Planet Strike rumors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x4)

Planet Strike rumors

Posted bu the Dude @ WS.

Planet Strike will supposedly come sooner than expected. I’m told July at the latest.

Rumoured rules:

In a game of Planet Strike, the Attacker/Defender split will be very important, with them possibly getting different FOCs.

Defender
    Gets to place all terrain on the battlefield and picks his table edge.

He can declare Terrain to be dangerous if he wants (Mined for example) although it’s not clear how much he can do this for.

There will be buildings with mounted weapons, like armed bunkers etc. Probably, the defender will have to place all of his army.

Attacker
    May place some Craters to get some cover.

May move in from his table edge, Deep Strike and Outflank, similar to a "Dawn of War" Scenario.

May also get some goodies like a prepared Artillery fire on the defending units, special equipment etc.

Will most likely get first Turn.

Releases:

New terrain such as a multipart plastic kit similar to the Cities of Death ruins. With enough of those you will possibly be able to build fortresses, defensive structures for tanks, or control towers, outposts etc. Also some new craters and other stuff that wasn’t expanded on.

Plastic Thunderhawk is again mentioned.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I keep hearing this rumor poping up, but they never seem to hold any light.

At one point it was mentioned that this would be out in March.....and we know that isnt happening.

Though I am holding on to see if they will actually do the Thunderhawk kit now.

I have much more hope for it now as the recent super heavies have given me hope for more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

I dunno, it all doesn't really seem to warrent a new codex... I mean, Cities of Death is about citywarfare, Apocalypse about high point level battles, Planet Strike is about... placing bunkers?

Doesn't really seems to add a whole lot to the gaming experience...

All these elements could be easily added as a single page to the scenario section of the main rulebook, alongside meat grinder etc.

I mean, something like "jungle strike" would make more sense in a way... that too wouldn't be brilliant but it would lead to a whole lot more different options...
    Last edited by Zema; March 19th, 2009 at 22:57.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually excited about this! If it basically turns into a book filled with variant missions and a few additional units for armies... well, hell! I'll be tickled pink.

Also, if new plastics come with it, so much the better.

Anything that adds variety to 40k is fine by me. I kind of miss a lot of the old missions from 4th ed and earlier that had the attacker/defender split. They were typically very interesting and made for more of the "narrative" type gaming. I know I could go back and play those (and I have), but new is always shiny.

Plus, who doesn't need a new book for $50+? Oh well... that's a tank down the drain. I won't complain as long as it's quality, however.
    I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

Sooner than expected, wasn't Planetstrike supposed to be out before July of LAST year? Jesus I thought they canned it by this point, doesn't seem to be much use for it either.

Whatever, I'm sure someone at our store will buy it and not play. We still haven't had a decent Apoc game between anyone yet.

-K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

as i chase merc about and remind him of how fail he is.
    nah, it wasn't last year... something like fall of this year, but whatever; i don't play apoc games and i suspect i won't play planetstrike games either. not that there's anything wrong with apoc, just not a fan of anything it has to offer.
    so maybe i can agree with him on that point. the only time people play it at my club is when it's some sort of store event and those tend to be disappointing as everyone drags ass in completing their moves and actions.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

GW couldn't wait to tell us about the stompa, and released pics on their website at xmas. That's a good 2 months before the product was released.

If they are to follow this trend, we should all be getting a newsletter shortly about the thunderhawk... I won't hold my breath, but I can dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x0)

this also came form warseer. I thought I would tag it on here, just a bit of food for thought. The plastic thunder hawk comes up time and time again. Rumored to take up 12 spurs from people who are allegedly working on the project at a cost of $200 don't know what currency they mean

so other rumours to possibly add RE: models

Plastic Grey Knights (especially for teleporting squads as an attacking force)

Plastic Stormtroopers/Arbites Riot Squad (ST as an attacking unit, Arbites as a definate defending unit)

Rumoured early 2nd wave of IG stuff (Hydra, Leman Russ recut kit)

2nd Wave of Daemons (makes sense as they have DS as part of their deployment rules)

Land Speeder Storm (pushed up from the 2nd wave of SM)

Eldar Jetbikes

IG Vendetta conversion Kit (via Direct - as the plastic frames we have seen don't have enough weapons to make it and the Valkyrie instructions don't seem to include it)

Other possibilities (based on nothing but 'they would fit the release')
    Plastic CSM Havocs

Plastic CSM Raptors

Wazzdakka

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also herd that the there has been a few sightings at GWHQ of a plastic Thunderhawk a while ago still in the early stages of moulding putty and plasticard. So with that being said there is a chance of a Thunderhawk popping up sometime soon(Hopefully). The Baneblade and Stromsword and Stompa I think are all tests to see if the consumers will buy something that big and expensive. But then again who knows with GW they have been saying something is going to happen for Space Wolves for a while now so who knows.
    FOR RUSS AND THE ALL FATHER!

+ Reply to Thread