Citadel Washes Release Date - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Citadel Washes Release Date

Does anyone know the U.S. release date in June for the Citadel Washes and the Air Brush? I'm curious because of my Tale of Painters deadline.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

is Alpharius FabricatorGeneralMike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekore View Post
    Does anyone know the U.S. release date in June for the Citadel Washes and the Air Brush? I'm curious because of my Tale of Painters deadline.
    The Washes and Air Gun release is on June 7th. I HIGHLY recomend them to everyone . We got 2 sample packs at work and all 5 of staff just love them. We painted up 4 models just using the washes and peoples jaws just hit the ground when we tell them there is no paint on them, just a white primer coat and the washes. People especially like the WE Orion that collin painted up... :happy:
    FluffMaster on a mission to turn people to the Sisters of battle, yes folks it's all about SoB squads in Repressors with lots of flamer templates for the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FabricatorGeneralMike View Post
    I HIGHLY recomend them to everyone .
    What makes the washes better in comparison to the current/old inks? From Games Workshop's advertising one can't really tell, they just keep saying they are better. But how are they better?

I still have a full and relatively fresh set of inks and I am going to use up those first unless there is a huge advantage with the new washes.
    "Fear not and look up to the sky for salvation, for we have entered orbit."
    Blood Angels 2nd Grail Guard Company

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FabricatorGeneralMike View Post
    The Washes and Air Gun release is on June 7th. I HIGHLY recomend them to everyone . We got 2 sample packs at work and all 5 of staff just love them. We painted up 4 models just using the washes and peoples jaws just hit the ground when we tell them there is no paint on them, just a white primer coat and the washes. People especially like the WE Orion that collin painted up... :happy:
    I can attest to this, as I was lucky enough to use them before release and they are amazing. over a white primer. skin is just 2 light coats, and im using them on my deathwith great for a basecoat to build up from! you wont win any golden demons using just the inks, but it sure makes them table ready.
    "What good are the Imperial Guard, If not to die for the Emporer!" - Dawn of War

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    152 (x2)

I know Im going to be getting every one I can lay my hands on
    An example I found of them being used. Took only 30 minutes for THIS:
    What does Slaanesh use to fish?
    Demo-nets!
    Haha, wow thats khorney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

The main difference between GWs current inks and the new paints is that washes leave a very patchy look on flat or raised surfaces (The pigment settles in a very uneven dirty way).
    The new washes are thicker and work a lot like a more subtle version of the dips people have been using for a while. This means they give very smooth transitions, with the pigment settling cleanly on flat or large surfaces.

As an example, I painted a red cloak:
    1/ Undercoat Black
    2/ Paint Macharian red
    3/ Highlight Mach Red / Blood Red
    4/ Highlight Blood Red
    5/ Wash with Devlan Mud / Baal Red mix.

In the past I would of washed parts of the cloack with brown wash (mixed with matt varnish and a little water), then had to tidy it and then washed with red wash to give it back it's warmth.
    The new washes looked easily as good as worked much more quickly.

This means that not only are they great for speed painting (base coat, drybrush highlight, wash) but also for proper painting :C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

When I initially used them in shop I wasn't too impressed. I found that they pooled on the model in a weird way, and that I often had to fight against the wash to achieve what I wanted. I keep seeing better and better work with them, so maybe I will give them another shot.

+ Reply to Thread