Ogre Kingdoms Rumours - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Leeds, Yorkshire
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Ogre Kingdoms Rumours

Stolen from the Ogre Stronghold. I like what I am reading, but take it for what its worth. I am likely to believe the Plastic Rhinox Riders rumor given I just bought the Forge World ones, but I would be surprised if the plastic models can match the detail of the Forge World ones.

I happen to know some snippets of the forthcoming ogre book. I registred
    for the sole reason of posting what I was told, but still take with a pinch of salt:

Phil Kelly is author.

Plastic kits:
    Rhinox Riders (on regular Rhinoxen) (box of 3, Giant Bases)
    Scraplauncher/Skewer-slinger (Similar to Warp-cannon/plague-claw in design)
    Great Mammox with three ogre crew and plastic tyrant option (Same base as Arachnarock. Imagine a cross between a musk ox and a Mammoth. Absolutely the most astonishing plastic set yet produced by GW!)
    Yhetees (More gorilla-like, and and no more 80's hairstyle manes. Really dynamic for a plastic kit. Includes really awsome frozen Gnoblar-bit)

Litterally a small unit of Gnoblars can be made from the extras in these kits alone.

Jahred The Red
    Golgfag Maneater

Old models redone in finecast: Goldtooth, Skrag, maneaters (box of 3, female, ninja and pirate discontinued), Tyrant/bruiser, gorger.

Bull Charge will work always, even though you're less than 3 ogres and charge less than 6".

All ogres except butchers gain a basic 6+ save from their gut plates.

Ogre Clubs negates parry save, and is a general rule for all weapons like Choppas in OnG.

All army restrictions and max caps gone, but gnoblars do not count towards minimum core.

Weapon options for units cheaper, and minor point reductions across the board. Bulls will stay same base cost.

Magic will be standardized. Most spells will stay similar (augments with low casting values) but with greater range, and can be buffed to affect more units. May also be cast on Yhetees and Gorgers.

Rhinox Riders are super-hard. They get regular stomp and D3+1 Bull Charge, and also has Devastating Charge. (Special Choice). No mention of Bull Rhinoxen.

Scraplauncher, same but moves to Rare, does D6+1 impact hits due to Rhinox's horns.

Rhinox and Mammox are mount options for Tyrant.

Mammox can thunderstomp everything, like the SoM Bonegrinder Giant. Insane stats, but expensive (like 290 points base.). Crew can have leadbelcher swivel guns.

Hunter greatly improved. Move and fire with harpoon and monster-killing special rules.

Yhetees as in SoM, but with options for 2HW or GW.

Leadbelchers auto-hit, and can fire every turn, but only S4, no AP. Don't come with Light Armour.

Maneaters have massive point drop, and even more crazy weapon options. Can take a Special Character champion (Golgfag).

New Cauldron-altar rare unit for butchers, no new model. (Use Skrag?)

Lots of new special character. one with an insane magic weapon. Greasus now LD10 and completely rewritten (Stats, rules and items similar to Gorbad Ironclaw).

Magic Items:

Big Names Gone.

Half of items are Magic Weapons.

Tenderizer and Siegebreaker will stay.

Halfling Cookbook grants Loremaster.

There's a banner granting the same frenzy Minotaurs have.

Plastics will be out in October. Finecast in November.

2. Remove Advertisements

3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

47 (x2)

i really hope some of this happens!

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Somewhere in the Warp eating some pie
    11 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Good find there Kuffy. The Rhinox Riders are a definite addition and they are nice models so nice that all Ogre Kingdoms players WILL be getting them, no argument. The Mammoxen I have not seen yet as due to it being one of the main releases for this book it is under tight security at the moment.

The style of play has changed little in that they will still rely on the bull charge to win the combat in their favour and will most definitely need butchers and slaughtermasters to keep them in the fight. If you can protect those flanks by maintaining a battleline for the first two turns then the game will swing in your favour.

Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

+ Reply to Thread