Citidel finecast new waves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Citidel finecast new waves

Does anyone know when the next wave of finecast is coming out? Since they pulled all of the metal models from my local store, I'd hope that it would be sooner than later...

nothing like inter species cooperation!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Yeah, I was wondering this too. Anyone have an idea of how soon? I mean, are we looking at weeks or months or what?

Cheers guys.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

it's likely that they'll release appropriate finecast models to coincide with different army updates and events instead of giant waves.
    Come see my Necrons, Space Marines, Dwarfs, Orks, Goblins and anything else I feel like painting at my blog: http://modelminiaturepainting.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

162 (x3)

So, are you saying that there will be more fantasy with Storm of Magic? Or are you saying that when a new army is released, all their stuff will be brought out in finecast?

I don't think that's what'll happen... the armies released lately (say "lately" like "2 years" maybe?) will be badly affected by that. I think it will be in waves, not massive waves, but waves, a few things here and there to keep all players happy.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

In the Theatre of War, taking centre stage.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    179 (x5)

yeah cuz Daemons got seriously overlooked. i want to be able to buy an Epidemius and then actually build him instead of crying at the thought of trying to.

In the Theatre of War, taking centre stage.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    179 (x5)

Ok. this just in !. Independant stockists can now order in finecast models

not only that but my local independant stockist was informed that there are quite a few metal models at the moment that they cant order in i.e Nightbringer, warplock engineer, ect, and if GW recieve a high enough demand for these other models then they will be converted to finecast. the store owner also said that there were also a few secret finecast models that they could not order in yet so...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

162 (x3)

Sweet, cheers for the information mate!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

May need to get the Banshees and sell my metal ones.

Have any of you tried selling metal versions of models that are currently in Finecast? Was just wondering what the value might be, if they'd be a lot lower if considered old or inferior. Lower than normal when selling used pieces anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

typically atm metal models sell for about what they did prior to the finecast release (I.E when they put the prices up). That's of course dependant on what condition they are in, brand new will be worth more than painted with dulux matt emulsion of course but they are far from worthless.

If the model was obsolete and metal it's likely to be worth more than something that isn't obsolete but merely replaced with finecast as people are always after stuff that is unusual.
    Come see my Necrons, Space Marines, Dwarfs, Orks, Goblins and anything else I feel like painting at my blog: http://modelminiaturepainting.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

my gw store was saying they believe next wave of finecast was going to be around august, but they had no clue as to what was getting redone.

since the first wave was the 100-somethin most sold metals, i'd assume that the next wave is going to encompass the next 100-something sold metal metal models.

+ Reply to Thread