Librarium Online Forums banner

Thunder wolves release news and your not going to be pleased

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  realitycheque 
#1 ·
I have been reminding myself to get this news up for some time, but i keep forgetting.
The second wave of space wolves, well the TWC specifically has been stalled for months due to GWS waiting for the Canis wolfborn sales to drop as they are the money that is stopping the second SW release from coming out. All info is from a friend who talked to one of the sculptures of the models. I can't remember if he was the head of the scuplting project for that model, but this source is from gws themselves.

I had an idea, since no one except adults turn the canis wolfborn models into TWC, the adults can literally control the market. I would rather say no more unless i get into trouble for helping to rally and ignite, as well as carry the momentum, the war against gws and forcing them to release the plastic TWC cav.

Oops did i say plastic? I can't remember if they were plastic or not, but i got this news about half a year ago or more.

thanks
antique_nova

#2 ·
To be fair, most things are plastic nowadays unless it's single Models/Monsters. GW rarely, very rarely, make 'monstrous' units like those in Metal nowadays. Minotaurs, Rat Ogres, Blood Crushers are all Plastic so in my eyes TWC were always going to be Plastic.

Not trying to blow the wind out of your sails there Antique. Cheers for the info anyway.

#4 · (Edited)
GW were waiting for the Canis Wolfborn sales to drop a year an a half ago? Wow, that's quite something. Especially since that model hasn't been out for a full year yet. Clever of GW to get sales for a model that isn't even out yet. And in my experience, Canis Wolfborn doesn't sell that well anyway

#5 ·
Lord Borak: Your probably right and your not blowing the wind out of my sails. That was the part that i couldn't really remember.

I don't quite know how to comment to both paint monkey's comment and stormchaser's comment. Is that good or bad paint monkey?

Stormchaser: Who knows how gws think and we don't have the sales sheet in our hands so we can only look at it from a limited number of view points. Apart from that i don't know whether to reply negatively or positively to your comment.

thanks
antique_nova

#6 ·
Erm no antique thats not possitive... Stormchaser is saying that your rumour makes no sense, but has read it slightly wrong. He thought you said you recived this news a year and a half ago, which would be impossible, as the book and model had'nt been realeased. However implying that your information was given to you 3 months after the inital release of the book makes it suspect in itself, id be very surprised if GW decided to delay the launch of what will become one of their most anticipated kits based on sales from a peirod of space wolf fever.

And think for a minute, that logic simply does not make ANY sense at all. For one Canis wolfborn is not selling faster or slower than any other model in GWs range... many people think it an incredibly ugly model, and its not like its the must have unit for space wolves that you can shove into every list every time.

Secondly why would GW delay the release if its selling well? Thats a sign that people WANT to buy thunderwolves (if its true), meaning GW could make more money releasing the kit, and making TWC afforadable for everyone.

I wouldnt put any stock into what youve been told at all, the SW second wave will come, and my guess would be spring time, between the release of the GK and the necrons. Possibly with the tyranids in their aswell.

#7 ·
i've got to say, there aren't going to come any TWC in this year. i've spoken to the GW store manager and he has seen the 40K releases for this year, and TWC weren't there. i know he's not lying to me, because he knows i'm a huge SW fan and really need models like those in my army. maybe next year or something, but the manager said you shouldn't count on it

i'm sorry :dog:

#8 ·
The second wave of space wolves, well the TWC specifically has been stalled for months due to GWS waiting for the Canis wolfborn sales to drop as they are the money that is stopping the second SW release from coming out.
Like previous posters, I'd agree that the Canis model is not selling that well mainly because of two points:

1). Its metal, so naturally its hard to work with

2). Because its metal it is also expensive especially since some people would want to convert them into TWC (I doubt this as there are so many alternatives)

3). It's a really really ugly [slash]squirrel[/slash] model

All info is from a friend who talked to one of the sculptures of the models. I can't remember if he was the head of the scuplting project for that model, but this source is from gws themselves.
They talk?! :O;)

I had an idea, since no one except adults turn the canis wolfborn models into TWC, the adults can literally control the market. I would rather say no more unless i get into trouble for helping to rally and ignite, as well as carry the momentum, the war against gws and forcing them to release the plastic TWC cav.
Us adults don't "control the market" as you would assume, we just have cheaper way to make models such as the TWC, and what war? We won't branish pitchforks, hurl petrol-bombs or burn car simply because we don't like them! We're not in the Dark Ages here, GW gave use contact details in very issue of their [slash]catalogue[/slash] magazine and on their website of us fans to contact them with queories and/or suggestions and GW answer/consider/reply to them. Even though GW does often ignore our pleas :p.

There's no war between us customers and GW, just ignorance and misunderstanding ;).

Oops did i say plastic? I can't remember if they were plastic or not, but i got this news about half a year ago or more.
Half a year ago? I think it's several Forumites/ Store staff who are wish-listing and you may have mistaken them as official. However, if this rumour proves true then I may be excited >.>

I'll file this away with Antique's other rumours.
I don't quite know how to comment to both paint monkey's comment and stormchaser's comment. Is that good or bad paint monkey?
He means that he doesn't trust the rumours that you post here, as so far they have all been proven false or so sketchy that they cannot be believed. I must agree with The Paint Monkey, unless I see something concrete about this rumour, I'm going to ignore this just like every other false rumour that you've posted :(.

-Kai-Itza-

#9 ·
He means that he doesn't trust the rumours that you post here, as so far they have all been proven false or so sketchy that they cannot be believed. I must agree with The Paint Monkey, unless I see something concrete about this rumour, I'm going to ignore this just like every other false rumour that you've posted :(.

-Kai-Itza-
The man gets me.

#10 ·
I have two thoughts here:

1) Do the sculptors even know when their work is being released? Considering GW doesn't tell most of their staff what's going on beyond the next release I imagine a lot of the current sculture work is for a vague point in the future. The same point goes for veringmeier's comment, if HO staff don't know the full details of upcoming releases I'd be highly surprised if a lowly store manager did.

2) Assuming this rumour is true, and it did come from a sculptor - does your contact know you're telling the world this? Bearing in mind the lovely legal complications around NDAs (and the fact GW *would* enforce them), I would be HIGHLY surprised if anyone in GW who did know what was what would be willing to risk his or her job telling anyone secrets about upcoming releases. If they DON'T know you're spreading the rumours, congratulations on helping them towards their P45.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.