Librarium Online Forums banner

Forge World working on Heresy Era Space Marines

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Ignis 
#1 ·
From the latest Forge World Newsletter (242):

And the text states that this is an "exclusive work-in-progress sneak peek of one of a veritable cornucopia of forthcoming Space Marine releases."

The picture is titled mklVnl which suggests to me it is a MkV (Heresy Pattern) armour wearing Night Lord.

Interesting times!

See less See more
#3 ·
You know they will!
Can't help but wonder how far this will go - will we see Imperial Armour - Horus Heresy?
Either way, if FW release sets of older marks or space marine armour they may as well just start printing money.

#5 ·
I just hope they make them non-chapter specific, 'cause resin is bloody fiddly to convert or get rid of iconography. some MkII and MkIII would be great to spread around the Veterans in my Ultramarines.

#8 ·
Ive got about 40 or so spare MkIII heads, the scorpions ones........

It seems that all that forgeworld ever does is make ORK and CHAOS models and only makes
the occasional TAU, Space Marine or imperial guard. not that im complaining cuz i collect both those races
but they need to make more NIDZ
I think you may find FW have done more guard than anything else. This is because half of the designers and tech staff are military modellers by trade rather than warhammer based hobbyists.

Dan

#7 ·
I think they make stuff according to how well it will sell to be honest - Orks and Chaos are both big sellers, as are marines - and on if there is something in the range they can add to. 'Nids don't really have those gaps in the army that some of the other armies do.

#10 ·
Recently is a bit of a relative term as far as GW products are concerned, and FW are even worse for it.

Forge World, much like GW as a whole, tend to rely on momentum to sell their models as well as individual value - people often tend to collect armies in one go (especially if they can afford Forge World gear), so it makes sense to release a swathe of kit for one army all together - especially since they normally have a corresponding Imperial Armour book to go with them
The current book is 90% Ork stuff, so that is why the Orks are getting so much love, and the previous ones were mainly for Chaos, though all books add some little odds and sods for an opposition force (Marines or Guard usually). As Dan rightly pointed out the background of the FW staff makes them tend towards more "realistic" style models anyway - Ork stuff may be Orky, but it's based on modern technology at its core.

There is still a swathe of Guard stuff available - they don't really need much more as it stands. Space Marines are fairly well represented though they haven't really had anything new for a long time, and have been relegated to doors and chapter specific upgrade kits. Previous books have featured Tau and Tyranids as antagonists as well, so there is something out there for almost everyone - in fact the Eldar (both types) are probably the ones most in need of some FW love, perhaps the next IA book will feature them?

They do release the odd selection of other models outside of the current IA book of course - Tau seem to do quite well for new Crisis suits for example.

#11 ·
Fair enough. i just wish they wouldnt bring out the new models before they have even made rules for them
it should be the other way round. Thats not to say this always happens as sometimes they bring out models
for a book that already exists but most of the time they release a crap load of models, then release the rules about
3-4 months later.

#12 ·
The plot thickens...

Contrary to what we thought, Forge World have stated that the project is "well and truly set in the 41st millennium". Regardless, that doesn't stop it from being pre-heresy armour marks, as we know from the fluff that they remain in use.

The suffix on the filename is still "nl", though whether this is significant or not, I don't know.

The prefix on this one is HG - Honour Guard?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.