Welcome to Librarium Online!
Rumors are surfacing on BOLS pointing to the boys in black coming after the Necrons.
Also, from what I heard the Black Templar upgrade packs can no longer be ordered, so that would seem to support the rumors. So has anyone heard anything new about when the Templars new stuff will be released?
"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon
A little but nothing solid. What I have heard.
- Phil Kelly is writing the Codex.
- More emphasis on the horde aspect of the army with lots of large units of Initiates and Neophytes.
- Emperors Champion is more in line with the company champion of the Grey Knights but is still 2 wounds. Gains preferred enemy against independent characters and monstrous creatures.
I will let you know as I hear more.
Hmmmm... Sounds quite interesting - thanks for the head-up JvK!
I've always rather liked the whole 'Teutonic Knights in space' imagery of the templars, but their 4th ed codex was so badly handi-caped by how rightous zeal worked. It shall be interesting to see how they keep the flavour, and what other new characters they come up with!
Some additional bits.
- I forgot to mention the Rightous Zeal rule could be changing to be more along the lines of the Rage USR. Something along the lines of if they fail a Ld test then they are subject to Rage and must advance towards the nearest enemy unit. As yet the details are sketchy.
- All the current special characters (ie: Helbrect and Grimaldius) will remain. Also I had heard of an mention of a special character who is like the greatest of all of the Emperor's Champions and the greatest warrior in the Black Templars. I had heard mention of a bike mounted special character with a lance like weapon but I cannot confirm this yet.
A Templar? on a bike?... Its not THE black and white space marine on the black and white bike is it?.
Couldnt resist :p
Praise be to the Emperor!!
There is a lot I don't know or cannot be certain of as GW's rumour control and security has improved leaps and bounds over the last few years. What people do not realise is that at this stage of development there is going to be a lot of red herrings as well as decent information. What you hear now may have been true before beta play-testing was finished but may have been scraped or changed by this point.