Dark eldar models and rules finished? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Dark eldar models and rules finished?

From what I have hurd the dark eldar models and rules are finished, however they are not releasing the model yet as they are unsure about how well they will sell. Whats everyone else think to this?

"Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

To say that they have completed an entire army book, and new range of models, but won't sell them because they think they won't sell well, well it's completely crazy to say that.

There is no point in doing all that work, paying people all that money to just throw it all away, they would release them if they were finished, and they haven't released them yet because they are not finished.

I'm assuming pretty much every model will be replaced in that range, so there is a lot of work to be done model wise, and I'm sure there chipping at it slowly, while more resources go towards faster releases, like skaven, space wolves and so on.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I doubt anything is finished as you report or it's possible they haven't even done much to them. As far as everything needing to be redone, I don't think so. The Raider is still very cool. Make a quicky plastic Ravager sprue and the two main vehicles are fine. They do need an update with most of their other models though. Wychs are terrible (but DElves witches weren't redone) the warriors are terrible (and would probably be redone) I don't know if they would put that much into the rest of the line. More than anything the rules need a revamp so mandrakes, scourges grotesques and Hellions are worth taking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Warp Beasts need to be redone

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BustaCaps View Post
    To say that they have completed an entire army book, and new range of models, but won't sell them because they think they won't sell well, well it's completely crazy to say that.

There is no point in doing all that work, paying people all that money to just throw it all away, they would release them if they were finished, and they haven't released them yet because they are not finished.

I'm assuming pretty much every model will be replaced in that range, so there is a lot of work to be done model wise, and I'm sure there chipping at it slowly, while more resources go towards faster releases, like skaven, space wolves and so on.
    i totally agree as i agruded with the guy who told me. Mos tof the cost in something like this is in development. The cost of actually get stuff made and on shelfs is small in comparison. But this post is there for anyone to argue ether way if they like.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x6)

id say that if the book was done, they would atleast put that out, as for the models, not sure. ANYONE who plays DE atall would likely buy the book at the very least, and most would want new models so long as they were on par with the old ones at the very least, but in all likelyhood they would all be atleast a little better.

I also agree that most of the models need to be redon. they have warriors bikes and raiders as plastic only (to my best memory...) which means that there would need to be a couple more plastics to make things sell. I dont think any DE players want more metal models in there armys, not to mention the old (sadly current) Lord model is terrible (the power claw lookin dude).

the only models i think that have any chance of working out by not being redon is the raider, bikes and warp beasts (as the beasts would be kinda anoying to make into a plastic, and are not a 100% sure take in every list)

witches, mandrakes, the hellboard guys (idk the name, im tired. Hah) lord and ravager NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to be made again, those models are all terrible (ravager not so much other than the metal)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by BustaCaps

I agree but I have heard this rumour elsewhere, the circular logic being that since nobody is buying DE they won’t sell new stuff until people start buying, which of course they won’t until there is better stuff to buy.

I don’t know how far along in the project GW are but I wouldn’t be surprised (assuming they haven’t finished) if they did pull the plug on DE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by thenewKhan View Post
    the only models i think that have any chance of working out by not being redon is the raider, bikes and warp beasts (as the beasts would be kinda anoying to make into a plastic, and are not a 100% sure take in every list)
    I don't know about on here, but a lot of DE players I know use chaos hounds as warp beasts these days, they look pretty warpbeasty and cost a lot less!
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

In the GD Spain thread it says Jes Goodwin hasnt finished work on them yet and would probably be another year or so.
    Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

Yeah, Jes explicitly said that in the last podcast, I think the words were it no secret they are next and that he's really really slow and that even from the point that he's designed the miniatures it takes months for them to make it into production.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast