Proper Dark Eldar news this time, this time with reliable info - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

Proper Dark Eldar news this time, this time with reliable info

After not having proper sources to rely on since my embarrasing necron and Dark Eldar outbursts some time ago. I manage to stumble across info that my local gws manager blurted out, well told me as i disucced the DE with him.

He said that he had reliable sources and wouldn't tell me ( obviously for the fear of lossing his job ).
    Apparently the Dark Eldar models are all done and ready for the new DE release, but they are waiting for the codex to go with it. so atleast we know that the DE codex is gonna get done soon.

thanks
    antique_nova

Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

...again?
    No.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

with respect antique, the problem is that, whilst this would be awsome if this was to be correct, you have a bit of a reliablility issue with where you got the info from here.

You see if i, or indeed most people, were a GW manager, id be on permenant guard whenever someone started to talk to me about an army witch is in the pipeline, or indeed may be in the pipeline.

For instance in my fictional world where i am a GW manager, someone comes up and talks about whats happening with the nids in January. I think, "hmm i could put my foot in it here, id better make sure i dont tell him about the awsome new... ect"

So i imagne the GW managers are very well trained to resist, and indeed used to, people asking them for info. So when you talked to the manager, i imagine his first thought, if indeed he knows about the DE was, "better watch out."

From another point of veiw, where would they fit in? with some sort of marine angels dex following nids, Fantasy ed 8 in the summer/fall (check typhus's thread for info/date) and the beats of chaos hinted in WD + whatever else is being done, it would be atleast 2011 before they got done, 2010 christmas earliest

whilst i dont doubt yourself, i am inclined to be sceptical that a Gw manager, would not think very carefully before speaking on a very delicate subject, such as the DE, so i think its quite likly that either, its half true and some models are complete, or he made it up to seem more informed than he was.

respectfully
    heirodule
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please just stop, odds are no-name managet of some unknown GW store has no clue what GW has planned, pipelined, or done. Asides the real word on DE codex and models is that they will be released when there done.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

drops head. Heirodule i didn't ask him about it, i just browsed thought the DE codex because i have been recently re-interested in them again, not because of my rumours, and i just read the codex while we waited for the store to be able to close and we were just talking about certain units and how or bad we thought they were. then he just told me.

negZero could be right, since the manager was reluctant to tell me if the source was from gws or not.

there are some angel marines following nids? or you just using the angel marines as an example? also isn't there a seperate team for 40k and fantasy?

questions asked and were kinda going off topic now, now that i am stopping my own topic, because if i pursue the convo i will most likely get wallaped for being childish and immature etc.

Now asking Heirodule about something else he said that wasn't really related to this thread. could we pm this convo about the above questions?

thanks
    antique_nova

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

as far as i know in 2008 jes goodwin said the exact same thing

in a GW podcast he said they were almost finished with the DE models but didn't mention anything about the codex at all

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

hoorah solid news! well some better than none ^^. made my day kelter! rep rep and more rep!
    thanks
    antique_nova

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by antique_nova View Post
    hoorah solid news! well some better than none ^^. made my day kelter! rep rep and more rep!
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Hoorah,that isn't solid news if it was said in 2008?.

Put it this way,DE will come in given time no need to post rumours when the only evidence you have is someones word.
    Eradicating chav scum since 2005!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

antique_nova it looks as though you've just learnt a new lesson. Always go by this example when in the rumor business: You must have sufficient evidence to back up your said rumor.

Having "someones word" could be from any Tom, Dick and Harry, more solid evidence is needed as, for all I know, you might be getting this information from a 2-year-old!

Going by your word on this is very unreliable information, when considering your other blunders you had earlier. Do the smart thing and lie down for a while, and try again if you have something solid in the way of evidence .

Well, we've all got to start somewhere eh?

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelter Skelter View Post
    in a GW podcast he said they were almost finished with the DE models but didn't mention anything about the codex at all
    Well making the models is the expensive, hard part. Making a codex isn't as hard for them, and now that I think of it they're being paid for it so who cares if it's hard.

If they have made the models then it means that Dark Eldar will return and they haven't been scrapped. Which i think is good.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast