40K coming to PS3 and 360 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40K coming to PS3 and 360

Hey guys,
    Hope this is the right section for this, if not feel free to move it somewhere more appropriate.

IGN just posted an article that suggests a 40k video game may be coming to the Xbox 360 and PS3. Here it is in its entirety:

An interesting job listing went up on Tsumea, the well-known site for Australian and New Zealand game developers, yesterday, advertising a number of positions for a new game based on the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

The game is to be developed by Brisbane-based THQ Studio Australia and the listing simply states that the company is "seeking videogame development talent across all disciplines to work on an action game for Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3 based on the popular Warhammer 40,000 universe from Games Workshop."

"We want the most talented, most enthusiastic and motivated developers to join us," it goes on to say, "and help push Brisbane and THQ Studio Australia to the forefront of Australian development." The company is looking for a Lead Artist, Lead Animator, Environment Artist, Animator, Senior Designer, Audio Designer, Engine programmer, Game Programmer and QA Lead.

While the listing itself gives no details as to the type of game it may be, THQ Studio Australia's website states that: "We are currently looking for people to work on a next-gen brutal, intimate melee combat game using a world-class brand".

-No doubt we will have a long wait before this sees the light of day, but if they pull it off it will be amazing! Here's hoping there's not a Smurf in sight...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be interesting, but I think it would be too much asking for marines not to show up.. Seeing as its melee.. they will probably do what relic did with dawn of war and take the most basic races that you can almost sort of relate too. Like Orks Marines chaos and eldar again or summit. I think that gets my point across.. Anyways heres hoping this rumour is true!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

Wouldn't it be great if they made an fps? Like the classic Fire Warrior way back in 2001. I caught my brother playing on that the other day, makes me want to play it again. It doesn't have to be a Fire Warrior this time, maybe an Imperial Guard; where you could go anywhere you want, do whatever you want etc.

Of course, this is me playing with the idea

Although it would take quite a while, I agree, but what a game it would be as then the developers would have a better idea on how to push all of it's features to the max without dumbing down anything. I sure hope that when this thing hit the light, loads of people are going to flock to it, with luck on their part.

What if it's going to have the online feature... *Drools*

Great find thewineguy, kudos from me my friend

-Kai-Itza-

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

I WANT MY COPY NOW!!!!!!!! arrgggggghhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!

Great news, shame it won't be for a long time yet. But thanks for sharing!
    Ohh I wonder if it will be like HALO wars, that game looks super good.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

There are plenty of possibilities. I'd love to see an RPG, KOTOR-style, based on the Dark heresy system.
    "Politics is the womb in which war develops"
    Clausewitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Hopefully they make it in a mix of COD and Oblivion style gameplay, But with Gears of War style bloodshed.

Start out with Marines, Chaos, Imperial Guard, and Orks, but make the other races available for download on the market instead of making a second.

Have HUGE online games with dedicated servers. Maybe up to 100 players in one game? All races are available for online play, the higher your rank, the more you can equip your warrior.

I doubt they will make it like this.

I can dream I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    !
    Ohh I wonder if it will be like HALO wars, that game looks super good.
    I doubt that they will make another series of RTS 40k games, they already have DOW, 3 expansion packs and are making DOW2
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

All I want is Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, except with 40k races and weapons... it doesn't make sense that every different race would be running around trying to kill each at once, but it would just be cool.

If this rumored PS3/360 thing happens I might just have to buy one of those systems.
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

I was very, VERY drunk. thechaplain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

I guess I'm the only bugger hoping for a Battlefleet Gothic-themed game, then??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    There are plenty of possibilities. I'd love to see an RPG, KOTOR-style, based on the Dark heresy system.
    I agree an inquisition based story-line would make a fantastic game for that sort of set up. Couldn't argue with another FPS though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast