3 months till 5th edition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 months till 5th edition

Wasn't sure if this has been posted (I DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ EVERY POST AS MUCH AS I DO LIKE THE SITE!!!!) so i apologize in advance if it has.

The 40k 5th edition comes out in 3 months time, i read it straight out of a stocking magazine from games workshop so i'm pretty sure it's true.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    229 (x4)

Won't argue it isn't coming out, or it is. I believe you, but when you say:

"I read it in a stocking magazine"

could you further explain what a 'stocking magazine" is? and more importantly, which magazine, and what page, so we all can keep up, and not just have the word of someone else who read it?
    (i.e. i want to read it for myself. I have certain "my friends at the GW store back home told me blah blah blah" that i want to spank with the word of GW, if it in fact they said it is coming out. I want print in my hand for proof.)
    Sho: out.

Rome wasn't built in a day, Either should good scenery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Shonuff View Post
    Won't argue it isn't coming out, or it is. I believe you, but when you say:

"I read it in a stocking magazine"

could you further explain what a 'stocking magazine" is? and more importantly, which magazine, and what page, so we all can keep up, and not just have the word of someone else who read it?
    (i.e. i want to read it for myself. I have certain "my friends at the GW store back home told me blah blah blah" that i want to spank with the word of GW, if it in fact they said it is coming out. I want print in my hand for proof.)
    Yeah. It seems like if it was so close, there'd be some big promo gimmick on one of the GW sites. It also seems like they'd at least wait til after Games Day - I don't think they'd wait till everybody's ready for the big tournament then declare everybody has to use unfamiliar rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Well the Three Feathers tournament in South Wales is going to have the heats in July using 4th Ed, then for the final one of the staff told me it was going to change to 5th Ed. As far as the final goes i think its in August. So 3 to 4 months may not be a bad guess, will just have to wait and find out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I don't know. On the Games Day website, it does say that the Codexaemons will be allowed. So, it wouldn't surprise me if they slipped it in. I could see it all going both ways.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

163 (x3)

In the future there is only Space Marines!

Ah, guess this means I should probably wait a few months then to get a game book (seeing how I'm still stuck with the good old 3rd ed)...

...I'm also assuming this means they'll release a new starter set? Hopefully one -without- Space Marines?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard a rumor that 5th ed was pushed back a year because of the negative feedback they got from the leak.

Oh and the new starter set i heard was gona be Orks Vs Marines, and both side were gona get a walker in the set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

not heard anything like that zerocid - sounds more like forum rumour to me - its a big deal releasing a new rules edition - and whilst content is important GW is not fan focused and more financially focused - thus putting back the rules for a year is a big financial set-back for them.
    It could be done - but I think it unlikley

-further whilst the rules might be released in advance that does not mean that the tourney would be using those rules - that would be very underhanded. Though they might have special events at the day for using 5th ed in mini tournies or matches - along with promo editions of the boxed game and rule book
    member of LO JCHAT
    Legion Of Jaffa Consuming Hatters and Terribly Superfluous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

163 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocid View Post
    I heard a rumor that 5th ed was pushed back a year because of the negative feedback they got from the leak.

Oh and the new starter set i heard was gona be Orks Vs Marines, and both side were gona get a walker in the set.
    Marines marines marines... for an elitist group of monks dedicated to pure geneseed they seem to be pretty prolific. What about the Imperial Guard? Why can't they get any GW love for the starter set?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because IG don't sell in anything approaching the numbers that SM's do. Beakies have been, are, and will continue to be in the foreseeable future the flagship icon for GW's business practices. Whether that be supplements, model ranges/sales, or even novel lines...irregardless you're always going to see them as that's how the market model tells them to handle it.

The moral of this story is STOP BUYING SPACE MARINES and maybe you'll start seeing something a little different on the shelves. Until they cease to be the highest selling range though, we're just going to have to deal with it unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast