Necron rumors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Necron rumors

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ignis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

    Necron rumors

    Found a little piece of rumors about necrons over at Warseer from Kurgash:

    Talked to a few gentlemen that get good quality info on upcoming releases and they say Necrons will be after Grey Knights, Matt Ward will be writing the book and that the reason it's taken this long is because he is having trouble making the army play like Necrons after writing both Space Marines and Blood Angels. Take from this what you will but I'm not too thrilled on this as now I know for a fact WBB will cop out to FnP and other non-unique aspects.
    Nice to hear that it will be DE, GK and then Necrons...

    It´s a shame that the WBB will be gone, I hope that asides the FNP there will be another skill that has a similar effect..

    + We are changer, we are danger // Fallen angels, yet stranger +
    + WIP CSM & DH Exorcists in the making +

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cork, ROI
    Age
    27
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    2 (x1)

    Look if there's a way to make WBB work then we'll see it in the new book. for now it's a logistical nightmare. I would accept FnP but I want mass teleport/deep strike. And rending goodness.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

  4. #3
    By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    713
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

    Matt Ward is writing the codex? That could mean a really cool balanced codex, or an overly powered codex that nobody likes except the fanboys. I just hope he doesn't do what he did with the blood angels codex; take the Space Marines codex and write "fast" on every page in highlighter, only this time it will be "feel no pain" in highlighter
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Lyuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    338
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    Matt Ward is writing the codex? That could mean a really cool balanced codex, or an overly powered codex that nobody likes except the fanboys. I just hope he doesn't do what he did with the blood angels codex; take the Space Marines codex and write "fast" on every page in highlighter, only this time it will be "feel no pain" in highlighter
    If ward is writing it I can see one of the pages and what it says "The necron forces, led by a necron lord of the night-bringer held a massive campaign against the imperial world of Harris V. Soon space marines from the Ultramarine chapter arrived to aid the beleaguered world. When the necrons saw the might of the ultramarines they all phased out and left, knowing they would never be as strong and mighty as Ultramarines and switched their allegiance to Roboute Guilliman instead of the Night-bringer."
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    267
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    16 (x1)

    The staff member of the shop i went to yesterday told me that there was a picture gw send him of a new necron model called the harvester i think. :p all it showed was the head and it apparently looked amazing.
    Last edited by curly24242; September 5th, 2010 at 20:28.

  7. #6
    Ender of Threads Wraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    If ward is writing it I can see one of the pages and what it says "The necron forces, led by a necron lord of the night-bringer held a massive campaign against the imperial world of Harris V. Soon space marines from the Ultramarine chapter arrived to aid the beleaguered world. When the necrons saw the might of the ultramarines they all phased out and left, knowing they would never be as strong and mighty as Ultramarines and switched their allegiance to Roboute Guilliman instead of the Night-bringer."
    Aaargh... Don't remind me.

    "While primarily composed of successor Chapters, this group also includes several Chapters of the First Founding - notably the Imperial Fists, White Scars and Raven Guard. These Chapters can never be Ultramarines, for their gene-seed is not that of Roboute Guilliman. Nevertheless, they will ever aspire to the standards and teachings of the great Primarch." C: SM, Pg. 24

    No... Just no. We don't want to be freaking Ultramarines - we're FIRST FOUNDING LEGIONS. They can keep old Papa Smurf, we've got Corax, and Dorn, and the Khan, and we'll aspire to their standards and teachings, thank you very much! Aargh!

    Here's hoping the poor 'Crons escape that fate!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?


  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by ForceCommanderPaddy View Post
    Look if there's a way to make WBB work then we'll see it in the new book. for now it's a logistical nightmare. I would accept FnP but I want mass teleport/deep strike. And rending goodness.
    I agree, I'll take FnP over WBB. However I think it'll be a modified FnP/WBB... possibly it'll be that you have to make the test after every player turn or before the end of the enemy turn.

    I'd like to test this out myself actually to see what might benefit a balance... cause taking out a whole squad of ANY of the low unit number units can go down to bolter fire..... stupid.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts