lost and the damned - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lost and the damned

Is there any "rumors" on a lost and the damned army? I know that in apocalypse you can combine chaos and IG to get a "latd" style game, but I liked the old version of 1 or 2 Sm's leading a bunch of cultists. With the new codex's (daemons and chaos) any one "hear something on a possible LATD theme? thanks

I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think GW are sticking lost and the damned in apocalypse and leaving them there. Very much what they have done to the Kroot Mercs.

However a group of us on my local forum (Wargamer AU) nutted out a cut n paste update for the Lost and the damned. When I say cut and paste I mean we cut rules from the current Chaos codex and pasted it into the sections where it no longer fit with lost and the damned. We have been allowed to use it in a few tournaments in Australia also and has been well received. It’s only gone as far as the Chaos Codex fixes. We may add more to it now that the Daemons Rules are now out, but we don’t know as yet.

Anyway here it is should you wish to give em a run.

HQ's:
    Arch Heretic - Chaos Sorcerer or Chaos lord from Codex Chaos Space Marines Page 92 and 93.

Aspiring Champions - Points cost as Per EoT codex.. with the following options for their wargear selection.

No Mark - Use options for the Aspiring Champion on page 96 of Codex Chaos Space Marines. May not Take Icons!!

Mark of Khorne - Use options for the Skull champion page 98 of Codex Chaos Space Marines.

Mark of Nurgal - Use options for the Plague Champion on page 97 of Codex Chaos Space Marines

Mark of Slaanesh - Use options for the Noise Champion on page 97 of Codex Chaos Space Marines

Mark of Tzeentch - Use options for the Aspiring Sorcerer on page 98 of Codex Chaos Space Marines

Mark of Chaos Undivided - Use options for the Aspiring Champion on page 96 of Codex Chaos Space Marines, However he counts as having the Icon of Chaos Glory.

Greater Daemon - As per the Codex Chaos Space Marines (summoned greater daemon) Page 102 , does not use an HQ slot.

Allied HQ - As Per EoT codex - Chaos named characters, Daemon Prince, as per the Codex Chaos Space Marines Page 90, 91 ,92.

ELITES:
    Big Mutants - As Per EoT codex

Possessed - As per the Codex Chaos Space Marines page 95

Daemon Packs - Use the Lesser Daemons in the Codex (counts as elites not troops & does use up an elites slot).

Allied Elites - As per the EoT Codex. 0-1 of either Chosen Chaos marines, Terminators, Dreadnought, Khorne Bezerkers, Thousand Sons, Plague Marines, Noise Marines, Chaos Space Marines with Chaos Icons (other than Chaos glory).

TROOPS:
    Mutants - As per the EoT Codex.."Mutant Boss may purchase ONE item available to the Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion entry on page 96 of Codex Chaos space marine. May not take Icons)"

Traitors - As per the EoT Codex. "Agitators may purchase ONE item available to the Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion entry on page 96 of Codex Chaos space marines. May not take Icons)"

Gibbering Hordes - No longer used

Allied Troops - As per the EoT Codex. 0-2 Chaos Space Marines with Icon of Chaos Glory or no icon only. As per the Chaos Space Marine Codex page 96

FAST ATTACK:
    Traitor Recon - Sentinels, Rough Riders, Hell hounds. As per Imperial Guard Codex.

Chaos Hounds - As per the EoT Codex.

Daemonic Beasts - Summoned lesser daemons. As per the Chaos Space Marine Codex page 102 (does use up a fast attack slot).

Allied Fast Attack - As per the EoT Codex 0-1 of either Chaos Bikers, Chaos Raptors. As per Codex Chaos Space Marines page 99.

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Chaos Spawn - As Per EoT Codex.

Defiler - As per the Chaos Space Marine Codex page 101.

Traitor Tank - Leman Russ, Basilisk. As per the Imperial Guard Codex.

OTHER RULES:

(1) A LatD sorcerer whom takes the Gift of Chaos power. The Spawn stat line and VP's are taken from the Chaos codex entry not EoT.

(2) Chaos Icons other than the Icon of Chaos Glory have no effect on Non Chaos space marine units.
    Ah yes. You gotta love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Though its not the same as ye olde LatD, try IA5: Siege of Vraks. Its got the "Renegades" rules...
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IA5 has a good Renegade guard list. But IA6 is supposedly going to have a more Chaos-ish Guard list.
    "Dear Diary: Today I may of accidentally registered myself as a sex offender. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE!" - Dinosaur Comics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'v always liked the idea of a lost and the damned army. but didnt like how its not touramnet legal. good job

I was very, VERY drunk. thechaplain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

I'm a loyalist Guard player all the way, I'm afraid - but your list did give me awsome images of black spikey guardsmed being herded, slapped and generally abused by a few Chaos Space Marines - nice job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Sadly Lost and the Damned have always been grossly under represented in the game of 40K.

Not only would they be an incredibly popular army in reality, but they probably one of the more common armies in the context of the 40K universe too.

It would be great to see more LaTD, I have no idea why they have such little support.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW really did show off their stupidity with losing the LATD. to use them you had to buy 3 codexes = £$£$ for them! Then you had to get models from quite a few different ranges, which in addition to simply selling models, gets you interested in those ranges anyway!

Bring them back, it was fun!

With their own codex sure there wouldn't be the multiple book selling thing, BUT it was, as mentioned, such a characterful army fluffwise (not to mention a converter's dream) that it seems like an idiotic thing to lose.
    If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I didn't want to go on about the potential lucrative potential of LaTD for GW... but now you've mentioned it...

heh heh. Perhaps they're not money grabbing after all. They're just silly. ^_^
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I'm really glad to see that the Lost and the Damned are still getting a lot of attention. Maybe, if we all concentrate and wish really hard, GW will hear and do something!

Meantime, I'll stick with house rules or an outdated codex.
    I build, I convert, I sometimes paint, and once in a while, if I'm really lucky, I might even play.

+ Reply to Thread