New info on Codex: Ruinous Powers + a big surprise! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New info on Codex: Ruinous Powers + a big surprise!

Hi all, just thought I'd try to compile the rumours from Belloflostsouls concerning the upcoming Codex: Ruinous Powers:
    -Rumoured to be oversized; possible even hardback
    -Will FULLY describe each of the 4 main Chaos Powers (cults, anyone? :drinking including their daemonic followers.
    -Will cover both WHFB and 40k.
    - Includes a stand-alone army list for each game system to use a full army of daemons.
    -Roughly a dozen special characters across the 4 major powers, some of which can be used in both game systems.
    -NOT compatible with Codex: CSM.
    -Some suggest that it will not be tournament legal, but only for games of Apocalypse or pick-up/friendly games.

If all of these rumours are true, I'll be VERY happy. Sure, some people will moan about it being non-tournament-legal, but seriously, how often do you play tournament games, compared to friendly or pickup games? And with the cults hopefully making an appearance, my Khorne will be renewed! All in all, quite yummy on the C:RP front.

Now, for the big surprise!

According to Warseer rumours, next summer might see another new codex, in the form of Codex: Orbital Assault! Apparently, it will focus on high-speed raids and deep-striking in more depth, while adding new rules for each army. There are also several rumoured releases to accompany it, including:
    - Plastic drop pods
    - Plastic Thunderhawk (OK, this one's been around for ages, but who cares...)
    - Plastic IG stormtroopers
    - Plastic Valkyrie (unlikely)
    - Ork Stormboyz

It's rumoured to be presented in a campaign format (a la Eye of Terror/Armageddon) with set protagonists/antagonists.

If this one is true, it'll be going against GW's latest policy to have one book and one book only for each army, however knowing them and the general reliability of Warseer, I have to admit this seems a possibility.

Hope this shed some interesting light,

Mike.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Well, as far as tourney legal, I could care less. Like you said, I'm all about the friendly game instead of the official rules-lawyering everybody-make-the-same-internet-list kill-your-opponent-in one-turn tournament game. (Sorry for the sour grapes attached to that...)

Anyway, the bigger surprise to me out of this is that GW would consider making one book to cover aspects of both game systems! It's long been one of their tenets that 40K has a Codex, Fantasy has an Army Book, and they're trying to separate the two more and more (which is why the Sq***s and other so-called "dead races" are so taboo).

All in all, though, Codex: Ruinous Powers has a really nice ring to it... ;Y
    I build, I convert, I sometimes paint, and once in a while, if I'm really lucky, I might even play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Wow good find on both the rumors and the big surprise.;Y Makes me excited about the new ruinous powers codex. Did I read a DOZEN special characters. Awww. I think of all the (hopefullly) great models.8X A few letdowns though. Not surprised with the non compatiblity of the two codexes. It would just give us too many options. And the legality of tournaments, that stinks. Although I Would love to see the hardback book come true! At least 200 pages hopefully with godly amounts of fluff...

The codex orbital assault would be nice, but I don't know. It seems too close to apocalypse. If it does happen then I think it would make both apocalypse and this new orbital assault codex too seperated, because this wouldn't let apocalypse get set in the minds of the gamers as much. But I would still like to see it happen. More models, codexes, and rules the better. Plus who could deny the possiblity of Abaddons retuine of terminators popping up right under your nose. I sure can't.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Other than the string of curses about it not being compatible with Chaos Marines, good find. This also means that GW doesn't think specific Daemons are balance-able for tournaments, I guess... maybe not for them, they're kinda limited by their own boundaries. But I digress, and you'll note this post is (remarkably) very calm and not filled with foul language. I refuse to shoot the messenger.

Yes I'm bitter about not being able to use Furies. So what? I can enjoy the game anyway...

*carefully seals the tape on a package addressed to the GW bigwigs*

I swear it's not ticking...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you Zuke about the tournies. OK, so I enjoy the odd competitive match, but I think it's a lot less stressful just hanging out with your mates, working along at your own pace, squeezing as much fun as you can out of the game. That's, after all, why it's called a wargame, not a warcompetition.

And I thought that too about the C A and Apocalypse, but for those of us who have seen the new Apocalypse book, it really doesn't have much fluff on lightning raids and orbital strikes. Quite surprisingly, really, but there you go.

And yep, that's right, a dozen. Supposedly including Foulspawn and Doombreed from C: CSM.
    Last edited by thewineguy; October 8th, 2007 at 18:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Good news.

My thanks to people for braving the troll laden, flamey seas of warseer to bring us this information.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Imperialis_Dominatus:

I agree it's a bit lame for CSM to be left with generic daemons only, but if you're that desperate to use Furies, slap a coat of red/pink/blue/green paint on your CSM and call them cult marines. And then buy a crapload of Furies.

Or, there's always Apocalypse.

And don't worry about shooting the messenger, I'm blessed by Khorne and Nurgle. Aka your bullet's useless and the next thing you know you're singing your prayers to the Warp. ;Y Shoot away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Good news.

My thanks to people for braving the troll laden, flamey seas of warseer to bring us this information.
    I wouldn't dare!

No, these bad boys came straight from belloflostsouls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the idea of Plastic Stormtroopers, finally won't have to deal with metal models that much now.

-Sorrowsky

"DID WE JUST SIGN UP FOR A SUICIDE MISSION, RICO?" "YEAH WE JUST DID, WHEN WE ENLISTED" LOVE THE IMPERIAL GUARD, JOIN TODAY!!

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by thewineguy View Post
    @Imperialis_Dominatus:

And don't worry about shooting the messenger, I'm blessed by Khorne and Nurgle. Aka your bullet's useless and the next thing you know you're singing your prayers to the Warp. ;Y Shoot away.
    *loads bolter* lets test that theory shall we? Traitor!

Im loveing the idea of a plastic thunderhawk, GW did say to expect a lot of big plastic comeing our way after the baneblade!!!

Also, plastic storm troopers?!?!? BONUS!!!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast