Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.
Looks like just a few tweaks to make them work as a stand alone army better.
The 50/50 and 100/100 points of items/abilites is similar to vampires nowadays. Should be good.
"Lords can take 100 pts of magic items & 100 points of Chaos Mutations/Gifts. Hero's can take up to 50 points of magical items and 50 points of Chaos Mutations/Gifts."
Aww crap.. Dont like it, thats what ruined VCs imo lol.
Overall, i think ill be sticking with my version of the current BoC book
"* banner that turns Bestigors into Raider's like Beast Herds *"
Mine need no banner...
"Inside thoughts from play tester's are: That a Doombull with Chaos Mutations can rival a Vampire Lord as a combat character now. Plus Chaos Armour & Stone Skin give him nice protection at 2+ armour save. He expects Doombull to be the most popular Lord choice!"
Hmmm i hope not... Doombulls dont seem to be the kinda Lord that goes looking for challengs.. rather just smashing the nearest enemy to bits!
Also by turning the Centigors into Fast Cav there no need to add flyers into a Beast of Chaos army. Between this move and the new Gorgon & Chaos Mutations, BoC should be able to compete very well in 7th edition.
So, in special we have Minos, Ogres, and D.Ogres. In rare, Giant, Shaggoth and Gorgon... wow, nice to see them putting a lot of thought and effort into variety!
If the above doombull comment is true then basically every army we will see will be:
Doombull, Minos, Bray Shamen, Herds, Gorgon (probably, because its new, itll be more awesome rules wise than the same old other two). So, yeah,.. the only changes really are Dragon Ogres -> Gorgon and maybe BeastLord -> Doombull
*another slow clap*
So basically, all theyve done is finally give BoC a thorough FAQ?
Last edited by Phoenix; March 23rd, 2009 at 14:00.
The same, except for the doombull, no armour on this guy then? Chaos armour is a nice touchLords:
Great Bray Shaman
Doombull [magicial weapons and mutations only]
note- Lords can buy Chaos Armour for 10 ptsNice! A centigor hero! Would've liked to see a mino hero tohugh...Hero's:
CentigorSame old same old, the 5 rank rule was a shoe in.Core:
Beast Herd [rank up 5 wide]
Centigors [fast cav]
WarhoundsOnce again, no changes, great work GW, let's have 2 armybook's with the same unitsSpecial:
Tuskgor Chariots [2-1 choice]
Minotaurs [become core choice with Doombull]
Dragon OgresMostly the same, the gorgon sounds nasty!Rare:
Gorgon - [stat line: M8 WS5 S5 T5 W5 I3 5A]Well, nice rule, but not breathtakingly so.New rule change: If your General decides not to ambush, your general can have the chance for Beast Herd units to scout. [roll a D6]
1-2: Beast Herds are drunk and do not Scout
3-4: 1 unit of Beast Herds can Scout
5-6: 2 units of Beast Herds can ScoutLooking forward to this! New mino's (YES! ), the other models defenitly deserve an upgrade, good choice.New models: Bestigors, Mino's, Dragon Ogre, Shamans, Beastlord/Wargor & Gorgon.*Yawn!*Lords can take 100 pts of magic items & 100 points of Chaos Mutations/Gifts. Hero's can take up to 50 points of magical items and 50 points of Chaos Mutations/Gifts.YES! that's what i was hoping for!Some interesting new items or Chaos Mutations/Gifts: [Mutations/Gifts can only be taken once]
* banner that turns Bestigors into Raider's like Beast Herds *All those mutations are great, really BoC!* breath gift * [breaths fire 25 pts]
* extra Two Arm Mutation * [adds +2 attacks to profile 50 pts]
* extra Horn * [adds a extra attack on the charge 20 pts]
* Hoof of Speed [double M5 model 30 pts]
* Stone Skin * [+2 to your armour save 25 pts]Seems like some fun items, would still leave us with a small armory though...* Staff of Darkoth is a bound item *
* Troll Hide * [50 pts for Regeneration]
* Unholy Beast Strength [+1S for 25 pts]
