Librarium Online Forums banner

Space wolves confirmed.

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Zema 
#1 ·
Cause im a space marine n00b I thought this would be a real way to get our fanboy juices flowing.

Yes more space marines are on their way in the form of power armour encased beardy werewolves.

go on click it, I dare ya!

Games Workshop

now if your still shouting something like this - "ZoMg!!! wtf 2 many space marines already. GW are space n00bs!" etc etc I advise you to move to on to other hobbies... like golf or something *shudders*

Now fanboy juice is on me:dance::beer:

#2 ·
I am going to quote you there,

ZoMg!!! wtf 2 many space marines already. lol

But I was really hoping some other armies were going to get updated before the never ending updates of the space marines. And yes, the updates of the space marines are never ending. lol

I feel like that if they do the bloodravens next, or any other marine chapter, I am converting to privateteer press.

*I am not critisizing anything, anyone or even the armies, only GW obsession for spacemarines.*

#3 ·
Space Wolves haven't had any real love in a LOOOOONG time. It doesnt' matter how much updating they do the Vanilla codex and model range, it's not like Space Wolf players could use them.

Flawed complaint is flawed.

The game/lore/story is centered around the Imperium of Man. If you don't like it, I suggest you find yourself a different game world to play in.

#10 ·
I've had space wolves models since 1995, so you are all n00bs to me :)

I only have a squad of tehm now, Grey Hunters lead by Ragnar Blackmane, but my first ever 40K painted mini was a Wolf Guard terminator sergeant that I painted for a friend...

#19 · (Edited)
You know, DE were updated more recently than SW? Their revamped, actually playable Codex (the reason it has 2nd edition stamped on the cover) came out after the SW Codex. They don't even sell the SW Codex anymore...

So, SW have as much if not more of a right to demand an update. They're the only supplemental Codex around, and none of them have been released since 3rd edition, it's been all stand alones since 4th.

EDIT: And I've only played Wolves since... er.. 2003-ish. So I can't play the veteran card :(

EDIT2: sorry, missed the last bit of Kithre's post. *embaressed face*

#14 · (Edited)
1995?

Pah

I won't even tell you when I bought my first Space Wolf...
Lol - fair enough. I do remember the 2nd edition Codex Space Wolves post Rogue Trader, that was when I painted my friend's Termie Wolf Guard sarge (and Dreadnaught as well) - brand new metal models and he let me loose on them!.

But I didn't buy any models until 1995, when I bought Ragnar and a Grey Hunters squad, which are busy being put togetehr with teh new close combat weapons and bolter arms...

I personally can't wait to see this codex, GW has ALWAYS had a significant amrine content to any edition - go back to 2nd ed, and there were books for (Ultra)marines, Angels of Death (Dark Angels Blood Angels) and Space Wolves.

This was out of a selection of the following armies - Eldar, Orks, Chaos, Imperial Guard, Nids, the 4 marine forces and Codex Sisters of Battle. That s agrand total of 40% of active army lists or 33% of codices if the DA and BA lists are treated as a single dex (which they were)

Now we have the following Codices/Lists potentially as seperate and distinct:

Space Marines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Black Templars, Space Wolves, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Chaos Marines, Chaos Demons, Imperial Guard, Witch Hunters, Necrons, Tau, Tyranids, Orks, Demon Hunters.

Thats a population of 5 lists of Space Marines, out of 15 dexes = 33% - see the trend here?

Now by the year end, only Space Wolves and Space Marines out of the Marine dexes will have been udpated to 5th standard.

There are 5 3rd edition dexes that need to be updated (one of which is Space Wolves) and as long as these get redone imminently then I see very little reason for non-marine players to gripe. Space Marines tend to get the love, I agree, but as the first codex in any cycle, they generally get some of the hate as well...Codex Space Marines in 3rd edition was a woeful list comapred to some...

Of teh existing 4th edition lists, Demons is likely to not be redone, it was probably designed with 5th in mind anyway. Similar to Orks, which appeared less than 1 yr before 5th was released.

Dark Eldar have an updated list from 2003 (so "only" 6 years old - but still poor models for the range), so the oldest unadulterated Codex is Space Wolves (arguable that they benefit from Codex Space Marine changes as well, but still) which was printed in 2000 I recall. Thats a LONG time ago!

#15 ·
Do you

Do you remember when Assault Cannons could carry on firing more shots if you got lucky with the dice, at the same time you could mow down most of one unit and then start shooting at another if they were within 4" of the first target unit.

Those were truely the days of the beard.

By Russ I miss 'em!

#16 ·
Do you remember when Assault Cannons could carry on firing more shots if you got lucky with the dice, at the same time you could mow down most of one unit and then start shooting at another if they were within 4" of the first target unit.

Those were truely the days of the beard.

By Russ I miss 'em!

Lol - thread-jacking - like it!
Aye I remember the sustained fire role of Assault xcannon, essentially a multiple launch missile launcher - I used my mate's SW army once against his guard, with Bjorn guarding a corridor against the puny weaklings - he can-openered a fair few Chimera and slaughtered droves of enemy infantry...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.