Necrons in January 2011 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Necrons in January 2011

Via Warseer. These rumours are not mine, just passing the message along.

I have some information regarding the development of a Necron codex. I do not normally come on Warseer, but thought you would appreciate this information – hence the small number of posts. You have no reason to put faith in me – and I am not prepared to prove my validity at potential detriment to my career. I do not want to specify my exact employment with Games Workshop for this reason.

Necrons have completed the initial concept phase of their line expansion. Release schedule is currently for January 2011.

This conceptual phase has been stop-start for some time – it is a product range that has massive potential, and Games Workshop have been very uncertain of the most lucrative theme by which to capitalise on its fanbase. The development is considered a high-risk investment – a commitment problem that the team is well aware of, and is exacerbated by there being multiple such high-risk line expansions currently being pursued.

3 multi-part plastic kits have been finalised as:

- Immortals
    - Spyders
    - The Necromancer

Immortals are on a large (35mm) base; they are redesigned as larger, bulkier and more dynamic.

Spyders have 3 different builds

The Necromancer is the central sell of the line expansion and has been the focus of much of the early design process. It has been through several incarnations (and names), but is essentially of the same principle as the Bone Giant for the Warhammer Fantasy range. It has a mechanised skeletal torso housing a suspended crystal, and will likely have a choice between two horrific weapons.

That is all the information I can disclose. I will not post any more.

I would like to add that development staff are getting very frustrated by headquarters’ increasingly tyrannical policies – within and between departments – with regards to information restriction. It’s absurd, and unnecessary.
    Well this all looks very promising! Plastic Tomb Spyder rumours have been floating around for a while now. Take with a pinch of salt as always, but they sound reasonable enough to be true.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member soul of the brood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well im getting a wet chirstmas, If you know what I mean...
    This may give me a reason to start a second army!
    Siggy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sincerely hope they do the c'tan justice and make them apocalypse only and thusly, absolute monsters!!!!!
    I would like to see another awoken but we can only get so much.

Also it would be nice to see immortals become badass mofos!
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Kind of a slap in the face for everyone who spent so much money buying squads of the previous immortal models.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

That's how it always is.

I hope this is true, although sometimes I think GW wants to just pretend DE and Crons never existed and not have to deal with them in their line up haha.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

If I remember correctly they will be including the C'Tan in the codex. There was discussion about them being avatars of the C'Tan channeled through a chosen Necron Lord similar to how they appear in Dawn of War, however this is still only a rumour.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

This may be sufficient to get me back into Crons after many years of not touching my collection...

~ DiW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ForceCommanderPaddy View Post
    I sincerely hope they do the c'tan justice and make them apocalypse only and thusly, absolute monsters!!!!!
    I would like to see another awoken but we can only get so much.

Also it would be nice to see immortals become badass mofos!
    I'm sure the Ctan should go to Appoc, but I'd like to see the models we own still usable as I don't see why alternative high lords couldn't be in place...plus, they already are monsters of these patrol games, love to see the STAR eating power they have in apoc!

I also agree, why huge bases for immortals...especially since they Veil around quite a bit...imagine 10 terminator sized bases...oh well, sad I won't have it in time for my next tourny in Oct 2010, but oh well.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

Ooh la la! Don't you think that means the DE are next? Because they have both been in the thought line for ages. The inquisition seems a possibility too, but the necrons coming around my bday makes me soil myself . Finally, we can collect a tide of living metal! I have always liked the necrons for there sheer resilience to damage and anti-tank capabilities in 4th edition.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove View Post
    I would like to add that development staff are getting very frustrated by headquarters’ increasingly tyrannical policies – within and between departments – with regards to information restriction. It’s absurd, and unnecessary.
    Good to know that not only the fanbase can get frustrated with GW sometimes.

This plastic stuff is sounding good, Necrons can have great potential, They are the 40K army I really the look and feel of, next to the endless space marine flavours.

Sounds good, finally the age old Necron army can sitr from its tombs and get back to the battlefield..... in a year, hopefully.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast