Tau Rumours - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tau Rumours

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Tau Rumours

I know their gonna be stupidly far away but I want them soon, has anyone heard anything about when their most likely to be released?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

If those are true it will make me very happy, not sure on the HQ unlocking troops bit but will have to wait and see. However skyrays could be wow!
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Markerlight + Skyray thing sounds good, drone thing sounds good, markerlights on broardsides sound good but then to make them worth buying you'd have to give them multi-trackers, but then pathfinders could use their markelights elsewhere, shield drone I like , hmm 3 wound battlesuits? Thats just more of an excuse for them to get insta-gibbed by krak missiles and the like :/, so will multi-trackers, drone controlers and target locks etc still be in the book? Same about not feeling to keen with the unlocking thing, i hope thats not true but thanks for the insight ericismyname!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

I'm worried they will up battle suits too much and make them more expensive pts wise.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

The unlocking thing is going to be interesting. The whole 3 wound suits and have all the guns, like obliterators is good, but they need to be T5 and 3+/5++. Otherwise they still will just get blown away.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Which is why you will need to use them in the role for which they were intended which is effective mobile fire support for the rest of the army not the mainstay unit as a lot of Tau players initially believe them to be. Their job is to plug the holes in your battle line of firewarriors and kroot using their high mobility to get where they need to be to destroy a particular threat to the rest of the army and then move beyond the range of retaliatory firepower.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

9. LikeAethelwulf1972 liked this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

JvK speaks truth. Battlesuits were never meant to be invincible badasses. They were meant to be mobile fire support. They're not meant to stand up to a prolonged slugging match, whether at range or up close. Hence the "Jump Shoot Jump" tactics you see for suits. They're supposed to be used for quick hit and run strikes, not wading through firefights. If you're looking for that, go play Space Marines. Looking through the Tau codex, nothing really strikes me as being just cringe-worthy terrible or broken, they've just been overshadowed by all the awesome new shiny toys the more recent codexes have. The only really huge thing that stands out for me is that Devilfish are way overpriced and not that good. Considering that's their only transport, that's a major flaw. Still though, Tau don't have it as bad as, say, Necrons, who are just kinda sad right now.
    House Crocotta - Imperial Guard 4000
    Tomb World Sheol - Necron 2000

Imperial Guard Tactics - The Art of Big Scary Distractions: Part 1 Part 2

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Ugh... There's not much in there to like at all. I'd want to see fire warriors get heavy weapons, even if they're on heavy gun drones (so, twinlinked BS2), pathfinders get to split their fire (perhaps require an upgraded sergeant to be alive, a la those accursed 5-krak space puppy devastators), and a points cut for devilfish. That would about do it for me. This rumor of a leaked codex is horrible!
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    Ugh... There's not much in there to like at all. I'd want to see fire warriors get heavy weapons, even if they're on heavy gun drones (so, twinlinked BS2), pathfinders get to split their fire (perhaps require an upgraded sergeant to be alive, a la those accursed 5-krak space puppy devastators), and a points cut for devilfish. That would about do it for me. This rumor of a leaked codex is horrible!
    Ironic you should mention the thought of pathfinders + idea of longfang-like fire-spliting, as rummor has it that Phil Kelly is writing the tau 'dex!

This would be outstanding for the tau if true, as they'll be rewarded with a good deal of viable units, plenty of options in their lists, few if any real 'must have' deathstar style units and best of all, awsome backstory! (with very little to no fanboy'ism to ruin it all...)

Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast