Codex GK in January 2011 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Codex GK in January 2011

I just found some GK rumors over on Warseer posted from Stickmonkey:

So there's been some buzz elsewhere about GK, and it's been a while for me here so here's some bits and pieces.

Heavy rumors of Jan release. I cannot deny this possibility, but I might be personally inclined to say March, only because some items I expect to be released arent far enough to see how they could be done for Jan release.

Release items:

Codex: there is much less focus on Inquisition aspects, and no SoB. No Allies. A GK army.

Boxes:
    Storm Raven. obvious choice. Options for BA, GK and ???

TA knights: 5 pack, Paladin upgrades, squad upgrades. Psycannon, NFW, SSTH, banner?

PA knights: 10 pack, justicar upgrades, squad upgrades, extra bits. NFW, psycannon, incinerator, banner?

walker: There have been some rumors of a GK driven walker. I have not personally seen this in any incarnation. However, there is a boxed walker of some type. I suspect this is a dreadnaught box set that will also have bits for BA.

Tank: I have not seen mention of a GK troop transport. Rhino based with psycannon options has been in some PT. I list this as possible, but unlikely, 4 box sets of this size are about par for a release, 5 would be a surprise.

Blisters:
    New Stern

New Chaplain?

Justicar upgrade character

Paladin upgrade character

Inquisition character

2 other blisters unknown contents

Other:
    Later release of GK themed terrain set? Concepts are out and some "preview" shots are floating around if you hunt. Nothing more I can say on this.

Rule bits, these are very subject to revision, but not for much longer, to hit a Jan/Mar window codex needs to be tied up and sent to printers soon:

NFW lose the changing abilities based on rank of user. standardized to PA NFW is PW with special abilities vs Daemons, TA NFW is FW with same.

Some interesting Psychic abilities. just about all squads have psychic options. Heavy on they disabling side. Enemy psychers beware.

Not a lot of Mech. But quick to deploy.

Psycannon profile PT changes to 24" H3 AP3 S6, special against daemons and psychics. or if unmoving 5" blast 36" range

Army wide. Daemonic Infestation makes summoned demons less instable?

No allies from/to other Codii. new fodder units in codex. not same as guard units.

New options for Dreadnaughts including libby. psycannon arm. Purge weapon...large pie plate, special abilities include forcing instability test for daemons, including DoC armies, pinning in other armies.

All for now.

enjoy

StickMonkey
    Love the Idea of a pure GK force without ISTs and the like (, even thought I would like some cheaper troop-units for like 15points ala SMs for my Exorcists).

I get really excited when I read that..
    A better Psycannon sounds great, still nothin against AP but still .

The blisters sound nice and the Dread part as well, not sold on the Walker yet, but I guess it would make more sense then a Dread, wonder if it comes with Shrouding or the like.
    I thought Stern was dead though...

The NFS change to PW/FW with anti Demon sounds nice though... !

What do you all thing?

+ We are changer, we are danger // Fallen angels, yet stranger +
    + WIP CSM & DH Exorcists in the making +

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darn to the loss of SoBs as allies though we've seen it coming a mile off, the continous reminder still isn't pleasing.

What annoys the most from these rumours is the lack of strength bonuses on the NFWs. GW are definitely taking a step in the wrong direction if this is true. Guessing that they going to be like SW Rune Priest Runic Weapons. 2+ to wound against allcomers is preferable if they have to get rid of the strength bonus, similar to witchblades.

Still, Paladins 'ay? And upgrades to psycannons are always welcome.
    Last edited by Oiad; August 2nd, 2010 at 21:41.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I like the ally system, but I understand why they go away from it.

I gonna miss the Str6 Weapons as well, but Power Weapons isn't too bad neither..
    Specially if it will have a bonus against Demons, will be a lot harder against all the other infantry units though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, it's a neutering in disguise under other, slighter benefits.

---

EDIT - Grammar
    Last edited by Oiad; August 3rd, 2010 at 10:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fail, I wanted an =I= Codex, not codex Grey Knights. But still, it would be cool to see what there cheap fodder is.

A while back there was a epic amount of information on the "inquisition" codex that seemed to still have Inquisitors.
    I hope they still release a general "Codex: Inquisition" with a Sisters of Battle codex.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

From the rumours above it looks like there will still be an inquisitor option perhapse as the second HQ.

I am not too keen on the NWF becoming a PW if that is true. I would rather have S6 vs daemons as PWs arent that useful except against bloodcrushers.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

More from Stickmonkey:

With regard to the "fodder" units. Dont mistake my use of the term for them being worthless or untrained. But compared to a GK...yes they would be fodder.

I did not have the CSM book near me, but I thought summoned daemons in CSM did still have an instability rule? Regardless this Purge weapon has a special ability to cause it.
    The infestation rule as described depended on some form of instability for certain daemonic units. I dont have any other info on it. Like I said, the rules info I have is subject to change.

Another bit I missed is chaos icons do not function within X" of GK units...this is GK only units not other units included in the army list. So GK in TA, AA, or PA. Not sure of GK vehicles or walkers. I think this is tied to the hoods.

Of note compared to prior posts, gone are any references to or imagery of Jetbike riding GK. I'm disappointed by this, as I think a unit of GK on jetbikes would have been pretty cool. Expecially since they were supposed to be optionally fast attack or could take a unit upgrade to an elites slot.

Cheers.
    And onther snippet of their disgussion about the loss of Jetbikes with Stickmonkey:
    Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    The loss of Jetbikes?

How can you lose something that you never had? Something that was never anything more than the mad ravings of people who invent rumours for fun?
    With all due respect to you, The Dude, I started that rumor, and it was based on concept art and incomplete model CAD. So not exactly inventing a "rumor for fun"

Some here may not recall that IG used to have jet bikes...jet bikes with guard carrying grenade launchers. Now editions pass and the eldar and one DA are all that remain. I think fluff wise it would have fit...as well as anything else does anymore...but in the end when the entire army can teleport why take jet bikes?
    Do I read it right when I read that the entire army can teleport now !!!!!! Nice.

And another one where Harry Answers a few questions:
    Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    Heavy rumors of Jan release. I cannot deny this possibility, but I might be personally inclined to say March, only because some items I expect to be released arent far enough to see how they could be done for Jan release.

Release items:

Codex: there is much less focus on Inquisition aspects, and no SoB. No Allies. A GK army.
    There you go.
    (I have tried to put you straight on this one ever since you started posting).

I have had them coming in March for a while now (since I got Dark Eldar solid in the Autumn) but I have recently heard from a couple of places January being suggested. Like you, I wouldn't like to say for sure just yet.

Great rumours but there is a fair mix of stuff in your first post. (Some is accurate some misses by a mile).
    Can you identify the bits that are based on first hand info, collected rumours from the mintynet and the guesswork.
    Maybe some sort of colour coding.

Originally Posted by Irbian View Post
    Anything about artificer armour?
    The one thing I have posted about Grey Knights is they all wear artificer armour.

Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
    Have you heard anything about Sisters of Battle? Any hints at all which army might be after GKs?

All of the DH and WH units have been reduced to blisters so this should mean Sisters should be soon after GK. Any info on maybe a Sisters or Inquisition ally codex?
    The Sisters of battle project was started a fairly soon after the Grey Knights.
    Not right after .... a little while after.

Originally Posted by Ominous Anonymous View Post
    Stickmonkey, in addition to the jetbike rumor we also heard (from Harry) something like PA GK having a 2+ save.....
    No ... all I have said is they wear artificer armour.
    Nice, all PAGKs with 2+, I just wonder how many points they will cost.
    And to be honest, I´m not sure if thats good if they cost more then 25pts, since even now we have a really low model count.

And another snippet from stickmonkey:
    Harry is absolutely right.
    I have tried very hard to make sure everyone is aware my sources are not 100% solid. I am privy to "some" early design side info, and "some" PT notes or 2nd hand accounts. Occasionally I will be told information that is "permissible" to publish but always with the caveat that I may be fed misinformation. From what I've said in the past I think a few people here may know exactly what I do. But I still have to write a disclaimer up each time I post.

Back to info:
    The basic GK marine profile looks very similar to a SM sergeant.

The box sets should all be plastic.

I've seen other people posting rumors of a penitent engine style walker, with a PAGK driver...I have absolutely no confirmation of such a beast. However, if GW wanted to avoid the cries of "GK dont have Dreads, it isnt fluffy" that could be a way...

While External Allies rules are gone by all accounts, it does not mean allies in the codex are gone. Inquisition forces ARE present, just not as dominant. And you will recognize others.

A conversation earlier centered around an ability named "Out the Heretic" which could be used against non-daemon forces causing one unit to "count as" daemons.

Some models "may" be on display at GDUK.
    Last edited by Ignis; August 3rd, 2010 at 16:09. Reason: adding 2 snippets and another one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

A 2+ save marine with a power weapon costs 35 points per model...Once you add the storm bolter we are looking at between 36-40 points per guy? That is nuts...We definitely need some cheap fodder, and by fodder I mean really solid units that can fill the holes in an army that spends 800 points on just 20 anti infantry guys.

Adrift in Warp-space playing poker with Nurglings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earlier this year a local store manager hinted at the possibility of a "Forces of the Imperium" Book which would cover all three branches of the Inquisition and Adeptus Mechanicus too. May well be pure speculation but would be nice to see these factions expanded for 40k itself instead of in the other side-games released so far such as Inquisitor game etc.
    Be nice to see wider range of figures released for each faction too. Plastic and/or resin Grey Knights would be ace.
    . . . . . The harder we stare the more complete the disintegration . . . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Just found this regarding that question:

Originally Posted by Harry
    Quote Anything about artificer armour?
    The one thing I have posted about Grey Knights is they all wear artificer armour.

Quote Stickmonkey, in addition to the jetbike rumor we also heard (from Harry) something like PA GK having a 2+ save.....
    No ... all I have said is they wear artificer armour.
    Don´t understand what that means, but it at least seems to hint that they have a different type of armour.
    Otherwise we get teleporting Sanguinary Guards as Troops..

I really hope the GKs don´t get too expensive point wise, since otherwise it will be tough to deal with high number enemies, specially when you can´t split fire.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast