Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So I have read through the new daemons book for fantasy this week, might be old news, but if anyone has any questions let me no.
Best bits: customisable greater daemons.
Worst bits: Lots of characters and units without models.
Best unit: Bloodletters
Worst unit: Bloodbeasts, they are just too expensive
Skulltaker: can killing blow anything in a challenge on a 5+, even dragons and the like, wow!
Sure, Il give this a whirl:
1) Do Bloodletters have the same toughness as now?
2) Which Khorne unit's are frenzied, if any?
3) Is the Chariot rumour true? As in, only for Heralds...
4) What are the lores of mgaic like?
5) What does Kanarak, the Flesh Hound champion do?!
6) So, if Bloodbeasts are too expensive, how expensive are they, and what can they do?
7) How will an all Khorne army fare in terms of magic defence? What about the army in general?
2) None of them are frenzied.
3) Yep. Only heralds can use chariots.
4) The Slanneshi one is amazing, though the drawback is you can't take many wizards. The Nurgle and Tzeentch ones are also really nice. Their lores are great.
5) IIRC, you pick a character or unit at the start of the game and he essentially hates them.
6) Bloodbeasts? No clue what those are. If he's talking Fleshhounds, they cost as much as ogres with only 2 wounds, but they're s5, mov 8, and have 2 attacks and MR3. I'd say they are very nice.
7) An all khorne army would do poorly in terms of magic defence. IIRC, bloodletters and bloodcrushers have mr1, heralds I think either start with mr2 or none at all, fleshhounds get mr3, and I think bloodthirsters get mr3. None of them create DD nor can they take the dispell scroll runes.
40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
Current Rep: 1337
I disagree, I think an all Khorne army will do okay at magic defense. Every unit has at least MR1, and you can still take the deamonic gift of spellbreaking for a few extra scrolls.
Kanarak: is a cetter flesh hound, who picks a character at the start of the game, and if he attacks them in contact, he rerolls to hit and to wound rolls, and the whole unit hates everything.
Also, Bloodbeasts are the cost of two ogres, with one would, and the bloodletter on top has two wounds.
Last edited by willadams33; April 12th, 2008 at 17:57.
Here is a little taste of my first go at a 2k Daemon list:
Bloodthirster - Obasidian Armour, Firestorm Blade, immortal fury - 550
Scribes of Tzeentch
Herald of Tzeentch - Spell breaker - 140
19 horrors with full command
15 Bloodletters with full command
14 Bloodletters with full command
5 Seekers of Slaanesh, standard bearer with sieren standard - 145
3 Nurgling bases
Fiend of Slaanesh
Fiend of Slaanesh
All of this information and more can be found in the two other Daemon Army Book rummors threads also found in this rummors section. In those threads you will find complete descriptions of all the units statlines and the correct names for all the units (there are no "Bloodbeasts" in the english version of the army book, I assume your refering to the Bloodletters mounted on Juggernaughts). If you take time to flip through those theads any possible question you could ask is answered.
The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
Actualy the Bloodbeast is a Spawn with the Mark of Khorne (HoC)