New IG rumours - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New IG rumours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x3)

New IG rumours

Some brand new rumours about the IG are floating around. Valkyries would be great.

Take this with the usual dose of salt guys, but someone I trust told me that the new guard codex may have the following things in it.

Army wide special rule: I think it’s called Platoon Drill or something like that. Basically, units from the same platoon may ignore intervening squads when shooting. So enemy units targeted in this way do not receive the 4+ save. Apparently this only works if the Platoon command squad is alive and within 12” of the rest of the platoon. I’ve been told that this is just one of the abilities guard Platoons may get, but only as long as the chain of command is intact (whatever that means). So loosing your HQ Command Squad may be a really bad thing.

Doctrines are for sure gone (I think we all knew this), but have been replaced by more mutable platoons. Instead of Armoured fist squads you can buy Chimeras for a whole platoon. Or buy the whole platoon grav-chutes to give them deep strike, or drop the heavy weapons from squads and give the platoon Scout. Veteran squads become upgrades to platoons (i.e. they are not elites anymore).

Apparently infantry platoons let you attach certain types of support vehicles to them(kinda like back in second edition). Things like sentinels, hellhounds and demolishers can be attached to platoons. They still take up a FOC spot, but become part of the platoon and so will benefit from the Platoon Drill rule.

The Leman Russ can be bought as a squadron so you can get 3 for a single FOC. They can not be attached to platoons however.

Sniper Squads can now infiltrate, get stealth, range finders and all models in the squad have sniper rifles (and BS 4!).

Like the Land Raider, a new plastic sprue for the Leman Russ has been made that will allow plastic demolishers and a 3rd variant (my money is on the Exterminator).

The Baneblade in NOT in the new codex. It just doesn’t work (i.e. overpowered)in games that are not Apocalypse in size.

However Stormtrooper squads can now take Valkyries as transports. Both will be getting a plastic kit. Valkyries follow the rules for skimmers I’ve been told. Again, they want to keep flyers and super heavies out of “normal games” but give people the ability to use them with all the special rules in Apocalypse and Planet-strike (if the ever get around to that.)

This last one makes me wonder what’s they are doing, but apparently there is a new HQ in the book; Inquisitor and Retinue much like the elites from the current Daemon Hunters/Witch Hunters books.

More info if I get it.

Kudos to Dosadi on warseer

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet find. its good to see the collection of rumors consolidated. anything new about greatcoats?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, these are brilliant sounding - especially the three Leman Russes as a single FOC choice. Well actually, they're all pretty good. Fluffy, enough, too, that it makes sense in the lore while still being viable. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of the Guard, when the codex is released in a year's time (or whatever is being predicted)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

So I can play an Armoured Company... kinda? Hrm... Time to invest in some Chimeras... And I think I'll only get 9 Leman Russ instead of 12.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Any word on how they'll go with the Inquisition?

*would really like to see some Exorcists with his 9 LRs*

-AFG//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

141 (x3)

That sounds in line with what I was expecting. Platoons will vary, but you won't have an army wide doctrine. I like the old 2nd Ed. IG structure, so that's cool to have back. 3 LR tanks in a squadron is a hefty choice.

I'm a little wary of the IQ Lord rumor, seems a bit far fetched unless they're going to make inquisition stand alone as a book somehow.

Thank god for the new plastic kit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

What rumours this? (the one re: the =][= Lord)

-AFG//
    Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; May 31st, 2008 at 09:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x3)

Nothing new about greatcoats. Rumours about them have been around for a long time.

Given all the information we know about the release schedule until SW in december/januar, it seems unlikely that they arrive this year. Maybe together with IG in 2009, if ever.

No more news about Inquisition other than the rumoured HQ. Seems unlikely that we will ever see Exorcists together with LR It's just the Inquisitor (Lord) with retinue i guess.

I was very, VERY drunk. thechaplain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x3)

Nice find, thanks!

I must say - I like some of the stuff here - the platoon abilities sound great and I'm not about to turn my nose up at 3 Leman Russ' but if there really are no more doctrines or something very similar I will (possibly litteraly) poo with rage.

On a lighter note - as a Guard player who uses an Inquisitor Lord for fluff purposes, I will be happy to see his addition.

Wow - Guard and Inquisition in the same book - with no new Inquisition codex out yet, is anyone else sensing a hundreds of pages long "Codex: Imperium"???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if doctrines is out then maybe they will be getting rid of the advisors rule as well allowing us to asign commies, priests and psykers as we see fit.

The platoon rule will mean that HQ and IPC's will be buried in cover pretty much every game. Line of sight was always going to be a bugger for Guard in 5th edition.

It will be interesting to see if they do this for the new IG codex.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast