Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
This was posted on Warseer by Maximus Lucifer. If this is true then the Dark Elves sound like they are going to be interesting. I have added a few comments detailing what I know and tidied up the spelling mistakes (I hate bad grammar.).
so this is what i obtained from a person who went to a seminar...
- +1 Attack on the charge and Hatred are the army Wide special rules.
- Apparently Black Guard change to Special and have a stat increases akin to Swordmasters.
- Executioners lose Killing Blow and gain a new nifty ability against Armoured foes. (I have heard this is the armour piercing rule in addition to S5 so they get a -3 armour save modifier. JvK)
- Witch elves have the ASF ability + poison.
- New spell in the Dark Lore akin to the frenzy spell in the skaven book
- Magic Items have changed quite a bit.
- Cold ones (the mounts) gain +1 attack and are possibility not going to be subject to stupidity.
- Dark Riders are cheaper.
- A new monster as a rare choice.
- RBT is still a Free choice unlike chariots. (Not sure what this means. JvK)
- Harpies are cheaper.
- Sorceresses have an ability having to do with sacrificing their bodies to do more casting power (dont know what he meant). (I do. Sorceresses can suffer a wound or kill an adjacent model to gain an extra power dice. JvK)
- RxB's are St4 and 2x shots if they stand still and if they move it shoots like a normal bow.
i wonder how crazy the new models will be. :party:
I believe on free choice he means 2 for 1 rare, like it is currently. Chariots have this as well, but it seems that might change.
All those rumours are very nice, and will go a long way to make Dark Elves a bit more competitive. Good thing I got 2500 pts. of them lol.
I really want to know what the new monster is, and hope it doesn't replace any of the older one's. Monster horde is always fun to run ;Y
Nice find JvK.. but this sounds Horrendous...
We already have one small elite army, and now with the addition of +1A and Hatred, it looks like we are going to have another tiny army with stupid powers
And Cold Ones without stupidity? Wha!?
Hey I find all the abilities to be fair and wonderful.
Also I might be a bit biased, as this is my army, but the point remains valid!
True, we might be seeing the end days of cheap Warriors. So sad to, I was getting used to fielding more Elves than my High elf kin lol.
I'm just glad to see the discussion starting. I mean, who's been interseted in Dark Elves in the last two years? Cult of Slaanesh breathed a bit of life into them, but now that the Storm of Chaos has abated, everybody's waiting to see what many call a non-competitive DE force updated, revised, and empowered.
It should be interesting no matter what happens.
I'd want to know what models are being redone. The current Dark Elves models do nothing for me, absolutely nothing.
Any news on what will get new models? I have a large nicely painted dark elves army but i hate having to buy and paint new models to update my army to new models (dont have time/money).
Thou the dark elves do need it badly. I just want to know what i have to look forward to selling and buying/painting new.
2500pts Emperors Children
1000pts Dark Eldar Cabal of Agony Eternal
To be honest, new models and a few points changes here and there and the current DE would be awesome. I really dont want to see yet another army that is changed in theme and style completely. But.. i guess there isnt a lot that can be done. Its not like GW actually listen to anyone else, just the beautiful sound of the cash pouring in! Damn them...