Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
At the 04' LA GT they showed a presentation of things to come, I am going to say this info is probably 90% true, as it came strait from the presenters mouth over the laud speakers for all to hear.
Space marine codex
1. They will have major chapter traits and minor traits, along with major flaws and minor flaws. The system will be set up so you can make the majority of chapters using this system. Some of the major chapters are still getting their own codex.
2. Tech marines are now going to be elite, and work much like the techpries of the imperial guard.
3. Their will now be two types of librarians and chaplains, the normal type and a new "Master" version of each. I assume they will have a nice stat increase.
4. Librarians will now purchase their powers like wargear.
5. Vehicles can now buy a "machine spirit" as an upgrade.
6. The only weapon options a dreadnought can take are the options available in the standard dread box. (No more plasma cannons.)
7. Drop pods will be a "transport" option available to marines and dreadnoughts.
8. The assault cannon will become "rending"
9. The Whirlwinds will now have two missile types, the standard, and a "mine layer" missile that will drop a mine field at the location it hits. The player must decide at the start of the game witch ammo it will fire for the entire game.
10. Scout sergeants can now take weapon options available to a normal scout. (Bolter, sniper rifle ect.)
11. Some squads will have the option to take veteran skills. (Tank hunters ect.)
12. The alternate land speeder types will now be an upgrade to the standard squadron. For example you could have 2 tornados and a typhoon forming one squadron.
13. The marines are getting an awesome new commander kit that will have 20+ bits to choose from. It will be all plastic.
14. The battle of maccrab (sp) geensteelers are not the "new" version. Their will be another set out shortly with much more options and parts. (Also plastic)
1. Bull ogres (standard ogre infantry) will deliver impact hits on the charge, with +1 str for each additional rank.
2. Bull ogres will be armed with a close combat weapon and an "Iron fist" witch acts as either an additional hand weapon, or a shield.
3. Ogre mages will use "gastromancy" and make potions and magical effects from dead things. They will be called "butcher" and "slaughter master"
4. The Ogres will use some orc/goblin slaves.
5. They have a "goblin" stone thrower that hurls junk. It works like a stone thrower but is str 2, but also has Killing blow.
6. Yetties will be a fast moving unit that ignores terrain, they wield Ice weapons witch give them a +1 str, but are destroyed when hit by flaming weapons.
7. Magic item: Great weapon that gives +3 str.
8. Magic item: A weapon that when hits explode so you place the template to determine who is hit.
9. The Ogre chieftain, I believe, will be strong enough that when determining what he needs to hit, you use the opponentâ€™s initiative vs. his weapon skill. As it is impossible to deflect his attacks, and you only hope is to dodge them.
10. Lead belchers: Ogres with cannons. They fire rolling an artillery die for the number of shots you can take. You need to roll to hit for each shot, and must spend an entire round not moving or fighting to re-load.
11. The bull ogres will be a plastic kit.
12. I think 3 units are going to be usable in the dogs of war army.
Thatâ€™s all I can remember off the top of my head, but it all seems very legit to me.
I Really REALLY like the sound of that Commander kit.
I HAVE NO FEAR FOR I AM FEAR INCARNATE!!!-Cpt Gabriel Angleios
Battle Records W/L/D
Blood Ravens 2/0/0
Vet SM player returning with Ravens
Ex IG veteran (3yrs)
Great son of a ..... grrrr
I just started playing Space Wolves last month and I was about to order a plasma cannon arm for my venerable dread!
I am the Aquila-Guerilla!
They're not goblins, they're gnoblars, bigger noses and brown. Dreads with plasma cannons are probably available as chapter traits eg 'plasma affinity - tactical squads and dreadnoughts can have plasma cannons.
that would make sence about the plasma cannons... it just seems slilly to outright remove the option. I suppose their will be a "Melta affinity " aswell allowing multi meltas.
Hmm wonder if they could have a "flame affinity " Allowing heavy flamers in tac squads. (Y)
Ya, I saw that new commander box as well as the vet command squad box at my GW store. The commander looks really cool.
Supporter in the Eternal War Against.......Nothing!
Someone know when we are going to buy new nids (gens and another kinds of nids) ..
I STILL hope ogre kingdoms don't exist. I pray every night that, come april 1st, GW will announce; "Ogre kingdoms is just a joke, april fools!"
These rumors comfirm my fears that they will misbalance and misfluff the game, call me cynical. I just don't think they will be fair. When your basic units have multiple wounds and cause fear, something is wrong.
I kill two dwarves in the morning, I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel allright. I kill two dwarves in time of peace, and two in time of war. I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more.
Goblin kroozade of revengyness: win:19 draw:10 loss:9
As to the new 'nids stuff:
From the staff at the GW Battle Bunker in Memphis, expect the 'nid codex around February.
The Genies in the Battle for Macragge box set are new but they are not the new newe models. Apparently GW has redone the Genies and after the codex is out expect teh new Genies out as well.
It is rumored (again from Battle Bunker staff) that the new 'fex will be plastic and huge...think Leman Russ size.
What about chaos...can you remember anything else?!?!?
'And Lo! In A Cloud Of Much Prettiness And All That,
Came Karnack! And Let It Be Known That He Said;