ideals. Especially hormonal wargamers.
Heh. Maybe I should mod up some sexy daemon orks, or perhaps a dwarf or two! It's the beards that do it for me :)

Although, you don't get female orcs, do you? Perhaps some kind of cross dressing daemon orc would do the trick...

#92 ·
Crossdressing orks... that just brings up bad thoughts and not much else :X. Just don't start with crossdressing dwarf orks or it'll get totally crazy... DAMN IT! ITS ALREADY HAPPENED!!

#93 ·
The new models are fine I say, part of the way Daemonettes seduce and confuse mortals into not attacking them is not just through their somewhat desirable figure but also using wired auras and powers too, as more savvy beings such as Eldar would see through mere looks.

#94 ·
And now some minis that are far scarier than the new skinny lust-lobsters:

German GW Ork Cheerleader

I also recommend a quick look at Shadowforge minis - an Australian company that I haven't linked to because their website isn't working for me right now. They do female figures that would suit literally any fantasy based gridiron boardgame you care to mention.

Cheers,
TOMB
(My Blog)

#98 ·
#95 ·
Most people seem to dislike these models, GW must have realised this already amongst their own staff. Maybe they will go back to the drawing board with these miniatures. Lots of people have been saying they look like humans, I prefer the elven look of the current daemonettes, slannesh did pop into exsistence because of the Eldar.

The Juggernaught is fantastic though and well overdue, I wonder if it will have a CSM rider or a Daemonic Herald (for codex daemons) or both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.