Codex: Inquisition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Codex: Inquisition

I understand that the Codex: Witch Hunters and Codex: Daemonhunters are due to be replaced by Codex: Inquisition. If that is the case, does anyone know if the Ordos Xenos will be incorporated (its about time!), and has anyone heard about a time frame for the release? I assume in the not to not-to-distant future as the US online store has already rolled the Witch Hunters and Daemonhunters store sections into the “Inquisition” section.

In addition, any other information about the composition/layout of the new Codex: Inquisition, preferably from reliable sources (i.e. GW senior management; not low level GW sales clerks, local hobby shop know-it-alls, or your own wild imaginations), would be interesting. If you want to speculate I would like to hear it, but please don’t advertise it as reliable information.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin and decay;
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

-Shakespeare; King Richard II

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

From what I have heard, yes the Ordos Xenos will be in it. Though my source is disputable (Just my GW manager)
    Also, he says that it seems it will be set out that what you can take depends on your HQ choice, so if you take a grandmaster, grey knights are unlocked, take an inquisitor, you've got stormtroopers. Canonness, sisters of battle. Etc.
    For example, if I decide I want a deathwatch captain, and a grey knight grandmaster as my HQ choices, then I will be able to take deathwatch marine and grey knight choices in the rest of the list.

As I said my evidence is little, and my source is not solid, however it DOES seem like this would be a good way for GW to go about it, so I personally am trusting it, but taking it with a pinch of salt, so to speak.
    Last edited by Riptor; April 14th, 2008 at 23:02.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the three in one codex is pretty likely. SOme might thing there will be to many units to easily cram into one book, what with combing IST's, SOB's, DW, and GK's into one codex, but if the 140 SM codex rumour proves true I don't find a huge Inquisition codex unlikely. A book that would push players to buy four different armeis isn't a bad way to make money.
    "Dear Diary: Today I may of accidentally registered myself as a sex offender. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE!" - Dinosaur Comics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Its a good idea, it really is. Thats why GW probably wont do it :ninja3:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about the layout for wargear? The recent trend in new Codexes has been to do away with the armory in favor of putting the upgrade options in the army list entry . Personally, I really don’t like it, I think it robs me of many of the options to really customize a character and make them feel unique (e.g. bionics, artificer armour, signature items).

It seems to me that this would be especially true for an Inquisitor, the idea of equipping an Inquisitor from a set list “… may upgrade his close combat weapon to a power weapon for Xpts, may upgrade his laspistol to a bolt pistol for Xpts, or a plasma pistol for Xpts…” feels very wrong to me. Also, this system tends to do away with some of the snazzier items, like blessed weapons and grimoirs of true names and such. Among all the characters in the game, Inquisitors should be able to mix and match, and should have access to really unique and snazzy items 8Y.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post
    How about the layout for wargear? The recent trend in new Codexes has been to do away with the armory in favor of putting the upgrade options in the army list entry . Personally, I really don’t like it, I think it robs me of many of the options to really customize a character and make them feel unique (e.g. bionics, artificer armour, signature items).

It seems to me that this would be especially true for an Inquisitor, the idea of equipping an Inquisitor from a set list “… may upgrade his close combat weapon to a power weapon for Xpts, may upgrade his laspistol to a bolt pistol for Xpts, or a plasma pistol for Xpts…” feels very wrong to me. Also, this system tends to do away with some of the snazzier items, like blessed weapons and grimoirs of true names and such. Among all the characters in the game, Inquisitors should be able to mix and match, and should have access to really unique and snazzy items 8Y.
    While I couldn't disagree with you more the wargear issue, for a variety of reasons, let me say that if you want a possible preview of what a new Inq. codex would look like, the website Bell of Lost Souls has just put out a free Ordo Hereticus Strike Force Codex. This is a just for fun book put out by the website. It's has no affiliation with GW, but the codex is pretty well written and follows the formate of the new books.

In my personal opinion, the new books are the best I've ever seen GW put out in my 12 years or so of playing the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Paris View Post
    In my personal opinion, the new books are the best I've ever seen GW put out in my 12 years or so of playing the game.
    I couldn’t agree more, except about the wargear, in general the new Codexes are very high quality.