choas space marine rumour - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

choas space marine rumour

iver heard that chaos might be getting the land raider cruasder/redemer im not sure when but the GW shop owner for my local store let summit slip about how chaos have aquired a few land raider cruasder/redemersso im not 100% sure
    im hoping this comes true but who knows time will tell

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the Theatre of War, taking centre stage.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    179 (x5)

Maybe in their next codex or a white dwarf supplement but the main thing they need is plastic raptors and a plastic dreadnaught.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Debating fluff and whether chaos has this or that uni somewhere or not happens all the time in stores - unless you see a picture of a chaos redeemer then don't believe it will happen. If it does, then it would most likely be released with a new codex as CSM aren't that far down the list of armies that need to be redone.
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i have to agree on the plastic kits ofr the raptors, as ive just hadmine arrive and dam i need some strong super glue and a lump of lead under them lol
    year i know the codex is due for update soon allthough tau and necrons will be fist (looking forward to the necron one)
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

In the Theatre of War, taking centre stage.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    179 (x5)

for the next chaos codex they need to make it so as they can have most of the stuff that the normal marines can have like the reedeemer, thunderfire cannon, ironclad dreadnaughts. it would be cool to see more daemon engines like the defiler aswell and maybe, just maybe plastic obliterators and havocs aswell as the previously mentioned ones. daemons will probably no longer be in the codex as they now have their own, leaving more room for the different chaos factions instead of just an elite unit from each, we may finally be able to field whole armies for each faction with each one having its own uniqe benefits and drawbacks. Thousand sons terminators FTW, as long as they still have 2 wounds like the really old ones.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Thats not what Chaos need, we don't want to be more like our Imperial equals, besides, the thunderfire cannon, thunderhammers, stormshields, landspeeders, well basically any unit/equipment that Space Marines have but Chaos don't was all made after the Heresy or so i'm told, thats why we don't and shouldn't have it, there'd not be much point in Chaos Space Marines if the only thing that differed us from Space Marines is one or two units . I mean could you imagine if Eldar units were riding round in Raiders, it's not exactly the same thing, but you get the idea, it just wouldn't be right . Maybe we should have something similar, but not the same thing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by DAMO.R View Post
    for the next chaos codex they need to make it so as they can have most of the stuff that the normal marines can have like the reedeemer, thunderfire cannon, ironclad dreadnaughts.

No.

Not to sound rude, but straight up no. 1st, it would make us even less different from loyalists than the last book already did. 2nd, it wouldn't make sense.

Sure, Dreadnoughts have had (fluff wise) quite a variety before/durring the Heresy, but not of the Ironclad style. We could have ones more similar to the ones with 2 full gun arms MAYBE, but not Ironclads. Thunderfire Cannons are again a massive no. They were not really around till recently, hence them only showing up AT ALL in the last book. Yeah, there might be some fluff saying they were around before, but I am going to be somewhat of an OG fluff-nazi and say that they were not. Why? Because they were a stupid idea to begin with. The Redeemer, again, no. Yeah, we have had Land Raiders the whole time, literally just as long as Loyalists (Legion to Legion could be arguable, but not worth the debate). The Reddemer however, has not been around since the Heresy. It again is a pretty new contraption.

Yeah, the Redeemer and Ironclad would definitely give us more of an edge, but not the kind I think the majority of us want. At-least those of us who have used at-least one of the books that was around before this one.

What we need are more Daemon-engines if we are to get completely new contraptions. If we get stuff that the Loyalists have, then we are yet again leaving our beginning of being Traitor Legions, and coming closer to what this current book did by making us Traitor Chapters/companies. Alot of us DON'T want this. We want our Legions back, at-least in how they look/feel.

What we mainly need is one of 3 things...

A) More Legion type units/fluff/models whatever
    B ) More daemonic "I HAVE been stuck in the Warp for 10k years" kinda stuff. Daemon Engines/Oblit type units (Imagine Oblits+Zerkers/Vanilla Marines= OH yeah.)

or

C) Scrap the Chaos Marines as a whole and start calling them "Angry Loyal Marines with Spikes and Worse ****" and give them everything you listed, plus special Characters who change there tactics, lose the Daemons all together and then add in some drop pods and OP HS unit like Longfangs... I hope this one wont happen.
    Last edited by thenewKhan; May 8th, 2011 at 04:33.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

I am quite happy with what we have already.

I think the Dreadnaughts need a revisit as I hardly see people using them, rage/fire frenzy is too harsh.
    Better marks, its fine having legionnaire troops, but without legionnaire HQs and elites/heavies, its strange.

I think we will see a few more none HQ heros introduced and perhaps a HQ from each legion too.

Also, we can say good bye to lash!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not. The 4th edition codex was an insult to everyone who loved chaos marines. I would like to see: more chaos, less renegade. Psychic powers that can actually compete with other armies. This means not getting rid of lash but actually making other powers worth taking in comparison. A much,much,much better dreadnought. Havocs, predators,vindicators all brought in to line point wise with current marine codexes. Better noise marines. They aren't worth anything near what you pay. Cultists would be a cool addition. another demon engine and a better defiler. Better demons. The currrent ones are not worth their cost. You're better off taking regular marines.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

I've been kicking an idea around in my head for a while abotu what I'd want from a new book and my #1 new unit that I want is a defiler based transport. Think of it as a rhino on legs I guess.

Also, the IG have the valkyrie, all the SM chapters have storm ravens... can we get a bit of flying love please? I have no idea how they'd get this to work as a plastic hellblade would be pointless - so a new lander type craft would have to be plucked out of thin air, but still it would make sense considering the amount of flying things other simmilar armies now have access to.

An interesting twist would be to make possessed somewhat like obliterators in that they could choose to use a power fist, power weapon or flamer each turn. Obviously the points would have to increase, but that would be quite nifty and possibly make them worth taking again.

The characters all need eternal warrior. There needs to be a character (possibly typhus?) that makes terminators count as troops so chaos can finally play a competitive 'wing' army without having to use the deathwing or loganwing rules.

A special character aspiring champion should be included - grey knights got thawn, SM have the scout guy (who's name I have forgotten!) and IG have al'raheim and others.

Daemons need to be upgraded. I understand that daemons now have their own book, but perhaps bringing it back in like the imperial armies used to be able to take units from the deamonhunters book etc - so you could take a unit of bloodletters, but they'd count as elites or something.

Sadly I think there will be a price increase on the deamon prince as he's currently one of the best HQ's in the game.

As mentioned, predators, havocs and dreadnoughts need to be brought up to par to make people take them again. I'd also add raptors to that list. A plastic dreadnought and raptors would be essential also.

Thats about it I think (for now!)
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast