Assault on Black Reach Pics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Those Ultramarines really get around, don't they... 'Nids here, Orks there, next something else over yonder.

Still, nice looking models; I just hope there aren't any pesky UM icons that would need to be filed off. Good find.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Is anyone else thinking that the Dreadnought is getting an upgrade to the weapon sprue to include all the weapons it can be fitted with?
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

What exactly is a "reach"?

It's kind of funny how marines always win in these "tutorial" games. They start off new marine players thinking that your opponents armies never have armour saves

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by mpdscott View Post
    Is anyone else thinking that the Dreadnought is getting an upgrade to the weapon sprue to include all the weapons it can be fitted with?
    I heard from a mate (a redshirt, for whatever thats worth) that the only way to get a dreadnought multimelta in the store is in this box set, and that the other dreadnought boxes (standard/venerable) should be staying pretty much the same (for now, anway).

Also, interestingly, the basic SM dreadnought will come equipped with a multimelta in the codex, and the assault cannon is a cheap upgrade (but an upgrade nonetheless).

Weird huh?

I'm just waiting to see what the new seige dreadnought is armed with in the codex - I've got a twohanded thunderhammer weilding dreadie thats a good 1/4 larger than a normal dread, so it will be awesome if it fits in well with the new codex!
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

I was very, VERY drunk. thechaplain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Those Ultramarines really get around, don't they... 'Nids here, Orks there, next something else over yonder.

Still, nice looking models; I just hope there aren't any pesky UM icons that would need to be filed off. Good find.
    It's been confirmed that there won't be any icons. I also see proof that the models aren't snap-fit here. Look at the close-ups of the marine commander - would even GW reall make a snap-fit arm holding a bolter like that.

The way I was told it (by a highly reliable source from within GW) was that the models appear as they would in their seperate boxes - full-sprue! I'm personally still a little scepticle - I just think I don't want to get my hopes up, I suppose!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by gauss_storm View Post
    What exactly is a "reach"?
    "A reach in geography is an expanse, or widening, of a stream or river channel."

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by thechaplain View Post
    It's been confirmed that there won't be any icons. I also see proof that the models aren't snap-fit here. Look at the close-ups of the marine commander - would even GW reall make a snap-fit arm holding a bolter like that.

The way I was told it (by a highly reliable source from within GW) was that the models appear as they would in their seperate boxes - full-sprue! I'm personally still a little scepticle - I just think I don't want to get my hopes up, I suppose!
    Hmm, it may be worth purchasing the box, even if it weren't such a good deal... I'll wait until it's out to reserve judgment. GW would be silly to let there be a limited run of these guys, so I'm sure we'll have plenty available after they're first released.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally plan to buy the box around 3-4 times. Mainly because I always wanted an ork army, and my Black Templars can always use a few more guys. I will be trading off a dread or two, though, and maybe the coptas from one set.
    I'm Solid Snake...also, I'm a Primarch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by thechaplain View Post

I would be quite surprised if all of the models were as you would find them in the boxed sets. These starter sets are supposed to get new players into the game, which is one of the reasons that they give you snap fit models, because you can just clip them off the sprue, slot them into the base and start playing without having to sit at a table for a couple of hours with a tube of glue.

I read some speculation elsewhere online that most of the models will be snap fit, but the marine commander will be the full sprue, so that new players can start playing the scenarios quickly, then get a proper taste of modelling with the commander. The tactical marines certainly seem to me to be in 'standing with bolter across chest' poses just like the Macragge ones.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. September 3rd, 2008, 21:42
  2. July 13th, 2008, 01:41
  3. June 8th, 2008, 15:51