Codex: Orbital Assault (copied from existing thread) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Codex: Orbital Assault (copied from existing thread)

Hi all,
    I hope I'm okay to do this but I just wanted to split this into a seperate thread for discussion. If anyone has a problem with it I'll understand. Thanks to thewineguy for the original post (New info on Codex: Ruinous Powers + a big surprise!):

---------------------

Now, for the big surprise!

According to Warseer rumours, next summer might see another new codex, in the form of Codex: Orbital Assault! Apparently, it will focus on high-speed raids and deep-striking in more depth, while adding new rules for each army. There are also several rumoured releases to accompany it, including:
    - Plastic drop pods
    - Plastic Thunderhawk (OK, this one's been around for ages, but who cares...)
    - Plastic IG stormtroopers
    - Plastic Valkyrie (unlikely)
    - Ork Stormboyz

It's rumoured to be presented in a campaign format (a la Eye of Terror/Armageddon) with set protagonists/antagonists.

If this one is true, it'll be going against GW's latest policy to have one book and one book only for each army, however knowing them and the general reliability of Warseer, I have to admit this seems a possibility.

Hope this shed some interesting light,

Mike.

---------------------

Certainly interesting for me! I've been waiting years for Drop Pods (the tops of 2L fizzy drink bottles keep getting laughed at) and though I don't believe it will ever happen, a plastic Thunderhawk would be the stuff dreams are made of.

I'd also love some new Stormtroopers in plastic as I *hate* having all metal squads.

I'd also love to see some missions based on this premise; I want a return of Drop Pod Assault! It would also be nice to have some missions on space platforms, as well as some more in depth deep strike rules!

(Again, apologies if reposting this has trod on anyone's toes I just though it deserved a seperate thread)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry Chrispcarter, doing this is the best way; I was just too lazy to make two separate threads.

Nice work. ;Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The possibility of plastic stormtroopers is more than enough to have me on board for this. A Valkyrie kit would be nice but I never use flyers. These campaigns, although essentially rigged, are always fun to play over the course of the summer with frequent players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    Clear rules, from GW? Never.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Yeah, this would be great. Maybe they could bring back some deepstriking onto ships kind of like space hulk. And I would definately want drop pods for some quick, fun, assualty missions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrispcarter View Post
    If this one is true, it'll be going against GW's latest policy to have one book and one book only for each army, however knowing them and the general reliability of Warseer, I have to admit this seems a possibility.
    Yeah but, the City Fight codex has universal rules for all races, not specific models though...
    just a thought...

Edit: ...and also does apocalypse, with special rules for existing units.
    Last edited by Razzie; October 10th, 2007 at 21:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is it that one of the models people would eat dirt for , the plastic valkyrie, is unlikely to be made? It would be a great thing for a lot of Imperial guard players and im sure that many would wait for plastic stormtroopers if this were to made in plastic.

Well thats just my two small denominations of money!
    If a thousand monkeys worked a thousand typewriters for a thousand years, we might get some rules without mistakes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...

Improved Fast Attack Grey Knights would be nice (less scatter? half movement after drop?)

Drop Pods for GK?

Drop Seraphim?

Drop Storm Troopers?

Improved Orbital Strike?

What else could the Inquisition need?
    Everyone is guilty of something...what's your crime citizen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop Pods for GK
    This seems kinda unfluffy to me. The Grey Knights teleport into battle. That's their hallmark, the way the Ravenwing ride bikes or the Blood Angels have a preference for Jump Packs. Why downgrade to a mass driver transport when you can teleport straight through the enemy's defences?

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor_Tolheim View Post
    This seems kinda unfluffy to me. The Grey Knights teleport into battle. That's their hallmark, the way the Ravenwing ride bikes or the Blood Angels have a preference for Jump Packs. Why downgrade to a mass driver transport when you can teleport straight through the enemy's defences?
    That isn't unfluffy. It even happens in fluff in Grey Knights. They are marines too, they just have cooler gadgets.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

ugh, this Rumor seemed to have spread like wildfire. GW never really said anything at all about this, it just randomly appeared out of discussions of ''what would be after apocalypse''. afterall, even people considered Apocalypse to be Siege Warfare, not Epic Warfare.

Dosent stop it from being a cool concept though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast