Latest on DE and BA - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x3)

Latest on DE and BA

BA is rumoured to have two attacks basic and Furious Charge. According to Starblayde over at B&C.

Salt needed, but looking at those GH i could believe that. Could be fun.

Latest on the DE by turelhim vampire over at Warseer:

I was talking to someone who may or may not be in the know today, who told me a very interesting rumour about the Dark Eldar.

Apparently the ENTIRE range has been redone - completely new models for everything.

Yep, that's right, done. Past-tense. From what I was told Games Workshop are waiting for the right time to release them for a twofold reason:

1). The release is so massive that it would dominate the sales schedules for 2-3 months - so nothing other than Dark Eldar and a few bits and bobs for 2-3 months - you have to admit that presents a huge risk for GW.

2). They don't know if the range will sell. Because there are very few people playing Dark Eldar now they don't know if it would be worth all the additional costs of producing the sprues - time tying up the casting machines, etc - distribution costs and so forth. That would be a huge loss if no one bought them. Considering the current economic climate, could GW really afford to take such a huge risk?
    Salt needed here to. But it is a long time rumour that most of the models have been redone, and that most of it is finished. That GW is more "anxious" about a DE release than a MEQ release is hardly a suprise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

I do hope they get DE sorted soon. Perhaps they should do some kind of multiple drop with them. Drop the codex and 1/3 of the models, then drop more and more after the initial release.

Dan

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Oooh, 2 attacks and furious charge? I'd buy that for a dollar!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87 View Post
    I do hope they get DE sorted soon. Perhaps they should do some kind of multiple drop with them. Drop the codex and 1/3 of the models, then drop more and more after the initial release.

Dan
    Agreed. Thisd is what they have done with other releases, why would it suddenly be an issue now? In any case I am going to start saving money for my dark eldar like its a college fund.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

Catch 22:
    We are afraid to release too much DE models because the models have not been selling well...
    The DE have not been selling well because it has not been updated and is an all-metal army.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Tak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x2)

Happy days!

DE really needed re-inventing, I was hoping they'd treat them akin to how they re-did the Wood Elves in 6th and it sounds like they have done.

As someone who's been playing with the same models since third, I'm definitely going to re-buy my entire collection from the new ranges. I think GW could have had a lot more money out of me had they actually given me a release date... I mean if I knew DE were getting released in, say, 2 years time I'd get a new army brought and painted up but having just been told that they're in the pipeline I've hardly been buying anything because if it turns out they're scheduled for 6 months from now, then all the Marine stuff I'd have brought would just be dead money =/

Mal
    Hibernia (Eire/ or the Republic of Ireland if I must)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I'd kill for new DE models, I hate having to buy 3 or 4 boxes of men from other armies to make 1 unit of DE warriors. *grumble*

I'd be surprised if they had everything sitting there waiting to be released, The Reichstag (head office's pet name in Nottingham, well they do have a giant Imperial Eagle on the damn building) hardly has a reputation for tight lips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

I`m not keen on the (DE) models as I have loads that was not used but only a few times. That`s what I would like to see: fast units on table and not just troops/elites in transport. And a useful WWP. The Drop pod not require a squad to keep it safe...
    Last edited by Kaptin Elwazz; December 23rd, 2009 at 20:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

I have a pretty knocked about blood angels army in the loft, not so bad and salvagable so a enticing list would bring them out again as long as terminators have the 3+ inv storm shield lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Hand View Post
    Agreed. Thisd is what they have done with other releases, why would it suddenly be an issue now? In any case I am going to start saving money for my dark eldar like its a college fund.
    The problem is that GW has worked themselves into a corner: Quite some time ago (I can't remember exactly when), GW stopped making DE models and have been selling out of backstock entirely ever since. When new stuff is coming out, they stop producing the old stuff and then have the backstock carry them over the transition. However, since they haven't produced any in so long they probably don't have enough of the old models to support the jump in sales that is likely to occur when the codex is about to come out. As such, they would have to produce quite a bit of the new stuff to cover the initial demand. Theoretically they could just produce a small amount of the old stuff but those models are so bad most players (knowing new stuff is coming out soon) would just wait until the new stuff came out.

However, this is where they run in to a problem: They don't KNOW that there will be a big boost in DE sales when the new stuff comes out. Although it was true when the last couple new codexs came out but those were all fairly popular armies to begin with. DE have been neglected for so long that there aren't very many DE players anymore. As such, they'd be taking a huge financial risk to do a proper release of them and that is dangerous in the current financial climate.

As such, it isn't surprising that they are holding off on releasing them (although very disappointing).
    /WHAO/TH-/HEL/DAO/KWRAO/TH*EUPBG/KWR-/PH-/STPH
    /TP-/KWRAO/K-/RAOED/THEUS/THEPB/WAOE/SH-D/KHAT/SPHAOEUPL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast