Welcome to Librarium Online!
Well, here's the next new release....
Scheduled for May, it's the Tomb Kings (actually I'm quite pleased about this - whilst not being a tomb kings player, I believe this is the first army re-release since tomb kings were first dreamed up, maybe I'm wrong! - it's nice to see GW giving a little bit of love to an under-supported range for a change).
Incoming: Tomb Kings | Games Workshop
Wow, that's so totally unexpected. I mean we all suspected TK to be redone pretty soon and I think I heard rumours long ago about them being released around May, but really did not see this announcement coming. It's been like.. how many days, since the Orcs & goblins new models and armybook went public? Not even a week? And slam-bam another cool release coming up! I don't play TK but I am thoroughly excited about the prospect of a new range of mini's for them and armybook and artwork.
The current tomb kings book is from 2002, so almost 9 years old. They deserve their update. How old were dark eldar before they got their update?
Anyone fancy copy/pasting so i don't have to register?
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
That would technically be in violation of cipyright. However, all it says is keep tuned basically, and a couple of sneak peeks at some parts of a model - assuming a head-dress and a chest-plate...
Join the LO army system! http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=910
This is most unlike GW and very unnerving. We have effectively seen a good nine month's of releases in only about 5 months....
As for the DE, weren't they released at roughly around the same time as TK's (or maybe a year earlier)?
Overall I think it's great - Three of the least supported armies (skaven, TK's, and DE) all within 12 months. Great stuff and nice to see GW supporting the "fringe" gamers a little more these days. Having said that, you'd better make it last 'cos knowing them that's it for another 6 years at least LOL.
So nice to see a departure from the elf/dwarf/man/chaos syndrome.....
on a side note the second revision (4th ed) DE book was 2002 - same year as TK's. The first book (3rd ed) was released back in 1998 - which makes DE the longest serving general release (ie no updates to core range) in GW history.
TK must be currently running a close second.
and it's not even that tomb kings are desvering because their book is 9 years old. rather, undead suck balls in 8th ed!
8th took away every single strength the undead had;
- hoards of scary troops. we're too expensive now to outnumber anything beyond units that already kick our arses to begin with
- fear. which is pointless now. yes auto break was far too good, but undead in general can't break units anymore.
- resurecting lost troops. so now anyone who can take life magic can cast a more effective raising spell... the only thing that makes our res'ing 'better' is we can try and cast it multiple times.
- unbreakable. so are daemons, but they don't pop nearly as easily as undead do! we crumble in droves because our troops are so craptastically bad!
give undead a daemons style test so that our core lasts beyond one fething turn!!!
- magical dominance. tomb kings at least rule this area! even against dwarves & empire, there's no sutting down a tomb kings magic phase... (except for high elves who can use a very expensive 'arch mage only' magic item that works once!)
but overall, undead's magic reliance has been nerfed to hell and back since power dice are so random now.
- core mins. i agree we should all use more core, but the 25% min is brutal for all undead who are forced to take highly over-costed, craptastically bad units. thus, we get forced into very cookie-cutter builds aimed around deathstars because the bulk of our infantry suck so bad... (not saying they should be amazing, but please, make them worthwhile buy dropping their pts so we can get those big units!)
anyways, sorry for the rant! i'm eager to see how the new book will scale the undead in 8th, because right now they're far too one-dimentional and very boaring to play...
Me and some freinds were talking about this just yesterday (before GW said anything) and we all agreed that the next book that would likely be done is tomb kings. I think that it's kind of funny how not 24 hours ago we how TKs would be the next to be updated then they announced it lol.