Librarium Online Forums banner

Space Marine statue and other bits.

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Sancraer 
#1 ·
Just read this on Bols and though I should spread the wealth.

"Remember those giant Space marine statues that have been showing up in codex color plates for the past few years. Well even though some earlier company articles said they were one-off resin sculpts, it looks like they will be gracing Warhammer tabletops starting in April.

This terrain set looks to include a giant Space Marine statue, a big ruined Aquila, and a damaged church window.

Date listed is April
Price is said to be $25 in keeping with the generally low price points on the oversized terrain kits."

See less See more
#7 ·
I've seen that SM statue in quite a few WD's over the last 2 or even 3 years and I also recognise that ruined aquilla in a couple of issues as well, I've always wanted to have one of those ever since I first saw them, there wasn't a model sold by them so I presumed that they are produced just for the showcase scenery and not for customer use during that time. It's nice to see it available and I'd expect a lot of scenery/objective/conversions to include them :).

Shame about the price though :(.

Maybe later I could get some from a bits site somewhere ;).

-Kai-Itza-

#8 ·
€20 is a bit steep, but it is a pretty good kit. Will flesh out my Imperial City nicely.. whenever I get around to buying this kit.

#9 ·
yeah, I agree about the marine posture, it's one of the first things I noticed. I dunno, I don't really like it that much, I'm kinda disappointed. Maybe if I saw a different angle or something, it'd be better but I doubt it. The other pieces are cool, but there are many other scenery pieces I'd rather buy before this.

#12 ·
Its £15 for brits, GW sent me a nice little email that said so.

Personally, I don't like the kit. The marine is the one thing I coudn't model myself but is the worst model. The aquila is easy, just get a picture of it, then get the outline and size it up, print it off and stick it to thick plasticard. Then cut the plasticard into shape. Then stick the side with the paper onto another piece of plasticard, cut it out again. Then snap/cut it into pieces and stick them to an ordinary scenic base (which I'm sure you guys know how to make). More personalised and probs cheaper.

The 3rd piece in the kit is nothing special IMO.

Overall, there two thin to be that useful/fun in games, and so for me, not worth the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.