Man-O-War returns for Seatember - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Man-O-War returns for Seatember

As some of you may have heard there has been whispers of the return of Man-o-War in a similar vein to the Space Hulk release two years ago.

It will be fully self contained game consisting of two plastic two fleets, Empire and Vampire Counts, with an assortment of plastic islands. The box set is rumoured to be set at around the £70 mark but I have a feeling it will be more along the lines of £50. It is authored by Phil Kelly and Jervis Johnson who will be playing the inaugural battle report, no doubt with Phil Kelly as Vampire Counts knowing his predilection towards the forces of destruction.

Released on Seatember (September) the 3rd. (Kind of getting irritated with GWs use of alliteration in their release months, Seatember, Octogre, Necrovember..........)

JvK

Last edited by Jared van Kell; July 12th, 2011 at 19:51.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Exactly what is Man-O-War? Must have been either before my time or during one of my breaks from the hobby

Also where the hell do you get all your info from?

~ Acarna

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Acarna View Post
    Exactly what is Man-O-War? Must have been either before my time or during one of my breaks from the hobby
    Naval battles, think Battlefleet Gothic for Warhammer and you will have the jist of it. It was awesome. I had and still have somewhere, a High Elf fleet complete with Starblade rams (which were awesome by the way.)

Also where the hell do you get all your info from?

~ Acarna
    Here, there and everywhere. Some of it is from discrete sources I have within the industry, whilst other bits of info are gleaned from other parts of the web. You would be surprised just how much is out there if you know where to look and would be even more shocked by what gets slipped out through very cryptic clues. A lot of those in the know don't like sitting on juicy info and will try to release it as discretely as they can without getting caught........I am not one of those though.
    A few of my sources know who I am and I have earned their trust by being not endangering their jobs by releasing information that can easily be tracked back to them.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; July 12th, 2011 at 12:37.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Thats a welcome bit of news, although if i'm honest i would rather BFG got the re-release. I remember the game but never played. Is there much in the way of magic in it ? And will the other factions be getting fleets ?
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Bloody hell, MoW got canned just as I got into the hobby and that was 19 years ago. Damn I feel old now :-(

I'd love to play it but I can't afford a fleet even if I could drag my group away from 40k. I barely get 4 games of Warhammer in a year lol
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    Bloody hell, MoW got canned just as I got into the hobby and that was 19 years ago. Damn I feel old now :-(

I'd love to play it but I can't afford a fleet even if I could drag my group away from 40k. I barely get 4 games of Warhammer in a year lol
    I feel your pain my friend. It would be nice to see some of the old models make a return. Mind you it does not stop Warhammer Forge making a few more fleets and maybe some sea monsters.

JvK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Huh. Sounds sweet I'll be sure to check it out at least.

Also, you dodgy person

~ Acarna

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Also, you dodgy person

~ Acarna
    Me...............never.

JvK

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

744 (x8)

this is sweet a game i always wanted to do but i missed out.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Great news, if it is done as well as Space Hullk, I'll invest straight away, especially since my two WFB armies are in the box!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast