Incoming - High Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Incoming - High Elves

Just got that mail from GW:

The High Elves are the noblest of races, the remnant of a once-mighty civilisation that spanned the globe. The titanic destruction unleashed by the Daemons of Chaos and the monstrous betrayal of the Dark Elves left their nation a shadow of its former might and glory, and yet the High Elves fight on. For millennia they have stood sentinel against the depredations of Chaos, thwarting the machinations of the Dark Gods over and again, and though their population has dwindled, the skill and determination of their armies remains steadfast.
    In battle, the armies of the High Elves are a glorious sight to behold. Ranks of elite soldiers clad in unspotted white and glittering silver stand against the dark tide of the Forces of Destruction. With a mystical grace and agility that is incomparable to the lumpen, slothful gestures of lesser mortals, they cleave through the foe with spear and blade - their skill and speed a match for any foe. Volleys of white-fletched arrows are sent slashing into the foe, accompanied by the heavier, deadlier shots of the Eagle Claw Bolt Throwers, which can punch through even the thickest armour. Powerful High Elf Mages direct the ebb and flow of the Winds of Magic to smite the foe with incandescent flames, or protect their allies with the dazzling power of Asuryan, the king of the Elven gods.
    For more information about the High Elf releases in October, watch out for future newsletters, keep an on the Games Workshop website and check out October's issue of White Dwarf.

+ We are changer, we are danger // Fallen angels, yet stranger +
    + WIP CSM & DH Exorcists in the making +

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I hate this. I've got more then 6k points of High Elves, and now they're gonna make me want to buy more!
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

I love this (doing the good bad with Djones). Was considering starting HE's up again (not used since about 5th ed), now i have the perfect excuse!
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

I wanted Tomb Kings damnit!
    Fantasy: Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Beastmen and Tomb Kings.
    40k: Tyranids
    LotR: Misty Mountains and Rohan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Gedderz View Post
    I love this (doing the good bad with Djones). Was considering starting HE's up again (not used since about 5th ed), now i have the perfect excuse!
    Think also how they are getting new minis in the isle of blood set too!
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I suppose this wave of releases will be designed to bring the rest of the models up to the standard set by the Island of Blood set. After all, who would buy the current models for spearmen/reavers/swordmasters when the ones that are going to come in the starter box look so much better?

This is good news for me, it's a reason to expand my High Elf army, and to build on the Isalnd of Blood stuf without having to buy about 3 of the starter set...
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this a new army book release or just a re-release of the minis? personally i play 40k but see the HE as a stunning loking army already

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    I suppose this wave of releases will be designed to bring the rest of the models up to the standard set by the Island of Blood set. After all, who would buy the current models for spearmen/reavers/swordmasters when the ones that are going to come in the starter box look so much better?

This is good news for me, it's a reason to expand my High Elf army, and to build on the Isalnd of Blood stuf without having to buy about 3 of the starter set...
    The new starter set is the perfect bolster to my current HEs, although my poor Reavers will look like crap against the new plastic ones.

Also i'll now have the option of a prince on a dragon or on a griffon!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

I agree. I have a very large daemon army but got a couple skaven things as well. Looks like I will be collecting a small high elf army as well. I just hope there are plastic white lions and p guard. In all honesty high elves have a decent range already. Just make those 2 plastic and everythings good.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I've heard that there is indeed a HighElf book slated. Jot sure why, as they're still solid, but oh well.
    As for releases: good. I have 4k of HE but its all cavalry. This will get my beloved elves back to playable conditions at a slightly reduced cost.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast