Librarium Online Forums banner

Storm of Magic release pictures

4K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  Trouser Tyrant 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I posted some pics on Warseer for the Storm of Magic releases:

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm just wondering if Dwarfs will get anything. It'd be pretty lame to leave an entire army out of a release (Looks at Battle Missions for 40k. Yes, I know the GKs were on the back, but that doesn't count)

#8 · (Edited)
We also have a Chaos Lord on a Manticore as well. I will give more details shortly, I've just been busy keeping an eye my three year old neice for the weekend, who is currently running around like a lunatic. lol

They get Ancestor Runes which only work during Storms of Magic.

JvK B)

#6 ·
I wonder if Wood Elf casters will get any love. There's only one in their current line that I like and I have it (the one with the staff that's kinda flying), but I need another one. As for dwarfs, I'd imagine Rune Priests would get some love.

#9 ·
Daemons have been given new models fairly recently, so, like Tomb Kings or Orcs I'd be surprised if they did get new models. Wood Elves and Brets on the other hand...

#12 ·
I have noticed how the new special characters are plastic instead of finecast...from what i can see anyway. so what was the point in finecast again?

GW: lets scrap metal models and from now on release special characters and elite units in Finecast resin.

*one month later*

GW: right we have some special character releases for storm of magic.

Production team: right. we shall get to work producing them in Finecast.

GW: Nah, just make in plastic...

#13 · (Edited)
Because GW believe that they will likely sell enough of them to justify the cost of making them in plastic. Plastic molds cost more to make than resin/metal ones do, mainly because they get used more often and will therefor need to be replaced more often.

The great thing about character molds such as these is that you can get 3 maybe 4 models worth of sprues on one mold frame so it is cost effective in this case. If GW had their way they would make a lot more models in plastic, providing of course they could sell enough of them, but the limiting factor here is cost. GW are a business after all.

JvK B)

#14 ·
I get that and frankily I'm happy with the situation, I really don't mind paying a little more to pay for the investment cost of new equipment and technology however finecast was such a tremondous let down it annoyed the heck out of me.

Games Workshop plastic kits have never let me down, they've always been fantastic to build and paint as well as extremely detailed (or atleast more than their competitors) so if these new models are expensive but also in plastic then GW will have themselves a happy customer.

I can only hope that if they cannot avoid ditching metal whatsoever that they also ditch resin as well and just go with all plastic for everything.

#16 · (Edited)
I think you are looking for something that is not there, the citadel finecast symbol is green with yellow writing and would be to the right of where it says cockatrice. It equally might be the banner that says new releases. Just a thought really.

We will know for certain anyway when they go up for pre-order on the 16th. Either way I will be getting one for my Warriors of Chaos army as well as a Manticore and a Black Dragon.

There are going to be several releases as part of the Storm of Magic. Vampire counts are getting the Abyssal Terror, which is really, really nice by the way. Beastmen will be getting a combined Cygor/Gorgon plastic kit and Tomb Kings are also getting a plastic Heirotitan/Necrolith Collosus before the year is out. Dwarfs are getting something as well as the Ancestor Runes..................but I'm not going to tell you what that is yet only that monsters beware.

JvK B)

#20 ·
as to dwarfs, read under 'tools of destruction' in their info section in the big rulebook, stuff about 'war zeppelins' (spirit of wateveritwas in the Gortrex and Felix books?) 'steam powered war engines forged in the likeness of ancestor gods' (DWARF TITANS!) and 'furnace hearted beasts'
this is some of the only things they could give us to balance it out. dwarf science vs. magic.

there's also something else good about this... the inventions are from rouge engineers... anyone know what happened to malaki makaisson???

#21 ·
Given that the Journey to Karak Dum succeeded somewhat with the Spirit of Grungni, those airships are likely to be a little more common than before. I have no doubts about any other such inventions being devised and existing.

Not sure what happened with Makaisson since Manslayer, but I'd reckon he's alive and well. Currently wondering if he's come up with spring-loaded boots at some point or some other crazy invention.

#22 ·
yep, after seeing the airship's effects, it would be mad for the slayer king not to build another one... personally i'd like to see his dragon- killing weapons.. the minigun thing, the grenade/ rocket launcher, an improved version of the goblin hewer... the titan thing could work well, as long as they don't copy the grey knight walker thing...

#24 ·
same. im never buying GW brand superglue ever again as the last one that i bought, the brush f****d up after a couple of uses rendering it useless. not to mention how expensive it is, so i think i will stick to the cheaper, better alternative that you can get from everywhere else. personally i prefer Loctite gel superglue. anyway i like the new Tzeentch guy and the only monster i dont like is the Manticore but i really need to see a better picture before i can pass propper judgement.

#26 ·
how early do subscribers typically get there white dwarfs as mine seems to take the piss, it arrives like 2 and a half weeks early or a day before it's in the shop which is annoying as hell.

That aside I'm looking forward to the ltitle magic card spellbook, I hope it has enough space in it to fit my race specific lores in (since i play tomb kings, high elves, dwarfs and finally Goblins their's plenty to put in there).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.