* Bloodstone Braystaff* [Arcane item that gives a +1LD to Shamans and +2 MR for 50 pts]Spell Lores: Beasts of Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch are getting there own new lores. Very close to the WoC new lores with minor change to the lists. For Tzeentch player's I was told boon of Tzeentch is in there.Cool, i was hoping to field 1 in due time. I dunno about Vampire lords though, we'll have to see!Inside thoughts from play tester's are: That a Doombull with Chaos Mutations can rival a Vampire Lord as a combat character now. Plus Chaos Armour & Stone Skin give him nice protection at 2+ armour save. He expects Doombull to be the most popular Lord choice!Mh, i dunno, i hope so...Also by turning the Centigors into Fast Cav there no need to add flyers into a Beast of Chaos army. Between this move and the new Gorgon & Chaos Mutations, BoC should be able to compete very well in 7th edition.Personally, i dunno, we basically now have 1/3 of the WoC armybook with gors tacked on, i doubt our effectivesness, i was hoping for more, to be honest.I was told that they feel this list will pretty much go to print. That Games-Workshop and play testers are all happy with the end results so far. Will post more information as I get it. As I asked for the new lores so I can play test with my friends myself.
I posted first, then read phoenix's reply...
Last edited by Zema; March 23rd, 2009 at 14:09.
New plastic Minos? Friggin finally... they were rumoured to have been first made years back, and most likely GW have just kept them on the shelf until now, when they desperately need something, ANYTHING, to make this new release look worthwhile...
Like i said to phoenix, this is all a bit underwhelming... We retain most our old models, most of the older rules... Nothing new, no new twist after GW put pretty much all our special and rare choices in the WoC.
I was sorta expecting GW to give us some new rares and specials, not just 1(!).
I mean, remove the beasts from the current WoC book and you still have a very viable and strong armybook as it's essiantally the same book, but remove them from our book, and there is nothing left!
SO WHY DID GW PUT THOSE CHOICES IN THE WOC BOOK?!
It defeats the purpose of BoC!! And i'm saying this with a pain in my heart, BoC were my first army and i have an enormous weakness for them... Stupid.
TBH I wouldn't be getting to bitter about it just yet - its not confirmed as such, and we may see some interesting twists and turns along the way. And hell, inclusion of WoC rare and special may be a way to get two armies on the cheap - you don't need to buy new models and can reuse the same ones from WoC.
Remember that Bestigors are essentially 4 units (one for each Power) so we would expect as much in the models and we have no idea how the interplay between the marks and the various Beasts units will work.
I can certainly see the need for maybe one or two additional units in the rare and special slots to avoid cookie-cutter forces, but I have no doubt Doombulls will be extremely expensive, and hence rare to field, especially if Beast Lords get a good boost to leadership.
Join the LO army system! http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=910
Basically, how they used to be?
... isnt that like saying ''skellies can get HW/S, spears, or bows, making them 3 unit choices''?
Yes we do, basically pick the best and combine them as you wish. Same reasons daemons ''suck''.
And if Beasts get improved Ld then GW will have truly destroyed a perfectly awesome army...
Sorry for the negativity, i'm just quietly pleased that another of my predictions is proving right (GW ruin BoC) lol. Thats my silver lining...
Overall underwhelming, I think we are doing a better job at making a new book in the forum.
All I can hope is that these are not ALL of the changes, and there are more down the road. Only one new unit is kind of weak, and everything else is pretty much something they should have done the first time around.
The biggest problem in competitive play is that beasts really struggle when they go past 1000 points because of the low leadership and the abundance of terror causers in high points games. If anything that is what needs to be addressed. Sure they should have low leadership when they break from combat, but they field big monsters and should ignore terror and fear checks, or get a reroll or something. A change like that ans a single lord mounted on a dragon won't run your entire army off the board.