Black Library news. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Black Library news.

The following was posted by Art is Resistance on Warseer. Looks pretty interesting too me.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Is Resistance View Post
    Just got off the phone to a friend who went to the Black Library Open Day on Saturday and I have the following snippets from the Q&A sessions!

1)For the forseeable future, we will not see any more background books al la' the 13th Black Crusade / Xenology / Loathsome Ratmen - not until after Q2 of 2010
    2) There will be however, a series of books similar in size (but not thickness) to the omnibus versions of Gaunts / Eisenhorn etc... callled Space Marine: Legendary Campaigns, which will detail the various historical campaigns, starting with the Rynns World campaign, which will give a huge amount of detail on the battles, with fold out full colour maps! They intend to cover most if not all of the campaigns, including the Badab war and the Battles for Armageddon.
    3) The Horus Heresy will continue through 2010, and well into 2012
    4) Print On Demand - BL will be announcing soon that they will be takign orders for POD on ALL of their novels - even those out of print! No prices were given however...
    5) The restriction on book length is now GONE - books will be as long as they need to be to tell the stroy, rather than 'fit' a prescribed word length as previous

He didnt get any info on anything from Dan Abnett, as he missed the seminar - sorry!
    JvK

Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

Sounds good to me. Shame about the back ground books but i think the
    hersey and the new campaigns books sound a treat!
    Rep for sharing the good news!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Dangit,
    I want more Dan Abnet books!
    That dude is.... (epic drum role) like really... (more drum role) good.

Thanks for sharing!
    My WoC assembly/paint log! check it out. UPDATED 03-11-'11!
    Check out my guide on how to make Treekin.
    Please feel free to correct my spelling.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

And Jedi152 also shed some more light on all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi152 View Post
    I was holding a few bits back until they were officially announced but what the hell. What AiR said.

Print on Demand is a very exciting prospect.

A few bits i've not noticed mentioned:
    - With print on demand, they'll be starting next year and introducing roughly 1 book a month.
    - Books will indeed be getting longer. Nick Kyme said don't expect to see small 256pp books any more. Shadow King and Caledor - the second two parts of the fantasy Sundering trilogy will be upwards of 500pp.
    - Audiobooks are intended to become more popular. Next year expect to see one every other month.
    - No background books for the foreseeable future.
    - The first title in the Space Marine Battles series will be Rynn's World.
    - The Siege of Terra is likely to be a trilogy and will be the definitive end of the Horus Heresy. They do not see the series as being ongoing.
    - The next 40k short story competition will be the last. After this they forsee a reintroduction of the open submission policy.
    - We were told the competition's title, and it will be announced on the site next month.
    And Dragonlover posted this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlover View Post
    Tidbits I picked up that haven't been mentioned:

- Gav Thorpe is possibly going to be writing a prequel to Angels of Darkness

- James Swallow wants to write a spy thriller set during the HH, but for the life of me I can't remember the title. He did mention it'll have no Marines in it though.

Dragonlover
    I imagine a few people will be happy about this.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; April 15th, 2009 at 13:17.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Too bad about no more background books, great news about the increased page length, fantastic new about the print on demand!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

I hope the audiobooks will be mass produced instead of limited runs. Might making getting them a lot easier.
    Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would pick up all of the HH audiobooks in a heart beat if offered. That and most other 40k books. I hope once every other month is just the start, and they'll eventually have at least their most popular series in audio form. So many novels to read, so little time to keep with everything else I need to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The prospect of multiple novels covering the siege of Terra is awe-inspiring, not to mention the awesomeness of the next books in the legendary hero tales book things for fantasy, thanks for the info.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder. We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want to read the thousand sons novel - I wonder when it comes out.. Will be good fun if my SW buddy gets their book, since their stories are linked..
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
    The prospect of multiple novels covering the siege of Terra is awe-inspiring, not to mention the awesomeness of the next books in the legendary hero tales book things for fantasy, thanks for the info.
    I hope they do justice to the enormity of that battle, i hop abnett writes it, come to think about, it would give him the chance to book end the series.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast