More super heavies for apocalypse? (question) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

More super heavies for apocalypse? (question)

I've been out of the game for too long, other stuff has taken over my hobby time and I've just recently took it back. I read up alot of White Dwarfs while I was away, and I see that they released the Stompa, and from what the rumour says plastic Valkyrie soon too. Is there any rumour on a plastic Warhound Titan? I almost clicked buy on the forge world website but I want to know if there is such a rumour?

Thanks

Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't heard any rumor about one or seen anything about it a Warhound being plastic. If there is one, its safe to assume it will be way out. There is a lot of wishlisting of what will become or want to be come when there is talk about plastic super heavies. I would say if you don't see a release date or a solid rumor for it, just buy it and be happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plastic Warhound Titan isn't really too far out considering the Stompa is roughly the same size, if not larger. Though i do doubt they will release one, unless Apocaiypse will continue to be added to in 2010.
    Warriors of Chaos Khorne Army WiP

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...horne-wip.html

Check it out!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Ah, but the thing to remember is, GW have already taken the Baneblade from FW, and the Warhound is another Cashcow for them. Forgeworld and Games Workshop already have alot of problems between them, and this may push them ovedr the edge. I don't think GW would do it, just to keep 'nice' with forgeworld.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x2)

I really don't understand why there is this fractured relationship between ForgeWorld and GW main.. It seems to me that the interest in FW stuff is clear, especially when you look at how busy their stand was at last years games day..

From a business point of view it makes sense to take the really popular items and make them more accessible to those people who either don't want to have the hassle of dealing with a resin model or those that don't want to spend that kind of money. Also, if you take that part of the modeling away from FW then they can concentrate on the newer stuff that probably will never get made into plastics.

Just before Games Day last year they told me that they were selling 25 Reaver Titans a week and so my Bloodthirster order would take a while. It seems to me that FW needs to be taken fully into the GW fold and treat as another part of the main business, rather that what I see today as a shady sideline that sort of is, and sort of isn't GW. Its never going to be the case that their resin models will be sold in the GW stores as they won't be able to generate the volume required. But the models they make and the rules generated for those models should be automatically adopted as standard and incorporated fully. Which means that GW would have to synchronise and regularly update codex's / army lists to accomodate this. Thats another point which really gets me up on a soapbox and i'll leave that for another thread!!.

jusy my £0.02
    Current Army Status - Chaos - 15000 points, Orks (BadMoonz) - 3000 Points - Space Wolves - 4000 Points, Necrons - 2000 Points.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

I seriously doubt that GW would make a warhound. If the did then it wouldnt be as posable as I doubt GW would add all the pistons and such to the kit. The stompa and baneblade are both much blockier than the warhound and are not as detailed.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I really want to see a high-tech skimmer superheavy that can fit in for necrons,eldar,or tau.
    Do we really need more Imperium crap?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Well, its all really quite cool, but yes, some diversity would be nice at this point. I'm pretty sure Necrons don't even have a superheavy. Daemonhunters and Witchhunters too, are stuck steal... er, inducting other imperial superheavies.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

As of yet there are no plans to make a warhound into plastic form as it will require too much work to get the sprues right. The stompa was relatively easy to make compared to the work that would be required for a passable warhound titan.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Games Workshop should make a plastic Eldar Revenant Titan. It would be a much less complex then making a plastic Warhound Titan and also Imperial Guard have enough super heavies, its Eldars turn!
    Warriors of Chaos Khorne Army WiP

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...horne-wip.html

Check it out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast