Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning- who's playing? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: are you going to be playing WAR?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- I'm totally on the bandwagon for this one

26 78.79%
  • No- WoW is just too much for me, why take a knockoff?

7 21.21%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning- who's playing?

So, Warhammer- Age of Reckoning, is due to be released sometime this coming fall according to their webpage. The trailer was released at E3, and recieved one of "E3's Best" awards. While the game is of course overshadowed somewhat by Dawn of War- i think it deserves some recognition.

The trailer is here: CLICKY NOW!!!

The premise of the game is Realm v. Realm MMORPG. Players of the playable Dwarf, High Elf, and Empire races will be battling in real time warfare against the Tzeentch, Greenskin, and Dark Elf armies. Just from the looks of the trailer you can tell that this is no WoW. There are no bright colors and chirping birds here, alot of the screenshots look beautiful and i'm sure that the combat is as rugged and lethal as it seems to be in all GW games.

I for one will be playing this game over WoW anyday. Likely as either a High Elf Swordmaster, or a Chaos Chosen Warrior, or Black Orc. The armies look so cool, but classes are limited to 3 per race.

Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Mr. Captain, we have an entire W.A.R. subforum (click), including a career previews thread, LO guild interest thread, and all that jazz.

Take a gander over there and see what you think.

PAw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds great but they still removed 4 classes and all the Capitals aside from Empire and chaos. So no i will not be playing a game where an orc goes to a CHAOS city... its like asking a barbarian to be polite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PAw View Post
    Sounds great but they still removed 4 classes and all the Capitals aside from Empire and chaos. So no i will not be playing a game where an orc goes to a CHAOS city... its like asking a barbarian to be polite.
    Learn some patience. Everything will be getting reincorporated, but seriously, would you rather have a crappy game with everything or an amazing game with some things, and more to come later? I'll take the latter, please.

PAw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They stated early on they would be true to the lore and they arnt.
    Male dark elf sorcerors
    Orcs and Elves using a chaos city
    Female dwarves venturing out into the world on a high rate.
    i dont care i read the article they said the classes they cut where good but not great and they only want great classes. that means there is a good chance we wont see some of those 4 classes. why are they restricting us to using two cities? if they are worried about population then dont have alot of servers and slowly open new servers as the games population grows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PAw View Post
    They stated early on they would be true to the lore and they arnt.
    Male dark elf sorcerors
    Orcs and Elves using a chaos city
    Female dwarves venturing out into the world on a high rate.
    i dont care i read the article they said the classes they cut where good but not great and they only want great classes. that means there is a good chance we wont see some of those 4 classes. why are they restricting us to using two cities? if they are worried about population then dont have alot of servers and slowly open new servers as the games population grows.
    You didn't fully read the article that Hasten posted, did you? Click the link next time.

They aren't worried about "population" or whatever, they took out the other cities because they lacked the detail and depth that the other two had. So they took them out in order to work on them more to bring them back into the game after the release. You are only "restricted" to two cities for a short period of time, then the others will be getting put back in.

As for the classes, why are you complaining about that? They took out classes that, according to the article, they deemed not as fun as the others, and they want their players to have fun. So they took out the not-fun classes in order to tweak them or introduce new and more fun classes at a later date.

You don't have to play the game, but you don't have to whine about everything, either, especially when what you're saying isn't fact.

PAw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psha! they stated early on they were staying Lore Accurate. i don't know i guess
    Im just being a whiner not that it matters, i will probably end up playing War.
    *Slaps Lost Nemesis across the face with a glove*I challenge you to a duel good sir!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game is going to be good because I heard that there altering all the "kill such and such a beast" for"such and such a NPC", by using some smart software so you dont have to colect a bear pelt or a rabit paw or whatever your supposed to be capturing, instead the NPC knows when you do kill whatever your supposed to go and kill and rewards you acordingly.
    So some of the repetative grind has been removed for more gaming fun.
    Lord of the nurgalings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I REALLY want to play this game, WOW just ate my life there for a long while. Me and the wife were having problems and all the guild drama, lol, it was just retarded. I actually just kicked the 'habit' like 8 months ago. I really don't need to go through it again lol! YAY for me for finally beating the game!

Drinks all around! !
    "Only by greeting death can one truly accept the responsibilities of being a warrior" Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

That's why you join up with the LO Guild - we're drama free!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast