new White Dwarf subscription - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new White Dwarf subscription

Is it just me, or are they giving away a "squat" with the new subscription to WD???

White Dwarf: Subscription in a box | Games Workshop

I'm pretty sure GW emphatically denounced squats and vowed that they were unable ever to return, so much so that all imperial records of their race ever existing were purged, along with as many loyal servants tainted with knowledge and experience, of the forementioned race.

So is this GW recanting?

Have they decided 40k needs a more viking like race to liven things up, and of course dwarves?

Or am i just seeing things?

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

its not a squat, its actually The white dwarf (grombrindal?)sp.... In Space. Whoever made him seems to have wanted to get a bit more of a funny side to him this time.

So the squats arnt making a comback im afraid
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seconded, it's just Grombridal in space. I also hope that the Squats never come back.
    "Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Codicier_Valkus View Post
    Seconded, it's just Grombridal in space.
    Still an awesome mini, though.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok it is just me then!!!

That makes far more sense than a re-emergence of the squats - but you can understand my suprise when that was in my inbox this morning!

Did GW ever give a definitive reason as to why the squats were anhialated?
    Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

although squats were way before i joined the hobby, i belive they were axed because a 3" movement simply wasnt practicle in the new editions of 40k. Am i right guys?
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

i had some guy talking about squats coming back and how fun it would for them to come back, he usually is well informed and knows things as soon as staff do. i shook my head in shame and thought ow my god not this please not squats. they were way before my time, but i still dislike them due to them not really fitting in with 40k. i am not sure if the staff memeber said anything about it, i'll check today if i can. but i doubt and hope like many that they will not return.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

We want Space Dwarfs! If 40K is missing ONE thing, it's dwarfs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

337 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Jodfrey View Post
    but you can understand my suprise when that was in my inbox this morning!
    You can imagine our surprise, when sitting through the subscriber seminar at GW UK waiting for something that was actually news to us, just before we were about to leave they stopped and said "I know we said we weren't going to show you anything new but... look at this' uP comes that mini on screen, everyone gasps, I think the word squats shot into everyones head, along with the phrase "at last, I knew they had t show us something important in this seminar", then the PR bloke said 'its the new version of the white dwarf!". Within a few seconds everyone came crashing down to earth with the realization that GW had resurrected something that hey got rid of many years ago, but it was not the squats, it was a sense of humor in a non ork model.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodfrey View Post
    Did GW ever give a definitive reason as to why the squats were anhialated?
    Basically that they did not fit in with the route GW were trying to take 40k down. They wanted to separate 40k from fantasy, and take what was essentially WFB in space and make it a whole separate universe. MArines and tryanids were unique, eldar were visually very different from elves, orks were... erm spelt different, but dwarfs just screamed fantasy. So they gave them the chop. After hoards of begging letters asking for them to be bought back GW got peed off and make the 'nids eat them to shut people u once and for all. It failed.
    ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by antique_nova View Post
    ... knows things as soon as staff do.
    Just after BOLS posts it then
    Last edited by matus; October 31st, 2009 at 20:17.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

it looks as if i said i know things as soon as staff do, which i dont. sadly.
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast