new lizardmen armybook coming out - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

new lizardmen armybook coming out

what are your thoughts on the new lizardmen army book coming out in the first quarter of 09 i think temple guard should be made stronger and more skilled and available with magic users not just slann and ws 3 for sauruii who are bred for war? also 35 points for swarms seems fair

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Please use some grammar - your post is bordering on the unreadable.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can read his post fine,but anyways,if they are going to coming out with an armybook for lizardmen then i have to tell my friend.Sounds cool

Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

I think Rork was referring to his lack of punctuation in any form save the necessitated question mark.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be fair to goliath, i think rork should have sent a private message rather than post in the topic... and perhaps worded it in a slightly more encouraging way. But anyway...

Yeah i hope the new lizardmen book will bring them a little more up to date with current armies in fantasy, but i also hope they dont change much because i actually quite like the lizardmen book as it is.

Swarms at 35pts with poisoned attacks would be awesome. But do you think they would change skinks at all? because id say that they are the best skirmishers in the game atm.

thanks GG

Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Grave Guardian View Post
    to be fair to goliath, i think rork should have sent a private message rather than post in the topic... and perhaps worded it in a slightly more encouraging way. But anyway...
    Think what you like GG, but it's not your call, so your comments are neither appropriate nor helpful - and since you made them publicly then it is not unreasonable for any rejoinder also to be done publicly as opposed to being in a PM.

Let's just stick to the subject matter in hand. Do we really consider that the Lizardmen Codex is so out of date? Is it really broken? If not, does it really need to be fixed? I'm not sure I would answer "Yes" to any of the above questions.

~ Raven ~

"The choice between good and evil, is made by all who live, with every single heartbeat ... ... ..."

Quote Originally Posted by ZenGamer View Post
    Simple wording. On a forum, any forum, wording is all one has to go by to determine tone and intent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

How many topics are going to be started asking if new Lizzies are underway and then immiedatly suggesting buffs

I think most Warhammer players have been pretty happy with the order of releases recently, Dark Elves certainly need it and with the new Daemons Chaos Mortals need updating and will get it in a few months.

Now beyond that point GW could do any number of armies, but the two we are very likely to see soon and do need the attention are:
    1/ Skaven: In my mind the book that could most do with updating. It's not over-powered but it's not internally balanced, some choices suck and some are too effective. To me it suffers from being a list where only very specific builds do well.
    2/ Lizardmen: Now one of the older books, suffers from many of the same flaws as the Skaven. Skinks, Salamanders and some character options need a minor nerf, and a lot of the other choices especially Saurus need tweaking the other way.

With GW having 3-4 releases per year, it's a safe bet that these two plus one or two more armies will be redone in 2009. I half expect that Tomb Kings will be one of them, then most likely Brets (who actually could do with it, seeing as Ranks for other armies, Mounted GW etc rules have changed since their last book).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by N1AK View Post
    How many topics are going to be started asking if new Lizzies are underway and then immiedatly suggesting buffs

I think most Warhammer players have been pretty happy with the order of releases recently, Dark Elves certainly need it and with the new Daemons Chaos Mortals need updating and will get it in a few months.

Now beyond that point GW could do any number of armies, but the two we are very likely to see soon and do need the attention are:
    1/ Skaven: In my mind the book that could most do with updating. It's not over-powered but it's not internally balanced, some choices suck and some are too effective. To me it suffers from being a list where only very specific builds do well.
    2/ Lizardmen: Now one of the older books, suffers from many of the same flaws as the Skaven. Skinks, Salamanders and some character options need a minor nerf, and a lot of the other choices especially Saurus need tweaking the other way.

With GW having 3-4 releases per year, it's a safe bet that these two plus one or two more armies will be redone in 2009. I half expect that Tomb Kings will be one of them, then most likely Brets (who actually could do with it, seeing as Ranks for other armies, Mounted GW etc rules have changed since their last book).
    Don't forget Hordes of Chaos (or have they already scheduled their release?) and maybe final Chaos Dwarfs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Warriors (Hordes - Daemons) will be released in November 2008

Obviously GW could not update 4 armies, and instead release a new one (Chaos Dwarves, Araby, Cathay etc) or some game expansion instead in some of their slots.

I heard an interesting rumour on PodHammer thatn Chaos Dwarves would be an infantry choice of some form in the Warriors of Chaos Book. It actually sounds like a great idea to me, it allows GW to gauge peoples interest in them without re-doing a whole range. And IF it was a plastic box with different options you could always make a counts as Dwarf army with the bits.

I have to admit I doubt the rumour, and personally doubt Chaos Dwarves will return as an army in the near future (3 years) but it would be a good first step to bringing them back.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

GW has also admitted to working on a new Beasts of Chaos book (in the BoC FAQ), so they'll probably show up in the next year, and I know I wouldn't say no to new TK.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast