New Plastic Kit Rumours - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

New Plastic Kit Rumours

Just thought I'd post these interesting rumours up.

He's said that, as we all know by now, FW is now R&D for GW and that anything thats made a fair amount at FW will eventually head to plastic. The Baneblade is a good example of a supposidly 'impossible' kit heading to plastic. The Valk is likely to be the next because -
    A) Planet Strike
    Plastic stormies
    The theory is that the combination should sell well and that if so, Valks will be incorperated into the main list.

The Thunderbolt falls into that grey area, and it depends greatly on whether 5th edition has rules for flyers in, and whether they return to Apoc. Whilst he said 'Were trying to do one superheavy for each race in plastic' (that last part caught my ear distinctly - so yes, Plastic Trygon and all the other Apoc goodies we've alll been promised). If theres flyer rules in 5th, then were not guaranteed a plastic thunderbolt, until AFTER Planet Strike as it's likely they'll have a crack at another flyer too (whats the point in flyer rules, if theres only one race that regularly uses em?)

He also said that Krieg have been a massive seller for FW, and that if we didn't get plastic greatcoats with next edition then he'd be extremely suprised as they were not only passed development, but they've begun work on the heavy weapons teams...
    SO Greatcoats are being made, Valkyrie is most likely being made. Thunderbolt may be being made. And some other stuff like Trygon etc for Apoc are being made hopefully.

Its why these rumours (and confirmation) of a plastic thunderbolt initially confused me - its not like theres a massive price gap between that and a battle force - compared to the other FW kits, they are relatively affordable so it all depends on how cheap they can make it, and how there used in the game - dont be suprised to see them come in units and essentially be a more powerful sentenal squadron.

Also not sure if this has been posted anywhere - the guard tanks are getting variant sprues. So you'll see the demolisher come in plastic, likely with the baneblade as standard. You're also going to see the hellhound do the same with the Chimera kit. Oh yes, the guard are getting some love
    This one appears to confirm a plastic Thunderbolt. Which is a great idea, maybe a new option in the new IG codex. Alos the variant sprues maybe the start of IG codex stuff?

Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

And some other stuff like Trygon etc for Apoc are being made hopefully.

A plastic Trygon would be nice, though I already have a Trygon. I would of thought that it would be wiser to make a plastic Hierodule, they aren't that much bigger but they could have way more options. Basically make a standard Hierodule with options like the Baneblade can be a Hellhammer etc. Also the Hierodule models are becoming a little dated in terms of thier design look so a new model would be a good idea.

Thanks for those rumours, good to hear.8Y
    Last edited by Leech; February 26th, 2008 at 23:00.

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

So where did you get these quotes from. This really isn't a rumor, just a generalization and prediction by an unknown source.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this means a plastic stompa!

I wonder what Chaos will get?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

Jaff - these are from Warseer from a good source. Not Brimstone or Harry but a good source.

I agree a Hierodule would be much better but Im not sure if it is a Trygon that may just be a rumour.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by pmhunter View Post
    Maybe this means a plastic stompa!

I wonder what Chaos will get?
    I doubt they would do a plastic Stompa, or an Ork heavy in the first place. All of this sounds expensive, and a little uneccessary on GW's part.

If anything Orks will get a Squiggoth, since it does have a design, Stompa's and the like greatly look different.

I think next to Imp's Ork's use the most flyers, for emperor's sake they got a book about a flying squadron

If they ever did an affordable Fighta Bomma, I would be all over that.

-K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

Well, thunderbolts can be looted alogn with Baneblades etc so why do they need a heavy really.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    Thrallstudios

Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!! aeroplane's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    569 (x7)

Please - I'm hoping for a Titan!!!!!
    My insanely large Chaos Marine Army - look

Thier commander's motto-listen

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

NOW we are cooking with charcoal.

Plastic Valkyries and coats with lapels you can land a boeing on? Oh my yes....
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

I dobut we will ever see a Titan in plastic :lol:
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    Thrallstudios

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast