Warhammer 40k Gamer's Edition for 5th - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Inquisitor_Naravus's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

45 (x1)

Warhammer 40k Gamer's Edition for 5th

So I just got my grubby hands on the Gamer's edition of the new rulebook and was mildly unimpressed. The Bolter shell case, while cleverly detailed, is quite a bit smaller than I assumed and the foam inserts are a joke. The best part of the entire thing is 'Hazard: Danger of pre-detonation if used unblessed' written on the side (and the knowledge of how large a bolter shell is...assuming the box is to scale).

The counters included are appear very useful and I will write a bit more on that when I actually get a chance to use them.
    Counters include (two duplicate sprews):
    Crew Shaken (2 per sprew)
    Crew Stunned (2)
    Weapon Destroyed (3)
    Immobilised (2)
    Wrecked (2)
    Gone to ground (1)
    Shot rapid fire/heavy weapon ((3)
    Wound (6)
    Smoke (1)
    Objective marker (3)
    Flat out (1)
    Cruising speed (1)
    Combat speed (1)
    Ran (2)
    Fall back (1)
    Turn counter (1)
    Night (1)

Also has a set of normal templates and all are in a vibrant green plastic.

The rule book itself is a plethora of new information. The back has a datafax of each 40k army and multiple new mission ideas and various battle reports.

New lore on each of the armies (83 pages of it...huzzah!) with some interesting surprises within the time line are also in the book

Last edited by Inquisitor_Naravus; July 12th, 2008 at 09:14.

+ Reply to Thread