Warriors of Chaos Rumours - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Warriors of Chaos Rumours

This was posted on Warseer. Not too sure how much of this is fact.

One of the developers (I think it was in an interview for the Chambers of the Everchosen) basically admitted the White Dwarf List was a phone-in job, and shouldn't be indicative of the next list.

Rumoured list so far:

Special Rules:
    'Mark of Chaos Undivided' no longer exists. Instead, it is an army-wide Special Rule justified by the fact that Norsemen are Just That Hard.
    The other marks have also been changed. How is not specified, although I for one pray to Tzeentch not to 'bless' each of my Warriors with a Talisman of Protection.
    The marks are, as in Daemon armies, designed to work together, although this is somewhat less integral (in this army the marks, if any, decide a bonus, not the whole statline). Norsemen tribes only rarely fully dedicate themselves to a single god, treating the Chaos Gods as a proper pantheon for the most part.

Lord of Chaos
    Sorcerer Lord
    Daemon Prince

Exalted Champion
    Aspiring Champion
    Chaos Sorcerer
    ?Rumoured New Character?: (a greater variety of characters was talked about in the Chamber of the Everchosen)

Warriors of Chaos: Points drop, new marks
    Chosen Warriors: Seperate entry, new marks. Points drop? New models?
    Marauders: Points drop.
    Marauder Horsemen: New plastic models, points drop.
    Chaos Cultists: Human stats, Ld6, 2 Handweapons, no armour. May be 'Marked' in a similar manner to Spawn. (eg. different effects)
    Warhounds of Chaos: New, plastic models.

Chaos Chariot: Points drop, new Marks. New plastic model.
    Knights of Chaos
    Chosen Knights: Now a seperate unit choice. 'Stats to rape a Blood Knight'. May ride Daemonic Steeds.
    Forsaken Warriors: Infantry unit - halfway between Chaos Spawn and Chaos Warrior.
    'Chaos Brutes': As-yet unnamed Ogre unit - may be upgraded to Troll-kin, Ogre-kin or Were-kin. If Dragon Ogres are not in the list, there might also be a Drake-kin option.

Chaos Spawn: As now, 'Marks' altered.
    Hellcannon: As now, no Daemonic Gifts, possibly only takes one Rare choice.
    Chaos Giant: As now.
    Dragon Ogres: May appear in the list as either a Rare choice or an option for being Drake-kin. Main evidence for this is the 'Lightning God' Special Character (see below).

Special Characters:
    Archaon and Galrauch return.
    A new Slaaneshi character with the visuals of an angel, who has Stupidity due to occasionally becoming enraptured with his own reflection in a mirror-shield.
    A new Shaggoth character known as 'The Lightning God'.
    Archaon may, in the same manner as Mannfred from the Vampire Counts book, be taken from different eras.

Other Rumoured Special Character set-up:
    Archaon the Destined - Archaon in the middle of his rise to power
    Archaon the Everchosen - As in the current book, with the new rules for Marks incorporated
    Archaon the Once-Vanquished - Archaon after his defeat in the Storm of Chaos?
    Crom the Conqueror - Undivided Lord that gives bonuses to Marauders
    Arbaal the Undefeated - Juggernaut mounted Khorne Lord with special greatweapon
    Valnir the Reaper - Nurgle Lord with special Flail. VERY hard to kill
    Dechala the Denied - Slaanesh Hero with special dances
    Aekold the Lifebringer - Tzeentch Hero that gives Regeneration
    I am rather pleased to see Valnir the Reaper making a return. He was nasty back in the Champions of Chaos book. His flail gave him +2 strength all of the time and allowed him to increase his WS, S or A in the following turn by however many wounds he caused. I imagine this time he will just regain wounds.

JvK

Last edited by Jared van Kell; June 29th, 2008 at 18:14.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see you stole my post i wouldnt take that much notice of this, alot of that just seems like wish listing, some stuff dosnt make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If this stuff is at least half true i think i will get the new warriors of chaos army whenever it comes out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell View Post
    'Chaos Brutes': As-yet unnamed Ogre unit - may be upgraded to Troll-kin, Ogre-kin or Were-kin. If Dragon Ogres are not in the list, there might also be a Drake-kin option.
    I'm very excited for this, and I really couldn't tell you why. Too much playing "Altered Beast", I suppose.

Tekore

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Looks sweet, cant wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id like to see the new models
    "The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"
    -Il Duce

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Arbaal, Valnir, Dechala and Aekold Helbrass, I feel almost notalgic!
    I look forward to seeing these boys/girls in action! Hope Aekold doesn't have his wind-blade from 3rd ed so he doesn't fly around.

As for Arbaal, it seems wrong he would ride a Jugger, he would surely be riding a giant flesh-hound like he used to (Arbaal in older fluff is the undefeated champion of Khorne, in teh Chaos "red" period, and rode a huge flesh hound. His rules were a little silly, as he could take on most enemy characters without breaking into a sweat).

Is there any further news on the Warriors of Chaos e.g. Eye of the Gods special rules for champions which are defeated in combat etc?

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

wow i want it now i love the idea of new special units! my whole army list will be worthless (HAZZAH) now i can build towards some new thing so my current projects may be duds (if they bring out new chosen moddels i will kill them i just finished 17 of the things!!!).

but my eyes are wattering at the sheer scale of this overhall! and the best thing is that by the time this release comes out i will have finnished all my core allowing me to focus on special...

IM WETTING MYSELF WITH EXSITEMENT!!!!
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJim View Post
    i see you stole my post i wouldnt take that much notice of this, alot of that just seems like wish listing, some stuff dosnt make sense.

In it's defence a friend told me about the Slaanesh Special character a few months ago now, he described the stupidity as "Fonzy Moments" where he checks himself in a mirror as well.
    Hell I've been waiting since I heard that to do Slaanesh Mortals

Another thing he said was that all Warriors will now have 'Chaos Armour' so 4+s all round.

I am kinda hoping the better than Blood Knights thing is false, I already have trouble justifying fielding 55 point Cav. Anymore points and you could make up a unit of Mounted Empire Captains for the same price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whew. Thank god about the WoC list being a phone-in. Now, as for some of the rumored following:

Marauders - Cheaper than before? That means more of them than before, so anyone doing a 'Horde' WoC army will be satisfied.
    Chosen Chaos Warriors - hmmm. Separate unit. Not sure what to expect of them.
    Chaos Cultists - Oi!! I thought these guys weren't gonna be......oh right. Spawn-esque effect marks sound to be something. Wonder if they're gonna be scouts or something.
    Chosen Chaos Knights - I think you should've worded that as 'to grate a Blood Knight' than what you had there, Jarek. They sound veeery promising.
    Forsaken Chaos Warriors - Wah? Troops even more whacked out than the typical Chaos Warriors? Now THAT is definitely what I'm gonna be eying: Warriors wacked out beyond understanding (or however I interpret them).
    'Chaos Brutes' - At least BoC can keep their Minotaurs, Trolls and Chaos Ogres to themselves now. Now we'll have our own 'beefy-muscle boys'.
    Aekold the Lifebringer - Can I hum 'Ae-eko-old' now?

Sounding to be more satisfying than before. Finally, they're giving WoC actual stuff that'll draw in the old players' interests. Yowza.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)