GW UK - Online Components have disappeared - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

GW UK - Online Components have disappeared

Hmm.

Have just been to GW UK to look to buy particular figures and some spare sprues etc.

They all appear to have disappeared from ALL ranges - looks like pre-chosen blister packs or boxed sets and that's it.

Of course you might still be able to get spare bits over the phone - but without the online reference that could be tricky - unless of course the catalogues have all the codes and you now have to buy one of those?

Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

The online store seems a bit bleh at the moment, try again later maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Izzinatah View Post
    The online store seems a bit bleh at the moment, try again later maybe?
    Could be - or it could be they're cutting staff overheads and costs by doing away with all that bespoke rummaging in component bins??

The site was fine and dandy otherwise - I don't think it was a glitch
    Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

They are restructuring how they sell them. I looked for a bit online and didn't find it so I called the Rulez Boyz (which are the Direct sellers in the US) and was able to order the bitz. The guy who helped me, Keith, told me this...
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEmperor! View Post
    They are restructuring how they sell them. I looked for a bit online and didn't find it so I called the Rulez Boyz (which are the Direct sellers in the US) and was able to order the bitz. The guy who helped me, Keith, told me this...
    I did the same just now in UK - apparently the re-structuring will take "6 to 8 months" and then you'll be able to "buy them in bags" which will make it "a darn sight cheaper".

The quotes are direct and accurate - WHO it will be a "darn sight cheaper" for I leave you to guess - if I have to buy a whole "bag" to get those 1 or 2 pieces - hmmmmm

I almost felt like asking how many lay-offs they were expecting - but he didn't seem inclined to talk much - poor bloke!

He also didn't offer me the chance to buy over the phone - double Hmmmmmmmm!!

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

My local store told me they are bringing Bitz packs back in, so we can get some serious component packs, great for converting stuff!!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherAzriel View Post
    My local store told me they are bringing Bitz packs back in, so we can get some serious component packs, great for converting stuff!!

Yes in 6 to 8 months if the guy was right - and if the pack happens to have all the bits you want - apparently they will be all heads, all shields etc.

So you may end up buying a lot of stuff you don't need to get that one piece you do.

OTOH it will presumably be cheaper for them to handle pre-filled packets.

We'll just have to see?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-52 (x0)

Same is going on w/ US store, tried to get the parts of a chaos slaanesh fiend under "classic" no where to be found
    "Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of free speech, then you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise. Otherwise, you're not in favor of free speech."
    youve been legal pwned

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I have noticed alot of components vanishing from the online store too. I think this could have something to do with selling those collectors guides. This is one of these things for anybody who hasn't seen them.

GW Online : Warhammer 40,000 : Tyranids : Tyranids Collectors' Guide

The collectors guides include all of the codes. They may of decided to make us pay to buy things. I think also the guides haven't done as well as they would like as they aren't guides but catalogs. I took mine back as it had no new info in it.

Then again there is this. Games Workshop Online Store — Dark Eldar Prisoners

These two 'prisoners' are components for Asdrubael vect. I think they can still sell components when they are in the mood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-52 (x0)

Hey kids! They found another way to MAKE MORE MONEY!
    "Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of free speech, then you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise. Otherwise, you're not in favor of free speech."
    youve been legal pwned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast