Citadel Realm of Battle Gameboard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Citadel Realm of Battle Gameboard

Games Workshop

Now let me put this first. This thing looks great, it can be painted up to suit any environment and im sure its high quality BUT (and thats a big BUT) 150 QUID!!!!!
    I did buy the imperial sector for 50 quid but i love the buildings and can take them down to my local store to have some half decent scenery and the WHFB buildings look just as good but is this just one step too far? I mean how much does some MDF, polystyrene and some effort cost to make your own hmm?! I dont know, ive always wanted to make my own board (its on a very big to do list i promise) but seeing this has bumped it up almost to the top. Im going to make the baddest mofo board and have kick ass scratch built scenery just to show GW what for!

PL

PS
    250th post woo

I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Right, I'm a fan of the idea of this product, but I think the price is much, much too high for what it is, especially with many tightening their budgets at this time. Best of luck on building your board, and I'd love to see your work if you do so!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Great idea, and it does look very good. A portable 6x4 foot detailed board? And it even comes with a bag for it? Oh yes. But the price is indeed very high.. It'd be hard to justify.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate you gw, I seriously do. Who wouldnt buy that? If it wasnt 300 dollars!!
    Vampire Counts-4000 Points
    Empire-2250 Points
    Black Templars-2000 Points

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Are you guys mad?! The board is frelling AWESOME! The cracks on the board? they're filled with skulls!

GW battle board:£150

6'X4' MDF sheet:£30
    Bag of Sand:£25
    Enough PVA to glue the sand to the board:£30
    2x Modular gaming hill:£30
    Jigsaw for cutting up the board into modules:£60
    Total:£175

Not to mention the MDF board is probably going to weigh a ton more than the GW battle board. Smegging worth it, if you ask me.
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    Are you guys mad?! The board is frelling AWESOME! The cracks on the board? they're filled with skulls!

GW battle board:£150

Bag of Sand:£25
    Enough PVA to glue the sand to the board:£30
    Jigsaw for cutting up the board into modules:£60
    Total:£175

Not to mention the MDF board is probably going to weigh a ton more than the GW battle board. Smegging worth it, if you ask me.
    What the hell is in your PVA?? Crack?? There's something funky in it if you're paying £25(!) for sand!!!
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Enough PVA to cover a 6'x4' board adverages at about £25
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Feb General Purpose PVA 5L, 118981

You can send me the extra £15 odd that I just saved you, if you like. 5L will glue half a beach to your table.

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

This set contains six unique 2' x 2' rigid-plastic board sections and 32 plastic connectors (14 are required for assembly, the others are spares), enabling you to assemble a 6' x 4' gaming table. The Citadel Realm of Battle Gameboard is supplied in a nylon zip-up bag with a shoulder strap, carrying handle and internal pocket.
    I do like how the G.W board comes in a nylon zip-up bag with a shoulder strap, carrying handle and internal pocket. I mean how else would I take my 6' x 4' gaming table out with me to my weekly hair dressing trip or to the beach? Nothing says cool than than unfolding your 6' x 4' gaming table supplied in a nylon zip-up bag with a shoulder strap, carrying handle and internal pocket (for your make up) at the bus stop and having a quick game!

Jokes aside, this is just like most of G.W hobby supplies, great products but high prices.
    I guess they are aimed at the rich and the lazy. I am in no doubt that this is a great board, but i'm not lazy enough that i can't make my own.

And if you want real cheap PVA glue get a litre bottle of artattack glue from Wilko is like
    £1.50 a bottle.
    And you can get sand for free (a beach anyone or failing that building sites, road works, deserts, kids sand pits). And you can hire a jigsaw for about £20 or just get the MDF cut in the shop when you buy it for free. So I rekcon I could make a board for about £66.

Bag of Sand:£free
    Enough PVA to glue the sand to the board:£6
    Jigsaw for cutting up the board into modules:£free

The only reason I don't have one is due to space right now.

- Boomer.
    Last edited by Chubby_Jedi; October 20th, 2008 at 13:52.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Bag of Sand:£free
    Enough PVA to glue the sand to the board:£6
    Jigsaw for cutting up the board into modules:£free

The only reason I don't have one is due to space right now.

- Boomer.
    You could make some hills while you've got the jigsaw out, actually.

But yes- for the rich and lazy. The one big advantage that I can see is actually tied up with that shoulder bag you love so much- it is actually portable! That also means pack-awayable and easily storable- features I'll confess are difficult to replicate in MDF.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast