Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
With all the hubub about the Vampire Counts I decided it was time for a gathering of all the rumours into one format. As more accurate iinformation become avaliable I will update this. :happy:
- The book is being writen by Gav Thorpe.
- All units in the army are now Undead, there are no live units, NONE.
- The book is generaly focusing on the Von Carsteins with some fluff regarding the other Bloodlines.
-The Necromancy magic list is getting a serious revamp (pun not intended, honest :rofl) with several spells being made more powerful.
- Curse of Years will be the 4th spell in the list and has a lower casting value.
- New spell called the Winds of Death which causes a single wound on every enemy unit on the table (rolling to wound of course). The wounds go towards the creation of a unit of spirit host.
- Invocation of Nehek may extend to all undead units on the table with the exception of vampires.
-There is going to be difference in how Vampires and Necromancers work with Necromancers being better at raising and healing undead units and vampires being better at casting the more destructive spells.
- Bloodline specific powers are now gone and have been replaced by a single list from which all Vampires can take.
- According to a reliable source one of the powers allows all sleleton and zombie units within 12" to use the vampires WS in combat for one turn only.
- Special Characters will be revolving around the Von Carsteins with Vlad, Isabella, Konrad and Manfred von Carstein making appearnces each with a new model.
- According to reports Vlad von Carstein has a cloak billowing out behind him with a hand extended showing the famous ring. He is wearing barouque armour and the whole camp horror vampire look about him has gone.
Konrad von Carstein is believed to be accompanied by his zombiefied mother which has a ward save of some sort. The model is supposidly quite "mad" looking. He is described as having two hand weapons and is licking the blood off of one of them. His cloak starts off as a normal cloak but begins to change into a bat swarm as it moves away from him.
- Lastly Manfred vonCarstein has two forms with a younger and older version making an appearance. There is no news regarding the younger version but a model for the older was seen at GDUK 2007.
- Vampire Lords and Arch Necromancers no longer exist. Only the Vampire Count remains with stats believed to be roughly the same as they are now. However to compensate for this vampire counts may take 100 points of magic items AND 100 points of bloodline powers.
- So far two generic vampire models have been seen one is a lahmian with one arm as a wing.
- There is no news as yet regarding the Winged Nightmare and Zombie Dragon though it is believed they making an appearance in the new book.
- Three hero choices as they are now the Vampire Thrall, the Necromancer and the Wight King.
- Vampire Thralls may now be your general according to reports.
- Necromancers now play a support role for the army healing and summoning units.
- Wight Kings behave as they do now.
- All core units are now plastic.
- Skeletons are now cheaper and there are new models to come out which are slightly smaller than the current ones.
- Zombies are now S2 and still strike last. However they are cheaper in terms of points.
However they cannot be joined by characters and cannot pursue their opponants. Instead for every rank of zombies the fleeing unit suffers extra wounds (armour saves allowed).
- Dire Wolves are as now but have new models reflecting their undead status whicha are more dynamic in pose.
- Grave Guard are getting new plastic models which have been seen at GDUK 2007 as well as at several other events.
- Black Knights are not getting new models as far as is known. However their nightmares now have ethereal movement .
- Ghouls are being moved to special and become undead. They will be a ranked up unit of infantry instead of skirmishing.
- Fell Bats remain as they are and are not getting new models.
- Vargulf are a new unit. They have wings however they do not fly. They instead move 9" a turn and may act in a similar manner to Koxigors and Tree Kin (This may be the source of the rumour VC were getting an ogre sized unit.). It also may be possible to use the Vargulf as a strigoi model.
- Bat Swarms remain as now and are not getting new models.
- Spirit Hosts remain as they are and are not getting new models.
- Knights of the Blood Keep are the newest addition to the army. These are vampire heavy cavalry which have WS6, S5 with lances (so S7 on the charge), 2 attacks, a 1+ save, are subject to frenzy. Their mounts are called greater nightmares which have S4 but do not gain the ethereal movement that Black Knights have. Models have been sighted which are very dynamic looking.
- Wriaths are now Rare instead of Hero choices. They form a unit and may take a Banshee as a unit champion.
- Black Coach has been changed slightly though it remains the same points. It now has a 4+ ward save. According to one source wizards are able to donate power dice from their personal pools. The VC then rolls a D6 and on a 6 the Black Coach gains a permanant ability. The more 6s rolled the more abilities it gains which are believed to be as bellow.
3) Unknown as yet.
- Plauge Cart (Name not official) is a new unit. According to a generally reliable source it is a cart filled with Zombies with Zombie on the haft of the cart. As to what it does is unknown.
Enjoy JvK 8Y
Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.
thanks for the info. sounds pretty awsome so far. im not so sure about the plague cart thing, seems more like a skaven/nurgle unit type. im also surprise they're not redoing the black knights at all, considering how ugly they look
Really, really good info, thanks a lot!
"Politics is the womb in which war develops"
Well, that sends my threads to pot.
But on a more positive note, thanks for the compilation, and I'll be interested to see how this new Book turns out.
I am not saying that this rumours not are true, but.Isn't this a chaos spell copy? Tzeentch (indigo fire) that makes horrors!New spell called the Winds of Death which causes a single wound on every enemy unit on the table (rolling to wound of course). The wounds go towards the creation of a unit of spirit host.A character that can take 200 points of magic items/power's!!! Only army that I have seen able to that more that 100 points are dwarfs. I don't think you will be able to pack 200 points with any character. That would take Vampire Count rigth back to 4 edition (herohammer).However to compensate for this vampire counts may take 100 points of magic items AND 100 points of bloodline powers.You know that this would be the only cavalry unit in the game with S7 (on charge) and would have a armour save that only 2 other units in the game have ( empire knigth and chosen chaos knights). Undead with frenzy??Knights of the Blood Keep are the newest addition to the army. These are vampire heavy cavalry which have WS6, S5 with lances (so S7 on the charge), 2 attacks, a 1+ save, are subject to frenzy. Their mounts are called greater nightmares which have S4