Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Thats right peoples, its back and i personally cant freaking wait as i never actually went to one
At the Golden Daemon Finals yesterday, the staff had an announcement to make, that next year Games Day was making a return!
There were no dates or details given, but it is a whole year off yet!
I'll have to see if work can arrange a meeting in Sydney (assuming Gamesday will be in Sydney) when it is on. Not sure I could convince the missus for a trans Tasman trip for it, but the work on the other hand....
This could be interesting... I'll have to keep an eye/ear/whatever_relevant_sense_would_be_most_useful out to see what comes of this
Aussie Games Day was there and then gone again? Why did it stop in the first place?
Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs
Just got reminded of this thread because someone linked to this;
Incoming: Blood Angels; Games Day 2011 Miniature Unveiled | 2010-11-22 08:10:59.0 | What's New Today | Games Workshop
If you scroll down a bit you find this; "Games Day returns to Australia on October 1st 2011. The event will be held at the Australian Technology Park in Sydney. While the picture is not of Games Day we thought the venue was so cool we just had to show you a picture of it. Tickets go on sale on March 1st."
So I didn't really have to give you the link, did I?
(I suppose it would help if you wanted to see the picture, though...)
That's a long sales lead-up. Did the last Games Day sell out?
I've no idea. They're supposedly quite popular events, often the special games day miniature alone is enough to make people buy tickets. But if you have to plan a trip from New Zealand or even one of the far-flung states, you'd want to have a bit of time to do it! Maybe they've factored that in?
I imagine so! Considering how easy it is for me to get to the Technology Park, I guess I have no excuse then. :p
OCTOBER 1ST 2011! Australian Games Day 2011!
AUSTRALIAN TECHNOLOGY PARK, SYDNEY.
Games Day is the ultimate celebration of our hobby; a day to meet up with old friends and a chance to bump into a few of the famous faces from around the Studio and the creators of your favourite Citadel miniatures, books and games. Hobbyists travel from across the world and each year's show features a multitude of participation games that you can dive into and take part in; from quick-play skirmishes to full-on grand battles, and all the miniatures are provided. All you have to do is turn up and play!
Games Day is also home to Golden Demon, the most prestigious miniatures painting competition in the world. Every year, thousands take part in the hope of winning one of the prized Golden Demon trophies, and for the ultimate winner, the Slayer Sword. But for those of us who can only aspire to paint to the level of Golden Demon, it is a fabulous opportunity to see some of the finest examples of converted and painted Citadel miniatures anywhere in the world.
Just some of the activities we're looking to run are:
- Open Hobby Area
- 40K Big Game
- Warhammer Big Game
- War of the Ring Big Game
- Speed Painting
- Space Hulk Big Game
- Elaborate Display Boards
- Table and Terrain Raffle - Grab a brush and help paint this huge table for a chance to take a section home! Details on the type of table coming soon!
- Club Table Events - Bring your army/models (more details to follow on this one!)
- Speed Demon Painting Contest - Paint to your hightest standard within a time limit. Models provided.
- Art Contest - Sit down and draw or paint something from Games Workshop's fantasy worlds.
- Costume Contest - Dress up as your favorite Warhammer, 40K or the Lord of the Rings character.
- Banner Contest - Bring a life-size banner that you've created for Warhammer, 40K or the Lord of the Rings.
- Conversion Contest - Sit down and convert a model, we provide the materials
- Armies on Parade Competition - Have an amazing army to display? Enter your legal, fully painted and based army.
- Vehicle Conversion Competition - Enter your 40K Vehicle conversion - unpainted models recommended.
Tickets for Games Day are planned to go on sale on the 1st of March 2011.
Find out more about what we are planning for Games Day 2011 in Sydney, keep checking the website for updates!
^^ straight off the GW website for anyone that's interested.