Forgeworld Phantom Titan News Thread - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Forgeworld Phantom Titan News Thread

I have been searching high and low for any updates on this. But it seems that after games day, the search stops. What I have gathered is that it is going to be in between the size of a warhound/ reaver titan. It is also going to cost money wise in between these 2 as well. The pictures of him standing static are only a very very rough draft preview.

Apparently Tony Cottrell said that there may be variants for psy titans (warlocks), the head will open up like the rev titan, and it will be complete by games day (August 21st, 2010 ).

Also I want to say that none of these pictures are mine, they have all been found through the many different warhammer forums on the internet. I just want to compile them all together and give people a chance to contribute , should there have been something I missed.

Here are pictures of the armor cast phantom and warlock:

Here is an interesting sketch, that someone claims it to be the work of jess goodwin, as you can see from the sketch of the phantom it is working on matching them.

Here is a youtube video where at 3:15 you will see some mock pieces of the titan's legs:
    YouTube - Forgeworld Open day 2010-Part 1

That's all I have managed to russle up for Eldar rumors specifically about the phantom titan that forge world is producing.

Thanks for reading guys.

Last edited by ericismyname; June 9th, 2010 at 23:42.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Rep for the research work, that looks a fantastic model. Thanks.
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

Yay! The Eldat are finally getting a proper titan! The only thing I'm not liking about him is the presence of hands on the end of the arms. All the past titans have just had the guns as an extention of their arms.

+Rep!

Cheers
    -DDW
    Last edited by Dead Dude Walking; June 10th, 2010 at 08:55.
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Dude Walking View Post
    The only thing I'm not liking about him is the presence of hands on the end of the arms. All the past titans have just had the guns as an extention of their arms.
    I agree, the arms look a tad out of place compared to the usual designs that are typical to Eldar design and makes the arm look more like what Tau have on their battlesuits, even though it is the dabbling of the Eldar that brought the Ethereals into being in the first place as a way of controlling the Tau.

I think I'd rather see the weapons as extensions to the arms as it would make them more in line with the Eldar range, look at the Wraithlord and the Revenant titan, there are no underslung weapons there.

Either way, the mock model of the Phantom is looking very sexy, though I wouldn't want to shell out ~£400 for one

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Itza View Post
    I agree, the arms look a tad out of place compared to the usual designs that are typical to Eldar design and makes the arm look more like what Tau have on their battlesuits, even though it is the dabbling of the Eldar that brought the Ethereals into being in the first place as a way of controlling the Tau. Where is this fluff at?

I think I'd rather see the weapons as extensions to the arms as it would make them more in line with the Eldar range, look at the Wraithlord and the Revenant titan, there are no underslung weapons there.

Either way, the mock model of the Phantom is looking very sexy, though I wouldn't want to shell out ~£400 for one

-Kai-Itza-
    I agree, the underslung weapon is different, but its def not bad looking by any means. I will however say I am undecided if i like the power fist (in the sketch) better than the under slung blade (which reminds me of heavy arms gundam)

I dont want to shell out the doh either, but i am an eldar fantatic. I sold my space wolves, salamanders, and beastmen to save up the money! haha
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

211 (x6)

Fluff?

It is hinted in this book, that during the Mon'tau - the time of terror - that the Eldar created a means to 'control' the Tau race, steer it from it's own destruction and use them as a tool towards their own survival, known to the Tau as "The Greater Good". Although unsurprisingly, none of this can be proven by the Inquisitors of the Ordo Xenos.

I've flicked through it once but haven't brought it, it has some interesting stuff, like a more indepth looks at the Ork's, artwork and insight to the Necrontyr as to what they looked like before the Necron we know of 'today', the very cool Hrud, more info an piccies of the Nid's and so forth.

Wish I brought it now

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

what was the name of the book
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

errr i have that book and i have not read that in it,will check that out tonight.there is easter eggs all on it tho, Eg the emperor is a old one/eldar god.
    'hatred is true power' ritual master garth, the 11th

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

211 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by ericismyname View Post
    what was the name of the book
    Xenology

Quote Originally Posted by furyofthegods View Post
    errr i have that book and i have not read that in it,will check that out tonight.there is easter eggs all on it tho, Eg the emperor is a old one/eldar god.
    I'm sure I read that part of it in the store, although I have read it quite a few years ago

I read just a snippet of the the Emperor being an Old One/Eldar god, he must be really old.

*sounds of the Inquisition coming*

Uh-oh time to dash...

*sounds of an Orca hurtling off*

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

dang i want to read it, but its going for a hundred bucks on amazoN! and starting at 50 bucks on ebay
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast