Welcome to Librarium Online!
I thought this upcoming expansion deserved its own thread as it has only really featured as sidelines in Planetstrike and other threads (or if there is another one I can't find it so a new one is needed).
It's well confirmed now and there is even a pic about. Here are the tiles:
It has been in French WD is also is June's English edition. Here is the gist of the info given:
- It is described as "an inutitive plastic hex-based map system in the style of Mighty Empires."
- 48 tiles in the set, including ruined settlements, roads and spaceports (as you can probably see).
- A Hive City tile will be available seperately.
- They state you can use the set with rules of your own devising, or use their system, designed by Jervis Johnson, which is apparently going to let you "add as many layers of extra complexity and detail as you wish" (woo, Jervplexity!)
- It is plugged as tying all the different types of 40k together into one narrative, from standard missions to Apocalypse (and presumably Cities of Death and Planetstrike - hell, Battlefleet Gothic might even get a look in).
Personally I think it will be brilliant as I enjoy campaign play, but it's a hassle agreeing on a set of rules and running them between players without constant debate.
I'll also enjoy having the tiles setup somewhere (an area which will thenceforth be referred to as my "Command HQ").
Hopefully, as with CoD, Apocalypse and Planetstrike, it will also trigger a gamut of model releases.
Now if only I could get my friends to commit to a full campaign!
RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!
Saw this in the latest WD over here. I haven't looked through the Mighty Empires set yet, but have heard it should be good. So I'm waiting to find out the possebilities with this one. In any case, I will most likely get it
It looks promising, definetly something I need to get my hands one for our lgs.
Oh sweet jesus!
Strange things lurk in the deep places of the world. - Check out my Blog
It will be interesting to see how many people start to model their own tiles... I'm already thinking about how to do Macragge's Polar Defence Fortresses...