Necron Rumours - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Necron Rumours

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Necron Rumours

Posted by The Dude on Warseer

General Info

Brimstone has said Necrons should appear late 2009 early 2010 at the earliest.

Rules

There will supposedly be 3 tiers of Lord in a similar vein to the Necron background section of the Apocalypse book. Each tier will supposedly have more options as you go up. The top tier is rumoured to be the C’Tan infused, or simply mad version of the Lord, keeping the C’tan models useable in regular 40K.

Some say there is the possibility of a "Spyder Lord", although this is likely just mutant wishlisting.

There was some talk of C’Tan replacing a normal Lord mid-battle

Some say the C'Tan will become apocalypse only, possibly getting Forge World models. This would differentiate them from the C’Tan infused or Mad Lord that thinks it’s a C’Tan.

Some say we can expect to see Named Lords such as those that appeared in the Medusa V campaign background.

"We'll Be Back" is rumoured to either receive a major overhaul or to be replaced by Feel No Pain. This is rumoured to be for game speed reasons. The benefits and drawbacks of this change have been widely discussed.

There are vague rumours that most if not all units in the army will receive a +1T boost.

There are even vaguer rumours of a potential drop to 4+ Armour Save

The Gauss Rule is rumoured to be change. The most common rumour to this is that Gauss will not receive the usual -2 on the auto-glance, but instead only a -1 on a glance, effectively giving them the same result as they currently have. Some people have guessed that Gauss will simply be replaced with Rending, although many others believe this is unlikely. No firm rumours have emerged yet either way.

Necron Warriors are rumoured to be 20ish points (possibly 22) each with T5. They will also supposedly get some form of Grenade.

Some say Warriors and Immortals will get Slow and Purposeful or possibly even Relentless.

It is rumoured that there will be at least one more troop choice coming from either a rearranged FOC or possibly a brand new unit.

It is rumoured that one or more new units is being developed

There will possibly be new types of scarabs. Builder scarabs for repairing friendly units, and combat scarabs for… combat.

It has been said that the Monolith will go up to 300 points

There has been some talk of a new vehicle. What this is unclear, with many people suspecting something “smaller” than a Monolith such as the Pylon or Obelisk.

So go on get discussing already.

JvK

Last edited by Jared van Kell; January 31st, 2009 at 05:50.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

Hmm, a lot of that doesn't look concrete at all, and I've read about half of those rumors for the past year.

The army wide +1 T is interesting though, if they keep 3+ save with that bonus it'd justify the price increase.

I do believe 'Crons need a new vehicle of some sort, give some variety and more options. I'm also a firm believer Flayed Ones need to move to Core Troops.

No rumors on Flayed Ones or Pariahs getting an overhaul yet? This does not bode well.

-K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

Great so we pay even more for our Core choice warriors -.- all these rumours sound as fishy as the Mermaids song. most rumours are stil persisting though like the +1 Thoughness. but I'm wondering if the guass rule would get the -1 fix that would be a great option.

Cheers Jayz

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Its nice to here that the crons are being looked out for.

Im not too keen on the +1T rumour, it would make them pretty hard! Immortals at T6! Oooch!

Anyway, rumours are rumours, nothing is set until the books are pressed.

Dan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Nice wrap-up there. I would be mucho disappointed if warriors went up in price. They're already too expensive for MEQs with WBB.

Also, if GW wants us to fill our armies with grunts, the warriors N-E-E-D alternatives. A proper transport or deep strike/infiltrate is mandatory, I think. Forcing us to use troops, THEN making us footslog them borders on criminal.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x4)

I hate to be the bearer of bad new but Harry at WS says that the Necron codex has not been started, so this is all just Whishlisting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by BDJV View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad new but Harry at WS says that the Necron codex has not been started, so this is all just Whishlisting.
    we have plenty of other sources that go against that.

lots of these rumors do bear a remarkable similarity to the wishlists and guesswork that were going on. but... monolith? 300 points? that's plain crazy while he have phase out. wihtout it... yeah. point: pylon > monolith... obilesk =ish to monolith. The monolith 300 rumor sounds to me like whining by people who still beleive crons are overpowered.
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if we do see a definate rumor about increse in pointsfor warriors than we know for sure the another troop choice will come out. One goal of GW is for every army to be able to fill a 500 pt list, with a 20 pt warrior, that leaves for a 100 pt lord....a 22 pt warrior, well a 60 pt lord seems pretty lame. I too am all for played ones as troops, they are currently the same pts n e ways, lets make the transition already. Maybe, if u take them as troops they cant "Burrow" or wat ev. I personally beleive they should be able to burrow into combat, that would be SWEET!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x4)

Believe what you want, I was just reporting the latest. I'd just hate to see anyone get their hopes up falsely. As a Space Wolves player I know how crappy that can be.

In the past Harry has always been 100 percent spot on with his rumors, so I have no reason to doubt this one. The fact is that the rumor thread for Necrons was closed on WS, based on the posts by Harry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

Rumors are rumors, nothing is fact regarding them, Harry can BS his way through early rumors because most of them are just wish list material. As it is, none of the rumors are particularly good, and none of them I would have guessed would come for 'Crons.

Anyways the only thing I like as stated was the +1T, would make 'Crons as Relentless as Plague Marines. Which if they are straight rips of Terminator, would make perfect sense to me.

-K

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast