Hordes of Chaos & new coming daemon codex question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Hordes of Chaos & new coming daemon codex question

Hordes of Chaos & new coming daemon codex question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone. Me and my friends decided we'd start Fantasy, after a long absence from warhammer 40k.

I was interested in Wood Elves and Hordes of Chaos, but I had a question about the codex's.

If I read correctly, new daemon codex is coming out for fantasy and 40k chaos armies. How would that effect the existing chaos army right now?

That's basicaly it really. I still have yet to buy anything fantay.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Well, nothing is certain on how it will change the HoC book. Not that much is now as of now about the new Daemon book.

I think the HoC book will stay as is, at least, until it gets a new edition. You might expect daemons to be gone from the new book and entirely playable from the new daemons book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

The next Army Book to come out will be Dark Elves. Then HoC. Or it might be HoC then Dark Elves.

40K Codex: Daemons is set for a new release soon IIRC but no-one knows what will happen to their WHFB equivalents.

-AFG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    The next Army Book to come out will be Dark Elves. Then HoC. Or it might be HoC then Dark Elves.

40K Codex: Daemons is set for a new release soon IIRC but no-one knows what will happen to their WHFB equivalents.

-AFG
    There's a thread on Warseer where the april release dates from the independent stcockists section of the GW site have been posted. I couldn't check because you have to be an independent stockist to get access to that part of the site.

Anyway, the information suggests that the Spearhead box sets for both 40k and WHFB daemons will be released on the 26th of April.

HERE is the thread.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also had a question regarding this topic. I've noticed in the GW ONline Store that a lot of the Beasts of Chaos models have been pulled. Does this mean they're remaking them too or just sold out or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

They've been doing a lot of reorganising lately on the GW online stores. I don't know what's going on with the beasts but as they don't have a new book coming for a while I think it's likely that any models that have disappeared from the site are being repackaged, so they should be back up fairly soon just with different amounts in the blister/box.

That is just my best guess, though.

Welcome to LO
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

+ Reply to Thread